On to Dewsbury.

spanishknight

38 minutes ago, DEANO said:

This is the last game we should expect to win. Won’t be easy. All the rest will be tough

I agree, our run to the end of the season looked a tough one when the fixture list came out n it looks no easier now. The good news is that at the moment we seem to have a full squad to pick from. Sundays aim has to be a win with no injuries.

Onwards ever onwards thee mighty kneets!

1 hour ago, DEANO said:

This is the last game we should expect to win. Won’t be easy. All the rest will be tough

We shouldn't expect to win any game, but neither do we need to fear anybody. Dewsbury have shipped 160 points in their last 3 games so I'm hopeful we can win comfortably on Sunday. I'll be happy enough for Bradford, Sheffield and Fax to lose on Sunday, start to put some breathing space between us and the teams just below us.

Looking forward to what I assume will be the last time I will ever see RL at Bootham Crescent and the way we are playing at the mo it may be the last time we play you in the league for a while....unless as you say the re-org comes to our rescue!?

On 28/06/2019 at 19:12, Reverend Ram said:

Looking forward to what I assume will be the last time I will ever see RL at Bootham Crescent and the way we are playing at the mo it may be the last time we play you in the league for a while....unless as you say the re-org comes to our rescue!?

Don’t count on it the way our council is performing 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

6 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Think it will be a lot closer than you think, Knights by 14.

Can't see iron recent results

The fire has gone from the belly 

I don't agree with players been able to talk to other team's from June ,it's halfway through the season and some will be going out the door and not going be 2 owl's hoots about keeping the club up.hows your new ground coming along?? It will never pass the great memories of wiggington rd

6 minutes ago, coolie said:

I don't agree with players been able to talk to other team's from June ,it's halfway through the season and some will be going out the door and not going be 2 owl's hoots about keeping the club up.hows your new ground coming along?? It will never pass the great memories of wiggington rd

Thanks for asking , the new ground will be superb , we all need to move forward at some point , the atmosphere will be created by the superb supporters of a team destined for greater things.

Up the fantastic kneets???

Just now, georgeb1 said:

Thanks for asking , the new ground will be superb , we all need to move forward at some point , the atmosphere will be created by the superb supporters of a team destined for greater things.

Up the fantastic kneets???

Good for you it's taken time to get the new stadium and exciting times ahead

Keep the faith mate

38 minutes ago, coolie said:

New ground is a bit of a sore point, we were supposed to be in it for the Bulls game next month, latest it will be next year, but we will wait and see, Wiggy road was a great little ground you could almost touch the wingers running down the touchline, like you I think players talking to other clubs halfway through a season is wrong.

Hey Coolie, you have got to be pleased with your own stadium, which has really improved in recent years. Visited twice early this season. Now has terracing at one end and assume the pitches built on part of the car park are where the Rams train. Great RL ground.

Rams ground seems to me like a modern Wiggy Road. A proper rugby ground. Always enjoy going there. Regarding tomorrow, obviously hoping for a convincing Knights win to continue striving for a high position in the league. Top 8 definitely on, if things go well, top 5. After tomorrow, good luck to the Rams for the rest of the season.

Bizarre match and difficult one it feels like a loss but not sure what the worst part was. Performance and decision making at times were very poor. The referee didn't help and probs best to leave it there. Rams fans the ones that we talked to/saw were fine however players from Dewsbury seemed to have a bizarre attitude problem, not quite sure why. Aggression is fine in rugby league if it is controlled. Their physio for shouting at the referee on the pitch was a disgrace and bang out of order. Difficult to annalise that game. Probs be looked at by Fordy in quarters as so much going on! 

Could almost write a book on todays match cos so much happened but a few thoughts :

Negatives.   We didn't play all that well today.   First half hour suffered from too many brain farts. Connors injury. 

Positives.  Showed great resilience during much adversity. Players worked overtime when short on numbers. Suffered many high shots that ref let go then ironically had player sent off for high shot.!

Great ovation for Benny before game.

Have to say that Dewsbury should have won considering their numerical advantage.

How one or two Dewsbury players stayed on the field after that performance is beyond me. The punch thrown by their number 19 was a disgrace, how the officials didn't see it is a mystery. I hope the disciplinary panel will review some of the Dewsbury attempts at tackling today, because if they do, a couple of them could be looking at a few weeks off. They will also see how incompetent the officials were. Do they not get assessed now?

We did well to win today, two points closer to a unbelievable play off place. I hope the injuries aren't too serious., though Connor didn't look too good.

Jeez that was ....er....er...um...actually come think of it what the heck was that all about.

I agree dewsburys attitude was abysmal and I don't think ive ever seen a physio goin doolally at a ref like that b4. It has to be said that in among the cheap shots Dewsbury did play some of the best rugby we have seen against us this year, looking at the 2 matches they have played against us this year its hard to understand how they r where they r...unless u take into account their attitude. Today the most "one eyed" reffing ( to use Fordy's words) let them get away with it, decent refs clearly don't.

well done the knights, very proud of em as ever, they stuck at it when the chips were down, played themselves to a standstiill and won despite it all.

Here's hopin Connor is ok, and a big plus for me was the way Liam Harris stepped up today, he did some daft things but he did far more excellent things, I thought Dixon and stock also deserved credit for their efforts today as well, they continue to make steady improvement.

Well done Kneets!

Archived