2020 Squad - Discussion Thread (Merged)

RogerT

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toffeedog, it would be hard to find any coach who would use his best players less than they have been. I personally wouldn't have a problem with most of last year's re-signing because I'm sure as hell that they have to do better than last year! Ward and now Galbraith are cases in point.  Congrats LG!!

• John Drake changed the title to 2020 Squad - Discussion Thread (Merged)
  • John Drake unpinned this topic
7 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Marvellous what a change of coach can do,building a nice squad.

its the same squad as last year, we just need them to focus more...

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Are we waiting for the club to tell us who's moving on, or is it a case of scouring rivals Forum's to see who they announce? Also Rog, you usually put at the bottom of the list retirees etc, assume you will do same and add any Bulldogs Incoming when you're told.

As far as I'm concerned Graham we can sign as many of last year's squad as want to, 99% of them were good enough players, they just need a coach who's on their side and able to instill old Batley values instead of ripping them apart in the media after every game. If Karl Harrison's involved this WILL happen!!

9 hours ago, phildog said:

Are we waiting for the club to tell us who's moving on, or is it a case of scouring rivals Forum's to see who they announce? Also Rog, you usually put at the bottom of the list retirees etc, assume you will do same and add any Bulldogs Incoming when you're told.

As far as I'm concerned Graham we can sign as many of last year's squad as want to, 99% of them were good enough players, they just need a coach who's on their side and able to instill old Batley values instead of ripping them apart in the media after every game. If Karl Harrison's involved this WILL happen!!

Strictly speaking RL contracts last until the end of October so most clubs only announce those players who have agreed contracts with new clubs or who actually want to declare their retirement etc.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Hmmmm wide berth I think probably spend quality time with physio dept and conditioner. Dewsbury links anyway.

There will be some useful lumps brought in I'm sure of it

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived