2020 Squad - Discussion Thread (Merged)

RogerT

5 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Dom is off the pace at this level now, but actually we don't have anyone to replace him; certainly not Yates, who isn't an organiser and hasn't got a great kicking game by any stretch of the imagination. 

I can only assume that we have deal for a proven, experienced, Championship-quality scrum-half lined up. 

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/11/2019 at 14:17, RogerT said:

Shaun Lunt added to the matrix.

I know your trying to sound posh Roger....

but there's only you that knows what a Matrix is....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

1 hour ago, RPH said:

I know your trying to sound posh Roger....

but there's only you that knows what a Matrix is....

They used to produce thousands of them on Grange Road.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

TonyF, U thinj you're being bit unfair on Danny Yates in your piece; he didn't get a great run in the side, started off subbing then got a few games starting and was a regular try scorer before his injury. He's had a year in the club setting and hopefully will get back to the way he ran the show for Hornets. New season, new broom, new attitude.

26 minutes ago, phildog said:

TonyF, U thinj you're being bit unfair on Danny Yates in your piece; he didn't get a great run in the side, started off subbing then got a few games starting and was a regular try scorer before his injury. He's had a year in the club setting and hopefully will get back to the way he ran the show for Hornets. New season, new broom, new attitude.

26 minutes ago, phildog said:

I've just had a nice bottle of red.Sorry but that was too much for me.

Actually that was two bottles,  sorry.

These posh Yorkshiremen,who would believe it.

On 23/11/2019 at 22:42, phildog said:

Yates is a game lad and has some ability, that's not in question. However, a first choice player he isn't. If we start the season with him at 7, I'll be extremely surprised and a little disappointed. We know very little about Ben White; a player who couldn't make the Halifax first team last year and ended up at relegated Barrow. We need experience and creative ability at half-back. 

TonyF, at present we don't have any other options at half-back do we, it'll be White at 6 Yates at 7 unless something wings in between now and January. Yates I suspect didn't expect to be first choice last season seeing as we had Brambani, but I don't think he let us down and actually topped the try scoring chart for a while. There will have to come a time when he steps up and blooms, coaching set up clearly has no objections to him or he wouldn't have been re-signed.

10 minutes ago, BatleyBird said:

Any mention of captain/vice captain?

No, nothing mentioned last night.  Will be interesting to see who has the honour.  Personally I would like to see Brownie do it, and spend more time on the pitch this season.

1 hour ago, fredm said:

No, nothing mentioned last night.  Will be interesting to see who has the honour.  Personally I would like to see Brownie do it, and spend more time on the pitch this season.

Thank you. Yes, I'd definitely like to see more of him on the pitch, he has the potential to be a game changer.

Archived