2020 Squad - Discussion Thread (Merged)

RogerT

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

It just goes to show that it really is an easier game after all.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Does not look like John Duffy rates our chances (Leighs RL Express column) next season. He gives a mention to 8 teams who he thinks will make it a competitive division + I assume he thinks his own team will be competitive.

The three teams not mentioned are Batley, Dewsbury and Oldham.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

44 minutes ago, ernieone said:

Does not look like John Duffy rates our chances (Leighs RL Express column) next season. He gives a mention to 8 teams who he thinks will make it a competitive division + I assume he thinks his own team will be competitive.

Ever the underdogs..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, ernieone said:

It’s up to both clubs to prove him wrong,personally I don’t rate him as a coach and I certainly wouldn’t be giving him my money to spend. Another boom and bust.

15 hours ago, ernieone said:

Well, he's probably spot on. Our recruitment thus far has been poor. Our attack last season was terrible, and we've lost our top try/points scorer. 

Scotty picked at centre, wonder if that's Craig's centre conundrum sorted. Re; friendlies, if we're looking for games then what's happened to the Yorkshire Cup?

On 01/11/2019 at 20:19, phildog said:

Scotty picked at centre, wonder if that's Craig's centre conundrum sorted. Re; friendlies, if we're looking for games then what's happened to the Yorkshire Cup?

Due to the early start to the season and the uncertainties surrounding Bradford the clubs decided not to run the Yorkshire Cup in 2020.  I believe that most clubs are looking at a maximum of three warm-up games, of which Boxing Day will be one for our respective teams.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Don't see why the Bradford situation should gave any bearing on whether they play the YC or not. Last season Keighley were in a hole but nobody suggested not holding it because of that. This season Keighley could have replaced Bradford. Where and when was the decision made anyway, I never saw it mentioned.

Archived