Edwards to Giants (marquee signing)

Just now, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

1 million over how many years?

He’s probably the best attacking 2nd row in Super League. I’d of liked Leeds to have signed him. 

3 years.

There are reasons why we don't play him anymore. He's decent going forward but gets penalised a lot, is prone to brain fart and his work ethic is lower than Netherlands.

Is the move instant? 

And if so does this mean Les Dracs may use Cap space to bring in a decent NSW cup Half back ala Drinkwater last year to help the side have some structure in attack? 

Edwards is a good player, however a HB is needed above all right now for Les Dracs. 

6 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

Is the move instant? 

And if so does this mean Les Dracs may use Cap space to bring in a decent NSW cup Half back ala Drinkwater last year to help the side have some structure in attack? 

Edwards is a good player, however a HB is needed above all right now for Les Dracs. 

Isn't Danny Richardson rumoured to leave Saints?

35 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Danny Rich Tea aka the Biscuit Richardson would be a interesting signing. He's got alot of skill however I feel would not be the best choice right now as Les Dracs need a Chad Townsend or Adam Reynolds (I know both unrealistic more a player like these but not quite as good) type player. 

Richardson is not the best at organising. He seems very good when he's confident however he's not matched his early to mid season form of 2018 since. His decision making V London Broncos a game I saw live, probably cost Saints the game. 

Risky signing. 

Hull were linked with him at one stage. If this figure is true then it explains why that never happened.

FWIW I don't believe that they are really paying him that much. He is at best just an above average player.

40 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

NAY, NAY AND THRICE NAY.

The Dragon should sign only French players.

And play only in kits manufactured in France.

And serve vol au vents and not pies at the Brutus.

13 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

Danny Rich Tea aka the Biscuit Richardson would be a interesting signing. He's got alot of skill however I feel would not be the best choice right now as Les Dracs need a Chad Townsend or Adam Reynolds (I know both unrealistic more a player like these but not quite as good) type player. 

Richardson is not the best at organising. He seems very good when he's confident however he's not matched his early to mid season form of 2018 since. His decision making V London Broncos a game I saw live, probably cost Saints the game. 

Risky signing. 

We have plenty of safe players, Smith/Tomkins can organise, we desperately need a running halfback which Richardson is.

Think the million mentioned was in Aussie dollars, whatever the cost it's a brainfart signing, he's a penalty machine always has been, always will be, thats in the limited amount of time he spends on the field.

Look out for Ferres returning if that's a indication of their team building?

1 hour ago, Hvy wg said:

3 years.

There are reasons why we don't play him anymore. He's decent going forward but gets penalised a lot, is prone to brain fart and his work ethic is lower than Netherlands.

That’s a bit harsh on the Dutch 

45 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

We have plenty of safe players, Smith/Tomkins can organise, we desperately need a running halfback which Richardson is.

I don't feel Smith is doing a good enough job at organising tbh hence hes  only probably playing as Bird is injured and Tomkins to me as a FB/HB is more of a runner. 

Josh Drinkwater made alot of difference last year. Shame he's gone. They need a player like him. 

If this story turns out to be true, the one million Aussie dollars turns out at something like £9000 per game if he plays 60 games over three years. Where is that money coming from with attendance’s at around 5000 on a good day? 

I presume this is actually a 3.5 year deal if it's with immediate effect.

1 million Australian dollars is around £550,000 sterling.

Over 3.5 years that is just over £150,000 per year.

Good money, but not exactly breaking the bank.

40 minutes ago, Damien said:

If a player is signed from a French club by an English one why would the figure be in Australian dollars?

It was a Australian site that first broke the news I believe, and I got the impression they were astonished too?

18 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

Huddersfield signed Kenny Edwards on a 1 million deal from Catalans.

Are you guys crazy?

A million dollarydoos ?  think how many chazzwazzers he could buy with that  !    (re- Simpsons ep119)

dollarydoos.jpg

5 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

I presume this is actually a 3.5 year deal if it's with immediate effect.

1 million Australian dollars is around £550,000 sterling.

Over 3.5 years that is just over £150,000 per year.

Good money, but not exactly breaking the bank.

Tbh as Huddersfield are near the bottom now a top quality forward who offers flair in attack is worth bringing in. The contract does seem maybe a year too long but I guess they really wanted the player!

Steve Price rates him highly and apparently wanted him at Wire and he has done well for the Dragons imo. 

Maybe given how well paid the NRL is now, 100k pa is minimum for a quality second row unless they are coming under a cloud of controversy. 

Every time I've seen him on TV he seems to be more of a luxury player. The occasional moment of great skill, then poor ball retention or total brain f*rt. 

Is he really what Huddersfield need as 'marquee'? Is he even marquee-level at all?

8 hours ago, Southerner80 said:

Tbh as Huddersfield are near the bottom now a top quality forward who offers flair in attack is worth bringing in. The contract does seem maybe a year too long but I guess they really wanted the player!

Steve Price rates him highly and apparently wanted him at Wire and he has done well for the Dragons imo. 

Maybe given how well paid the NRL is now, 100k pa is minimum for a quality second row unless they are coming under a cloud of controversy. 

Didn't Edwards have "issues" hence his contract at Catalan's, the resting place for many a disgraced player over the years?

14 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

Is he really what Huddersfield need as 'marquee'? Is he even marquee-level at all?

I think he's exactly what Huddersfield needs.

But then I really do want them to be relegated for constantly poaching Bradford's players.

People called Romans they go the house

12 hours ago, Clogiron said:

Didn't Edwards have "issues" hence his contract at Catalan's, the resting place for many a disgraced player over the years?

That's true, he's been pretty well behaved at Les Dracs though from what I hear. 

So not in Aussie dollars, in fact it's about £550,000 for 3 years, that's about 185k pa.  I am guessing (possibly incorrectly) that this is really the going rate.

That's certainly a long way from £333k a season (or possibly a cool million as suggested) and not really worthy of a "?", or even a "!" 

Why were articles recorded in dollars?

Archived