SQUAD 2020

marklaspalmas

FIRST TEAM SQUAD 2020, 18 + 2 Loans + 8 Juniors.       

Coach: James Webster 2020 / 2021 NEW from Hull KR

1. Craig Hall 2020 / 2021 NEW from Hull KR (1)

19. Jack Render 2020

2. Ben Blackmore 2020/2021 NEW from Sheffield (3)

3. Josh Hardcastle 2020 / 2021

4. Thomas Minns 2020/2021 NEW from Hull KR (2)

27. Greg Worthington Loan from Toronto

5. Conor Carey 2020

6. Louis Jouffret 2020 NEW from Batley (4)

7. Dane Chisholm 2020 / 2021 / 2022

17. Alec Susino 2020 NEW from Barrow (5)

15. Luke Cooper 2020 / 2021

9. Dean Parata 2020/2021 NEW from Toulouse (6)

16. Jack Bussey 2020 / 2021     

8. Dale Ferguson 2020 / 2021 NEW from Huddersfield (7)

10. James Harrison 2020 / 2021 

Wellington Albert Loan from Leeds.

11. Brett Ferres 2020 NEW from Leeds (8)                           

14. John Davies 2020 / 2021

12. Brad Day 2020 / 2021

13. James Lockwood 2020 / 2021

18. Jimmy Beckett (SR) 2020

20. Jake Sweeting (FB/HB) 2020 NEW from Castleford (9)

21. Dakota Whylie (W) 2020

22. Brandan French(C) 2020

23. Brad Wright (SR) 2020

24. Sam Otterwell (FB) 2020

25. Nathan Wright (W) 2020

26. Jack Richardson (C) 2020

Departures: Coach Ryan Carr (Parramatta)

Cameron King (Cronulla) Jack Ormondroyd (Salford) Connor Jones (Salford) Josh Walters (London) Scott Wheeldon (Sheffield) Scott Wheeldon (Sheffield)

Watson Boas (Doncaster) Spencer Darley (Keighley) Jack Johnson (Widnes) Morgan Punchard (Dewsbury) Jake Spedding (Widnes) Makahesi Makatoa Danny Maskill Kiedan Hartley Jorge Richardson

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, fairfolly said:

What if you are in S.L. At least 14 of those 16 not S.L. players.

Not sure we can hang around risking other clubs signing our best players on the off chance we get into SL - we are some way from securing a top 5 spot right now.

Anyway, this yearLondon pretty much went with the squad that scraped into the Championship top 4. Think we would make a lot more high-profile signings if we did go up.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Not sure we can hang around risking other clubs signing our best players on the off chance we get into SL - we are some way from securing a top 5 spot right now.

Anyway, this yearLondon pretty much went with the squad that scraped into the Championship top 4. Think we would make a lot more high-profile signings if we did go up.

You have my sympathies.

If you sign a SL squad and don't make SL you are damned.

If you make SL and have a championship squad you are damned.

Who'd be a championship chairman?

Let's go back to one league it would be a lot easier. OK there are complications but all the Yorkshire clubs play each other plus some Lancashire clubs of equal standing and so on. I have said it before and it would cut out a lot of the messing about. It wont happen but there would be no are we up to this standard or that for promotion. Gates would be better and standards higher in due course.

4 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Let's go back to one league it would be a lot easier. OK there are complications but all the Yorkshire clubs play each other plus some Lancashire clubs of equal standing and so on. I have said it before and it would cut out a lot of the messing about. It wont happen but there would be no are we up to this standard or that for promotion. Gates would be better and standards higher in due course.

Like it or not, things have moved on since then. As much as I'd love us to be FT and in the top division, I'd suggest that trying to split Sky funding equally between so many clubs would bring many back to PT status. Rather than trying to progress the game, it would drag towards the lowest common denominator. One division worked when travelling between Yorkshire and Lancashire was difficult for PT players who worked 12 hour shifts. We're now in 2019: that's no longer an issue. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

12 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

It's to be hoped we're not done and dusted since there are only 8 signed up for next year!

true but it's 8 more than we've usually got signed up in november ? 

After Holmes display for Huddersfield tonight I doubt if we will see him again this season. Thanks to him for his efforts on our behalf during his stay with us.

7 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

It's to be hoped we're not done and dusted since there are only 8 signed up for next year!

I think they are the best 8 we have and imo the rest are average and we will hopefully plug the rest of the gaps with DR and a couple of signings before the season starts next year. I think it’s the best I’ve felt for years in an optimistic way looking at the Teams strengths going forward.

1 hour ago, Maureen T-k said:

We’ve got Ben Reynolds on loan for a month 

He will a very good addition to the team and may give Chissy a bit more freedom,as its harder to mark two playmakers rather than one.Holmes gave Huddersfield that extra option last night and he probably had a bigger impact on the game than their ususl playmaker Gaskell.

Archived