Toulouse at home

750VFR

Let's have some positivity, the season starts again on Sunday and with recent performances it's not pie in the sky to believe the Raiders can win. 

I've seen predictions of Barrow wins in earlier months and been entirely sceptical, but I'll be at CP on Sunday convinced that a win is not only possible, but highly probable. 

David

David Taylor

@750VFR

I can't believe this game is now a winnable game, shows how cresta far cresta and the lads have come this last week! Assuming we've still got the long term absentees plus stack still away I'd go with:

1.Cresswell

2. Carter 

3. Cross

4. Star

5. Ritson

6. Dalli

7. White 

8. Johnson

9. Puara

10. Susino

11. Walne

12. Paisley 

13. Aspi

14. Walker 

15. Smith

16. Toal 

17. Riley 

On a side note fantastic to see the support from our fans on Facebook for our young autistic fan from St Helens who wanted to come to the game on Sunday. Chris Fleming is bringing him through & taking him back home and he's had offers of food and drink and even been invited up to a sponsors box we do have some brilliant fans

47 minutes ago, UpTheRaiders said:

On a side note fantastic to see the support from our fans on Facebook for our young autistic fan from St Helens who wanted to come to the game on Sunday. Chris Fleming is bringing him through & taking him back home and he's had offers of food and drink and even been invited up to a sponsors box we do have some brilliant fans

agree, great to see. Well done to Flem and everyone else who has got involved with this

3 hours ago, UpTheRaiders said:

I can't believe this game is now a winnable game, shows how cresta far cresta and the lads have come this last week! Assuming we've still got the long term absentees plus stack still away I'd go with:

1.Cresswell

2. Carter 

3. Cross

4. Star

5. Ritson

6. Dalli

7. White 

8. Johnson

9. Puara

10. Susino

11. Walne

12. Paisley 

13. Aspi

14. Walker 

15. Smith

16. Toal 

17. Riley 

I'd go the same except I'd maybe put Puara on the bench for a bit of impact coming off the bench. 

Sunday is definitely winnable after the last few performances. 

I think the crowd could play a massive part on Sunday, the lads have had a tough week so fatigue could play a part, if the crowd is buzzing though players energy levels raise again

20 hours ago, UpTheRaiders said:

1.Cresswell

2. Carter 

3. Cross

4. Star

5. Ritson

6. Dalli

7. White 

8. Johnson

9. Puara

10. Susino

11. Walne

12. Paisley 

13. Aspi

14. Walker 

15. Smith

16. Toal 

17. Riley 

I'd play;

Cresswell

Ritson

Amean

Paisley

Cross

Dallimore 

White

Johnson

Puara

Susino

Morrow

Smith

Walne

Subs:

Toal

Walker

Riley

Johnston (to be used as a quick spell 9)

I'm presuming aspinwall, jake carter mossop, duffy, Shane toal, Hulme, crellin, minoga still carrying knocks, charnock banned and stack away. 

Good strength in depth now being able to leave the above out and still have Loxam, spedding, Brett Carter, Ford as fit able bodies to come back in. 

We have a good squad on the face of it, let's turn the French lads over, start climbing the table and build for next year. 

Up the Raiders.

2 hours ago, Barroooww said:

Huge game today. Weather should be decent which will suit the French but on our current form who knows. Let’s get down and support the boys in numbers today! 

UTR

Eh up. From my reading this is just a fans forum, not a supporters forum, watch a game, are you having a ?., they'll all be sat at home complaining of poor radio commentary ? 

Course I'll be there: starting to rain in Kendal but I'm sure it'll brighten up on the drive over. 

We're gonna win today. 

David Taylor

@750VFR

Got beat 36 - 6. 

We didn't play badly to be honest. Combination of them being a very good side, not getting any 50/50s and a few individual errors cost us. 

Not a fan of slagging refs off but the way he reffed it was bizarre. Literally doesn't blow for anything for 60 minutes and gives them most decisions and then spends the last 20 minutes evening the penalty count up with penalties which weren't even penalties. 

York fortunately scored last minute against Dewsbury which has helped us. Massive game next week. 

To be honest we were pretty poor. Lucky to get our try which is probably the best we’ve scored down CP since James Nixon’s effort against Wigan. Just looked frightened to attack in their ten and tried to rely too much on barging over. Toulouse are an excellent side though and showed their class at times. Every time Ford got the ball it was like slow motion. Hope Paisley is okay too. Huge game next week which could make or break our season.

9 minutes ago, RAIDERSRUS said:

Simply beaten by a much better team. Toulouse were bigger, faster and stronger across the park with some real classy players. James Ford is a magician with ball in hand, a pleasure to watch. 

They guy could probably quote easily play top end super league. Spoke to him when we played Toulouse at their ground last year and he said that he’s had offers but loves the lifestyle out there!

Archived