Match Thread: Halifax v Featherstone Rovers. Sunday 30th June 2019

marklaspalmas

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So 5 backs, 4 half backs and 10 forwards including hookers King and Maskill.

So you have to assume the 5 backs pick themselves unless Teteh is not fit in which case Walters to centre. I assume that 1 half back to miss out (not guaranteed) so given that 3 are on loan/DR then, 2 of which have come in this week that maybe Chisholm or Holmes to miss out. Leaving one forward to miss out, with it being Maskill presumably. which would make the team something like:

Turner, Briscoe, Teteh, Hardcastle, Carey

Chisholm, Dagger

Wheeldon, King, Makatoa

Day, Walters, Lockwood

bench:

McLelland, Davies, Cooper, Ormonroyd

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

18 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

A risk playing Teteh in a potentially very tight game with his iffy defence.

Yeah, let's play him in easy games that we will win at a canter, games like Dewsbury and Barrow at home...………..

To use a well worn cliché, there are no easy games in this league. The guy is either fit to play or he isn't. You either trust his defence or you don't. 

19 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Yeah, let's play him in easy games that we will win at a canter, games like Dewsbury and Barrow at home...………..

To use a well worn cliché, there are no easy games in this league. The guy is either fit to play or he isn't. You either trust his defence or you don't. 

I never mentioned his fitness, I would expect the Club to only select players who are fit, except in extreme circumstances. As I said, for me I haven't been impressed with him, especially on defence. It is only my opinion,  nothing more. But if he is selected, I hope he has a great game and we win. 

I would love to see at least one of the three PNG imports make a success of it at Fev this season. Unfortunately, I suspect Ryan Carr considers Alex Sutcliffe as a more complete player that he can 'mould', if Leeds don't show a long term need for him. Teteh needs to up his game or I suspect he maybe joining Watson Boas at Doncaster on loan in the not too distant future. I really hope he proves a point and shows some form for Fev.

44 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

As I said, for me I haven't been impressed with him, especially on defence.

Until the Widnes game, where he definitely looked distinctly rusty, his defence was really strong imo. He's been unfortunate to a degree that Sutcliffe, whose defence already looks SL level, has been playing so well whilst he was out injured.

I'm a big Josh Hardcastle fan, but if people are saying Teteh needs to improve, then you could say the same about Josh's ball security, he has lost the ball in the ruck quite a few times in recent weeks (though he's far from the only one who has done that in fairness).

Golding actually plays and makes some try saving tackles and then produces the makings of the last winning try. We can all hope for good things.  Chisholm great goal kicking plus a try.

Couldn’t go today but listened on Rovers TV. Good win but performance sounded scratchy again - a bit like against Sheffield and Widnes. Good in patches but not quite clinical. Be interested to hear the thoughts of those that could attend- how were we?

and do we look good enough to take Leigh next week?

Just a thought but is there anyone from the Barrow side that are good enough and interested in playing for us next season as they out performed us as we were told in every department.Surely it wouldn’t break the bank.

9 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

Just a thought but is there anyone from the Barrow side that are good enough and interested in playing for us next season as they out performed us as we were told in every department.Surely it wouldn’t break the bank.

So did Dewsbury but we've already had most of theirs lol. 

Glad i got that prediction wrong Fax by 6.Thought it was one of our best displays of the season as Fax nearly stole the game when getting level at 18-18.All the players put in the effort Cam King ,Briscoe,and Hardcastle being my pick.Chissy copped one again{on report}and it seems teams are making him a target to put him off his game.I thought we would win by the players attitude in the warm up,they seemed switched on.Great support from our tavelling fans who made it a terrific atmosphere in the stand.Role on next week another close game in prospect,the Championship delivers again.

1 hour ago, mightyship said:

Couldn’t go today but listened on Rovers TV. Good win but performance sounded scratchy again - a bit like against Sheffield and Widnes. Good in patches but not quite clinical. Be interested to hear the thoughts of those that could attend- how were we?

and do we look good enough to take Leigh next week?

We  played well enough to win. Although Fax scored 3 tries they really didn't seem to be in the game. 2 poor defensive reads and a missed tackle gifted them their points. Brad Day had an outstanding game and King, Hardcastle and Chizzy also went well while Makatoah had his best game in a Fev shirt in my opinion.

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

We did play well enough to win, but it could so easily gone pear shaped. We need a bit more man management at the end of a tight match.But that said 2 points is 2 points. Roll on Leigh.

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Glad i got that prediction wrong Fax by 6.Thought it was one of our best displays of the season as Fax nearly stole the game when getting level at 18-18.All the players put in the effort Cam King ,Briscoe,and Hardcastle being my pick.Chissy copped one again{on report}and it seems teams are making him a target to put him off his game.I thought we would win by the players attitude in the warm up,they seemed switched on.Great support from our tavelling fans who made it a terrific atmosphere in the stand.Role on next week another close game in prospect,the Championship delivers again.

How did we line up?

I thought we showed great composure when they scored 2 quick try’s to level 18 all, we could have easily folded especially after that defeat last week, nice momentum heading into next weeks crucial game. Well done lads. UTR.

Archived