2020 Squad - Discussion Thread (Merged)

RogerT

Plenty more lead left in his pencil if you know you know

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/11/2019 at 20:19, phildog said:

Scotty picked at centre, wonder if that's Craig's centre conundrum sorted. Re; friendlies, if we're looking for games then what's happened to the Yorkshire Cup?

I see that Doncaster and Sheffield will be playing off for the South Yorkshire Cup this season. Bitter? Surely not.  ??

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

got to admit plenty seems to be going on around us, am away in morning on hols and would a loved a nice new shirt but will wait until christmas??, any news on who were DR with or have we binned it at last,season tickets??? our new 9 who we kept a secret(did he move on elsewere)

mushrooms unless we all twitter n face ache.:kolobok_to_become_senile:  up the DOGGIES.

16 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I see that Doncaster and Sheffield will be playing off for the South Yorkshire Cup this season. Bitter? Surely not.  ??

Doncaster and Sheffield have played the South Yorkshire Cup most years since before I started watching RL in the early 90's

21 minutes ago, Jemmo said:

Doncaster and Sheffield have played the South Yorkshire Cup most years since before I started watching RL in the early 90's

That must be why they weren't invited into the Yorkshire Cup last year then, having one of their very own.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

26 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Thank goodness for that, don't want h****r on's.

Rugby press reckons hes got 5% of the clubs shares or whatever. Somehow cant see that happening up at t'mount can you.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Silverback, happy hols you'll be back for squad numbers night, that's a secret though just now on top of other stuff, you'll be able to order your shirt then. I'm not sure how many more ways we can recycle the shirt now though. Tell you what, I liked that RUWC Japan shirt, we could nick that design, white shirt with alternate Cerise and Gold bands dropping down at the ends.

55 minutes ago, Tony F said:

Really pleasing to read in The Press that Danny Bravo has been retained. I was worried that he might be snared by one of our rivals. 

Not signed on yet though,according to The Press he’s on trial along with a few more players. It also says the player you was hoping to sign this week is off.

4 hours ago, Tony F said:

Really pleasing to read in The Press that Danny Bravo has been retained. I was worried that he might be snared by one of our rivals. 

He makes a good model of the off field gear... he could be fit and wouldn’t get in the batley boys side in the last 3 seasons 

5 hours ago, Tony F said:

Who else was chasing him?

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Who else was chasing him?

sarcasm bsj.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

We're in enormous trouble next season if we don't add some genuine attacking quality to our squad. Our 'points for' column was dire last season, and we've lost our top scorer; who was actually pretty mediocre. Where are the tries going to come from in 2020? 

Worrying stuff. 

Archived