Leeds Disgusting treatment of players & coaches.

33 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Would that be the same Hetherington who is chief exec of Yorkshire Carnegie ? who recently proposed going into a compulsory CVA ? A CVA designed in part to get out of honouring player contracts? A very skilful man...

YC are going bust because the man who said he'd fund those contracts decided he couldn't honour what he'd agreed. And this time there's no-one interested in spending £1m+ a year to keep them going.

That club has only survived in the first place because of Hetherington's administrative genius. He's never really been that interested in it because it's just always been a money pit but I'd say two out of his top five most audacious deals involve finding ways to keep them going. Especially the time he managed to sell the club on Caddick's behalf to Leeds Met then a year later made Leeds Met pay £10m for them to take it back again. That literally kept the club alive for a decade or so.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Godzilla said:

Would that be the same Hetherington who is chief exec of Yorkshire Carnegie ? who recently proposed going into a compulsory CVA ? A CVA designed in part to get out of honouring player contracts? A very skilful man...

I mean in fairness anyone trying to make Pro RU in Leeds work especially when a multi million £ investor pulls out mid season. 

He's actually done quite well up to press to keep it all afloat.

41 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

He needs to be in Australia before the new signing deadline. I’ve got to say I think the Super League and Championship transfer deadline should match the NRL and be this week too.

I expect Watkins will be on the pitch at Headingley on Boxing Day to say goodbye to the fans.

Is that true? Why does he need to be Oz?

2 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I don't think he quite has the pace for SL level, much the same as Fev"s last FB, Ian Hardman.

I can only really comment on what I saw of him at Leeds and whilst I never thought "is that Usain Bolt in disguise" he never struck me as slow. Perhaps on Championship surfaces that aren't as good as those in SL its a problem (not intended as a dig in any way btw just suggesting it may be a factor).

In my opinion also his positioning in defence is far superior to Walkers which perhaps is his get out of jail card in terms of not being the fastest.

25 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I can only really comment on what I saw of him at Leeds and whilst I never thought "is that Usain Bolt in disguise" he never struck me as slow. Perhaps on Championship surfaces that aren't as good as those in SL its a problem (not intended as a dig in any way btw just suggesting it may be a factor).

In my opinion also his positioning in defence is far superior to Walkers which perhaps is his get out of jail card in terms of not being the fastest.

Defensively he's absolutely sound, but there's been a few occasions where he's had a gap but failed to go through it, including on Sheffield's pretty quick pitch. 

4 hours ago, Dave T said:

He was due to play on Sunday and get a farewell at Headingley. Because of incompetence he has been robbed of that. The fact he has just jumped on a plane rather than hang around and say goodbye at the match suggests he has just walked away and onto new things.

yep, I said earlier I stood corrected....

you say it suggests, but he had no choice given the rules.

I agree incompetence by someone for not realising or not communicating precisely the situation..

1 hour ago, redjonn said:

yep, I said earlier I stood corrected....

you say it suggests, but he had no choice given the rules.

I agree incompetence by someone for not realising or not communicating precisely the situation..

I'm not sure about these rules. Contracts etc can be done remotely.

On 26/06/2019 at 18:08, sweaty craiq said:

To be given a 3 year contract at the biggest club in SL means you are willing to take the disruption caused to the family, kids schools, grandparents, family, friends etc etc because you have time to settle into the new life. To be told all that means nothing after a few months and you will be moved on despite financially being able to pay is disgusting at best

If you ain't no good at your job its your employers right to get shut of you - even after just 3 months and its irrelevant how far you have travelled to take the huge payday !!

On 26/06/2019 at 18:08, sweaty craiq said:

To be given a 3 year contract at the biggest club in SL means you are willing to take the disruption caused to the family, kids schools, grandparents, family, friends etc etc because you have time to settle into the new life. To be told all that means nothing after a few months and you will be moved on despite financially being able to pay is disgusting at best

You also have your side of the bargain to keep. Its obvious to all who plays their guts out for the club and who is here on holiday. 

Archived