Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
binosh

Leeds Disgusting treatment of players & coaches.

Recommended Posts

Leeds have basically moved a coach and his family around the world only to give him a few months in the job, they have also told players they are not wanted even though they have also moved their families and relocated.

Garbutt found out he wasn't wanted via a tweet, Purcell has been frozen out, Watkins has been suffering with depression over the way Leeds have treated him and now Lolohea has been told he is surplus to requirements and all this before July!!!

Do the RFL not have a duty of care to these employees of Rugby League?

  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd add we've treated some players terribly.

Just off the top of my head to add to this list.

Keinhorst - let go for no apparent reason never given credit by the higher ups. People's champion!

Golding - what has he done to upset someone at the club, gone from England academy captain and FB to being binned off at Fev.

Sutcliffe - I don't rate him that much but he's been passed from pillar to post and had his talent squandered by making him a utility. Taken advantage of by the club.

Flipside is some players seem to be able to do no wrong! It was obvious McDermott had his favourites but its a real shame this seems to have continued into the new era (although it was less so under Furner I felt). Must be so frustrating for the players it is for us fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, binosh said:

Leeds have basically moved a coach and his family around the world only to give him a few months in the job, they have also told players they are not wanted even though they have also moved their families and relocated.

Garbutt found out he wasn't wanted via a tweet, Purcell has been frozen out, Watkins has been suffering with depression over the way Leeds have treated him and now Lolohea has been told he is surplus to requirements and all this before July!!!

Do the RFL not have a duty of care to these employees of Rugby League?

Leeds are doing what they think is right for the club. Only time will tell if they are proven right.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Leeds are doing what they think is right for the club. Only time will tell if they are proven right.

Whoosh!


rldfsignature.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, binosh said:

Leeds have basically moved a coach and his family around the world only to give him a few months in the job, they have also told players they are not wanted even though they have also moved their families and relocated.

Garbutt found out he wasn't wanted via a tweet, Purcell has been frozen out, Watkins has been suffering with depression over the way Leeds have treated him and now Lolohea has been told he is surplus to requirements and all this before July!!!

Do the RFL not have a duty of care to these employees of Rugby League?

You know this how? 

The rest just screams snowflake. These are professionals - they know what they're getting into.  I've certainly not agreed with some of the decisions Leeds have made but it is absolutely their right to make them. 

The RFL do look out for player welfare, but apart from the Watkins claim, the rest are just straight forward club decisions. Nothing to see here. 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tommygilf,

                   That is just the opinions of the club which they are perfectly entitled to do. The question is have they told them to leave or they will not get paid, have they been told if they do not go their contract money will be reduced? Have the club threatened to go into Administration if they do not concede and move on. I doubt that very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How great it is to see Leeds struggle, nah nah nah!!!! Who cares, its what clubs go through. If players are too soft to see it as a problem then maybe they're in the wrong profession 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leeds have fulfilled the contract of all those employees. They all knew what they were agreeing to and both parties abided by that agreement

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fairfolly said:

Tommygilf,

                   That is just the opinions of the club which they are perfectly entitled to do. The question is have they told them to leave or they will not get paid, have they been told if they do not go their contract money will be reduced? Have the club threatened to go into Administration if they do not concede and move on. I doubt that very much.

I'm pretty sure that clubs can't just not pay legally binding contracts, there are lawyers about for those who feel they have been short changed. The club has told players they were no longer required (we have one at the Bulls) and wouldn't be offered a new contract, but that goes on all the time, and is just normal business surely?

I've long considered Leeds to be one of the best run clubs in rugby, if you say nothing else they have all their financial chairs at home.


No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, binosh said:

Leeds have basically moved a coach and his family around the world only to give him a few months in the job, they have also told players they are not wanted even though they have also moved their families and relocated.

Garbutt found out he wasn't wanted via a tweet, Purcell has been frozen out, Watkins has been suffering with depression over the way Leeds have treated him and now Lolohea has been told he is surplus to requirements and all this before July!!!

Do the RFL not have a duty of care to these employees of Rugby League?

That’s professional sport unfortunately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

Is this at all related to the financial meltdown of the Leeds /Yorks Carnegie Union team

No

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scotchy1 said:

Leeds have fulfilled the contract of all those employees. They all knew what they were agreeing to and both parties abided by that agreement

To be given a 3 year contract at the biggest club in SL means you are willing to take the disruption caused to the family, kids schools, grandparents, family, friends etc etc because you have time to settle into the new life. To be told all that means nothing after a few months and you will be moved on despite financially being able to pay is disgusting at best

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sweaty craiq said:

To be given a 3 year contract at the biggest club in SL means you are willing to take the disruption caused to the family, kids schools, grandparents, family, friends etc etc because you have time to settle into the new life. To be told all that means nothing after a few months and you will be moved on despite financially being able to pay is disgusting at best

He signed a contract. That contract was fulfilled. 

Maybe if I was worth £30m I would know it would be morally far better to throw a public hissy fit and threaten to put a club in to administration if players dont accept less than their contracted sums. But here I am as a penniless RL fan immorally fulfilling contracts. 

Edited by scotchy1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

To be given a 3 year contract at the biggest club in SL means you are willing to take the disruption caused to the family, kids schools, grandparents, family, friends etc etc because you have time to settle into the new life. To be told all that means nothing after a few months and you will be moved on despite financially being able to pay is disgusting at best

You don’t run a business do you, Sweaty? At least I hope you don’t. You make it sound like these players are doing the club a favour! They’re really not and if you ever get chance to spend time with the pro players they very much know it’s all part and parcel of the career they chose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scotchy,

          Surely you have come across these " 10 bob millionaires enough to ignore them " You will not get any sense from him anyway.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mmm a number of players at Leeds are obviously not getting first team selection. Yet Leeds are still abiding by their contract.  If another club comes in and offers them a contract, I would suggest the player would be off.

mmm do you say nowt and then at end of contract say good bye... or do you say to them they are not first choice, not being selected and we will let you go if you find another club, in the meantime we continue paying. Especially as its the time of year when clubs are bringing in new signing looking ahead to next season.  Would be bad practice if they didn't tell said players.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fairfolly said:

Tommygilf,

                   That is just the opinions of the club which they are perfectly entitled to do. The question is have they told them to leave or they will not get paid, have they been told if they do not go their contract money will be reduced? Have the club threatened to go into Administration if they do not concede and move on. I doubt that very much.

Of course the club are entitled to treat contracted players however they like. 

The ability to do it doesn't mean they have to come across as prats about it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tommy, 

             I think you are mis reading my post. I do not think clubs are entitled to treat contracted players as they like.Quite the opposite really, yes they are entitled to say we do not need you now but we will honour your contract until you find yourself another club and still treat you with respect. But,as you no doubt know respect should work both ways.How many players have deliberately reneged on their contract because another club has offered them more money.The Beaumont affair is nothing like the comings and goings at Leeds at this time. And I am not a Leeds supporter by the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I'd add we've treated some players terribly.

Just off the top of my head to add to this list.

Keinhorst - let go for no apparent reason never given credit by the higher ups. People's champion!

Golding - what has he done to upset someone at the club, gone from England academy captain and FB to being binned off at Fev.

Sutcliffe - I don't rate him that much but he's been passed from pillar to post and had his talent squandered by making him a utility. Taken advantage of by the club.

Flipside is some players seem to be able to do no wrong! It was obvious McDermott had his favourites but its a real shame this seems to have continued into the new era (although it was less so under Furner I felt). Must be so frustrating for the players it is for us fans.

Keinhorst and Goulding, we let one leave and choose not to select another, in no way is that treating a player terribly, it happens at every club, theyr both bang average and we'v got better players in there positions. Suttcliffe plays more games than his talent deserves.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve not into got into the disgusting treatment of the fans with the redevelopment of Headingley.

Installing seats that face the pitch meaning they have to watch this year’s rabble.

Disgusting!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gerrumonside ref said:

We’ve not into got into the disgusting treatment of the fans with the redevelopment of Headingley.

Installing seats that face the pitch meaning they have to watch this year’s rabble.

Disgusting!

Only the typical penniless RL fans,

The multimillionaire factory owners can go in the corporates and look at the cricket pitch

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...