2020 Squad - Discussion Thread (Merged)

RogerT

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, just get our appetite whetted during the week, just hate weekends when there's something more important!! Back to it tomorrow? Do a couple a day, suspense and all that!!

2 hours ago, phildog said:

Well, just get our appetite whetted during the week, just hate weekends when there's something more important!! Back to it tomorrow? Do a couple a day, suspense and all that!!

I'm sure in your case, the drip feeding of new signings adds to the excitement and anticipation .As a Ram, I've generally found it just adds to the feeling of being underwhelmed - best to just get it over with IMO.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

9 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Davey Dixon linked according to league weekly this weekend winger ex keighley Scotland international 

For some reason Lingard was always a fan of him so wouldn't be surprised but not even close to championship quality in my opinion.

On 21/09/2019 at 16:06, Tony F said:

Oh I hope so! A player who made a huge impression at Dewsbury this year, and has extensive experience at the highest level with Keighley and Coventry! 

The sky is the limit next season! 

No idea why it didn't work out for him at Dewsbury but surely he must have been doing something right to earn a move there in the first place? Other than being a bit on the small side Harvey is a solid prop, bit of a fans favourite at Keighley. Also still pretty young so time for him to improve.

12 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

I'm sure in your case, the drip feeding of new signings adds to the excitement and anticipation .As a Ram, I've generally found it just adds to the feeling of being underwhelmed - best to just get it over with IMO.

Come on Grumpy, it isn't just RL that is making you feel underwhelmed.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Come on Grumpy, it isn't just RL that is making you feel underwhelmed.

Oh so true.   

“Suspense is worse than disappointment.” – Robert Burns

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Linners keeps saying that 14 have re-signed; 3 retired (TomH, Brev n Gledders, 2 confirmed leaving (Dom n Louis) makes 19, so quite a few more to discover what's happening. Butterworth, Wood, Broadbent would all be welcomed back if possible.

Not quite the same since his shoulder injury, but still a decent player at this level and will do a solid job. We need speed but we also need experience to bring on  the younger guys. I think the team we had last season underperformed, let's see what Linners can get out of em next t season.

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Certainly been round the block a few times retts but senior squad member.

Devastating kick returns and makes Alex brown look like a lollipop man in defence.

Is he still a winger pace wise though and could he benefit from moving into the centre spot?

Would I have him another year yes if 100% fit hungry and paid up to date combined personal insurance !!

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

5 minutes ago, DOGFATHER said:

Having just read this article, it gives an indication of the uphill struggle we have to recruit quality players on our budget.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/toronto-star-is-worlds-highest-paid-centre-22625/

I for one am outraged the BOD didn't try and sign him first!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

well Rettie has only played 18 games this season and scored 10 tries....that is 40 of our total points....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Is there any detail on him anywhere? Age, experience etc?

Archived