DR Congo get government recognition

Good to see the continent of Africa moving but....

....the region is fraught with issues. FIFA has put huge weight behind developing it and after initial promise Africa still has underperformed in many ways. Too often federations are arguing with players over payments and apart from some talented individuals, nations struggle to really deliver on the field as expected.

You can’t question the talent potential nor enthusiasm but a smooth road to success may be beyond a sport with virtually no money to help anyone. Hopefully RL finds a way.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

6 hours ago, RayCee said:

Good to see the continent of Africa moving but....

....the region is fraught with issues. FIFA has put huge weight behind developing it and after initial promise Africa still has underperformed in many ways. Too often federations are arguing with players over payments and apart from some talented individuals, nations struggle to really deliver on the field as expected.

You can’t question the talent potential nor enthusiasm but a smooth road to success may be beyond a sport with virtually no money to help anyone. Hopefully RL finds a way.

I don't think anyone's expecting professional RL in Africa anytime soon Ray........but it's great to see TGG spreading and it should help with the Commonwealth recognition with Sport Accord

12 hours ago, DoubleD said:

I don't think anyone's expecting professional RL in Africa anytime soon Ray........but it's great to see TGG spreading and it should help with the Commonwealth recognition with Sport Accord

I agree with what you say although I wasn't talking about pro RL in Africa. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Archived