West Wales

clifford

No probs mate, will get one for you if you haven't sorted anything yet. Hope all is ok pal

4 minutes ago, clifford said:

On Sunday I have been given an emergency appointment at the Royal Oldham. Any kind soul can get me a programme 

That's good, thanks roughyed64, got the news I was expecting, but I don't have any options till 16th.

Note to younger self, don't punch people when playing rugby because if you do and break your thumb fingers and bruise knuckles it hurts in later life

14 minutes ago, clifford said:

That's good, thanks roughyed64, got the news I was expecting, but I don't have any options till 16th.

Note to younger self, don't punch people when playing rugby because if you do and break your thumb fingers and bruise knuckles it hurts in later life

Be a spectator mate, you don't break your thumb, fingers and bruise your knuckles. ?

Sadly, with more enthusiastic attacking and better control of the ball we should have scored 100+ today.

There were long periods of time when the game was so boring it was like watching the women's world cup. Before anyone jumps in I know you can only play against what is in front of you but we missed a great opportunity to have really increased our for/against balance. I feel for sides like West Wales, turning up week after week and being slaughtered but that's the nature of professional sport, there can't be any sympathy for any side. Wouldn't it be sad if points difference is the difference at the end of the season and we don't go up!

Thought WW deserved a lot of credit today, much improved from the last few times we have met. Great set of players who deserved the appreciation from the home speccies at full time.

Oldham were pretty average overall, a win is a win. The acid test is next week at Haven. Win every game and we win the league it's simple as that, big ask but possible if we keep our heads and play sensible rugby.

Strange game today, everyone expecting big points (yes we probably should have bagged a few more), decent crowd too, I'm glad WW gave us a better game than a lot of people expected, must be hard to get walloped every week yet still turn up, that alone deserves huge credit.

Job done and onwards to a crucial game against the league leaders next week.

Up the Yeds!

Given the lack of forwards to lay the groundwork at times we did ok.

Did we only have 3 subs today. I know the BBC said we has Davies, Bent and Kruise Leeming playing but they don't really seem to bother if it is not Super League.

Hope we have some bigger men available for next week.

47 minutes ago, Stevos Barber said:

Hey neighbour...well done! Does this mean there might be two cars trekking up the M6 on Sunday mornings?

Unfortunately not, as I work most weekends!  I have to follow via twitter which can be a frustrating experience.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

2 hours ago, clifford said:

Especially if Dave's multi tasking 

Haha, no I think Dave's tweets are great, its the periods with no scores and there is silence... are we getting close?  Are they on our line?  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 01/07/2019 at 08:25, tandle said:

don't entertain the bad broadcasting co. just type in RUGBY LEAGUE FLASHSCORES all matches being played have minute to minute updates i.e. scores.

+1 for flash scores.

There is an app, which you can set to alert you at every score update.

Android link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.livesport.FlashScores_co_uk&hl=en_GB

Stats-

Holmes-2 tackles. one tackle bust. 2 try assists. 15 carries=134m

Aaronson-2 tackles. one miss. 7 tackle busts. one clean break. 11 carries=125m

McComb-22 tackles. one miss. 2 offloads. 7 tackle busts. one clean break. 14 carries=141m

Leeming-17 tackles.3 misses. one offload. 3 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 12 carries=145m

Maders-4 tackles. one tackle bust. 8 carries=54m

Brook-9 tackles.2 misses. 4 offloads. one tackle bust. one try assist. 7 carries=24m

Hewitt-6 tackles. one miss. one try assist. one carry=5m

Joy-25 tackles.2 misses. one tackle bust. 12 carries=108m

Wilkinson-11 tackles. one miss. 4 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 3 try assists. 9 carries=76m

Law-25 tackles. one miss. one offload. 15 carries=129m

Bridge-22 tackles.2 misses. 3 offloads. 4 tackle busts. 20 carries=161m

Langtree-16 tackles. 3 misses. 2 offloads. 6 tackle busts. 3 clean breaks. one try assist. 11 carries=94m

Gregson-33 tackles. 4 misses. 5 tackle busts. 17 carries=125m

subs

Owen-12 tackles. one miss. 2 tackle busts. one clean break. 8 carries=42m

Whittel-33 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle bust. 13 carries=90m

Greenwood-20 tackles. 5 misses. 2 tackle busts. 5 carries=58m

On 02/07/2019 at 00:19, Bedford Roughyed said:

Haha, no I think Dave's tweets are great, its the periods with no scores and there is silence... are we getting close?  Are they on our line?  

I tried using voice commands recently.  Worked great at home but at a game with all the ambient noise what appeared on screen was a bit different to the words I'd used.

Last Sunday I was going to put a tweet out saying half/full time scores only since I was manning the video.  At the last  minute I decided to have a go at putting out the tries.

It was a bit traumatic.  Try is scored.  Focus on players, slowly pan out to reveal posts and Chewy lining up the kick.  Lock the camera in place, pull phone out of pocket.

Look at the time, type "36' tdl" which expands to Try OLDHAM, Danny Langtree sponsored by bla bla bla.

Look up to see kick sailing through/past the posts.  Phone back in pocket, no time to tweet about the conversion, unlock camera, pan across to the kick-off.  Away we go again.

Next break, type "cs" which expands to current score and then manually type in the score.

It was all a bit Heath Robinson but I got there of sorts.

Archived