mr chairman

EQUALIZER

Have edited the post It was a bit of frustration and I don't know what we expected but to get a result mid week at Widnes against a team of full timers. That had switched a fixture to give them an extra two days off was a bit far fetched .In fairness had it not been for Mark Dewsbury would now at best be way down championship 1. So we dust our selves down and off to York we go.

Diskin is the answer

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I'm guessing MS has put hundreds of thousands pounds and countless hours into the club. If someone came along wanting to put money into the club then I am sure MS would be delighted. It would take a fair amount of money to get us near the top 5. And then more to keep us there. 

If there is one comment I would make it's that MS is too loyal to his coaches. Given where we are and how the team are underperforming then most chairmen would have sacked LG by now. The team individually are better than they are collectively and the responsibility for that has to lie with the coach. I've no doubt LG is busting a gut trying to turn things round but maybe it's time MS dusted off the CVs of some of the 41 other applicants. It feels like we are just limping towards relegation, with a league re-structure our main hope of staying up.....that or hitting a rich vein of form as both Swinton and Barrow have, which isn't looking likely.

1 hour ago, 9' oller said:

Diskin is the answer

can you imagine how you would feel if Diskin went to Dewsbury and turned them into a better team than us?....

If he goes anywhere I just hope its not to our beloved neighbours...

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

We've the crux of a mid table team and should win slightly more than we loose with 2 upsets per season against big dogs. Matt however is either too fresh to coaching first grade or arrogant or both.

No consistency poor man management/ motivation

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Barry Eaton, nobby or lingard come winter will do nicely

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Wasn't Diskin the coach you were all demanding to be sacked earlier this season?

id say 50% still are wanting that....maybe more

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

What we need is a very, very experienced coach. How about Tony Fisher, he could bring up his

"south Africans is the only way to go now plan" what was some of the names "VAN........?

Perhaps not- But he did a good job with Doni. against Batley in a memorable vip match!  Ha!

50 minutes ago, ernieone said:

I for one hope that Disco is still at the Mount next season

( wrong forum Ernie1....see Batley Bulldogs Forum....topic Diskin Out )

9 hours ago, RPH said:

( wrong forum Ernie1....see Batley Bulldogs Forum....topic Diskin Out )

Read the posts and I was responding to the topics discussed, yes it is on the Batley forum but that is getting extremely boring.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

11 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Is this a Batley thread?

Might as well be, you've no fans and nowt to talk about....

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

• 28 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

28 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Win our game in hand one point behind and you lovely lads are in as deep as us.Only difference in our coaches is ours is in his first season and yours is in his third.At least our coach has an excuse.By the way past records prove we still get higher gates even when were a league below.

3 hours ago, EQUALIZER said:
  • By the way past records prove we still get higher gates even when were a league below.

you only sing when your winning comes to mind....

how many times are you going to come out with your dad is bigger than my dad....

( populations of 62,945 v 38,573 )

We know we're in the sticky brown stuff

Batley fan's could be in for a shock

As they have barrow, Swinton, Rochdale all to play away,that will take some doing with the dogs up and down performance's.

A win at Batley for us will set the alarm bells ringing at mount unpleasant.

This season still has twists and turns .

10 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

At least we don't need to shout to each other.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

22 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

I don’t think we need you lot to spill over on to our forum when yours is available to you. If yours is quiet, then you stimulate it yourselves and leave us to contemplate while our is quiet. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

22 hours ago, EQUALIZER said:
  •  

Win our game in hand one point behind and you lovely lads are in as deep as us.Only difference in our coaches is ours is in his first season and yours is in his third.At least our coach has an excuse.By the way past records prove we still get higher gates even when were a league below.

It is his fourth season as a coach, unless the three seasons at Gloucestershire don't count. But Batley have a more experienced, settled squad, so should be doing better if they had a good coach.

38 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

I don’t think we need you lot to spill over on to our forum when yours is available to you. If yours is quiet, then you stimulate it yourselves and leave us to contemplate while our is quiet. 

we are integrating.....for when the merged club....the Shoddy Spinners is formed...

11 hours ago, RPH said:

we are integrating.....for when the merged club....the Shoddy Spinners is formed...

You might not be too wide of the mark there I suspect, and not just in our neck of the woods either. Maybe the Championship will decide to emulate the NRL?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived