2020 Squad - Discussion Thread (Merged)

RogerT

In what position though. Seem to be going for backs and middles.

Where's leakys support

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, bromleybulldog said:

Well, unless Brev is deciding to go around again ( and I would be very happy for that to happen) , it must be Walker??

I hope it's Walker, think he shows some real promise. It could be Bravo, possibly the best player never to play for us...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

17 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

I hope it's Walker, think he shows some real promise. It could be Bravo, possibly the best player never to play for us...

Danny BRAVO wasn't signed last season , so wasn't in 2019 squad , although he did train and recuperate from his knee op , I bet his 1st competitive game will be Jamaica v England knights

IMG_0583.JPG

Having had a look at last years signings we have only Walker and Senior to go.

Last years loanee's  and dual reg are Wood, Bienek, Wood, Broadbent and Butterworth, will have to wait and see.

My guess is Walker.

51 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Well having re-signed practically all of last seasons squad,what if they struggle again?

It could be  Diskin wasn’t a bad coach after all.

think we all knew the players were not as bad as the results said.

you yourself have alluded to the fact that some of the players didnt like Diskin and the fact that non of the so called 'dewsbury bound' lads have left shows this....

this may be down to money or loyalty (although i suspect the former) but lets see how they perform under a coach who they like.

by the way which players were going to jump ship to 'Jowsbrey' if Diskin had stayed?

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

59 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Well having re-signed practically all of last seasons squad,what if they struggle again?

It could be  Diskin wasn’t a bad coach after all.

half of the squad might have scarpered had we kept him..... 

we have been getting gradually worse every year.....

a struggle with a coach we like might be easier....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

So are you saying the players cheated the paying spectator by not playing to there full potential because they did not like the coach? If that was the case they should of been shipped out to make way for players that wants to play for the club and spectators.

It is easy to put all the blame on the coach but let's face it the players were diabolical in a number of matches they could not complete sets, consistently dropped the ball, gave silly free kicks away on the 4th/5th tackle.

Some matches we could not even score a point and in general the standard of rugby was poor which you cannot just blame the coach.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

7 minutes ago, ernieone said:

So are you saying the players cheated the paying spectator by not playing to there full potential because they did not like the coach? If that was the case they should of been shipped out to make way for players that wants to play for the club and spectators.

It is easy to put all the blame on the coach but let's face it the players were diabolical in a number of matches they could not complete sets, consistently dropped the ball, gave silly free kicks away on the 4th/5th tackle.

Some matches we could not even score a point and in general the standard of rugby was poor which you cannot just blame the coach.

You can if the coach can’t motivate you to play for the club, fans etc 

look at Halifax result at home they must of wanted to win that one... 

34 minutes ago, ernieone said:

oh come on.

how long have you been watching Batley?.....(rhetorically)..its happened on and off with various coaches for years and will happen long after you and i have stopped watching.

it happened under keith rayne,but then david ward came in and with basically the same squad and one or two additions,nearly got us promotion.

but i will always agree that the players DO have a responsibility to perform and last seasons woeful performances shouldnt all be laid at Diskins door.

but we move on.

time to put all that behind us now.

new coach.

some new players.

new season.

and good luck to matt diskin in his new job.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Archived