SQUAD 2020

marklaspalmas

6 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

I think they are the best 8 we have and imo the rest are average and we will hopefully plug the rest of the gaps with DR and a couple of signings before the season starts next year. I think it’s the best I’ve felt for years in an optimistic way looking at the Teams strengths going forward.

so you think walters ormondroyd makatoa carey and wheeldon are average 

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, jamescolin said:

After Holmes display for Huddersfield tonight I doubt if we will see him again this season. Thanks to him for his efforts on our behalf during his stay with us.

true colin but when push comes to shove he's still behind the aussie lad the coach brought over with him

56 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

He will a very good addition to the team and may give Chissy a bit more freedom,as its harder to mark two playmakers rather than one.Holmes gave Huddersfield that extra option last night and he probably had a bigger impact on the game than their ususl playmaker Gaskell.

true again but gaskell first choice goalkicker  and that usually gets you on the team sheet first

• 3 weeks later...

League Express linking us with Alec Susino and Danny Addy for 2020. Susino is a mobile prop who played well for Barrow against us, Barrow has been a good source of props recently with Joe Bullock doing well for Wigan and Josh Johnson getting rave reviews since he joined Salford. Addy most people will know about his career, think he's from Ponte?

• 2 weeks later...

Again, this is from the "rumours" rather than "confirmed" department, but League Express says they understand we are going to sign Batley's half back Louis Jouffret for 2020.

Also, LE reports Dale Ferguson has left Huddersfield by mutual consent. He is injured again at the moment but will be interesting to see if we are in for him for next year.

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Again, this is from the "rumours" rather than "confirmed" department, but League Express says they understand we are going to sign Batley's half back Louis Jouffret for 2020. 

We have to sign at least 1 from Batley, it's the law isn't it? ??

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

27 minutes ago, mightyship said:

Regards speculation that we’ve approached Spedding from Barrow. Ex Saints player but can’t say I know much about him - or indeed if it’s true at all as nothing announced our end.

ex saints stretching it a bit 3 games in 4 years played two years on loan eagles and barrow this year 22 year old centre /winger leeds lad so should feel at home ?

but  lot of barrow fans thinks he's rubbish can't  quote

"Spedding was one of our worst signings for a long time. Absolute liability in defence and couldn’t attack for toffee"

9 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Spedding confirmed for rest of season. Wondering how he gets a game to be honest with Hardcastle back next week, unless Leeds are recalling Golding and Sutcliffe?

Not sure on this signing, don't see the logic, but hey ho. Can't see why Leeds would call Golding and Sutcliffe back unless of injuries to their current incumbents. Will just have to see how he goes if selected.

2 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

Not sure on this signing, don't see the logic, but hey ho. Can't see why Leeds would call Golding and Sutcliffe back unless of injuries to their current incumbents. Will just have to see how he goes if selected.

On the Barrow forum there's a link to an interview with their coach Crarey where he's quite critical of Spedding and speculates that our DR players may have been recalled. Not sure that's reliable though, Crarey really likes the sound of his own voice based on a coupleofinterviews I've seen.

From memory Spedding played really well against us once for Sheffield I think.

4 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

On the Barrow forum there's a link to an interview with their coach Crarey where he's quite critical of Spedding and speculates that our DR players may have been recalled. Not sure that's reliable though, Crarey really likes the sound of his own voice based on a coupleofinterviews I've seen.

From memory Spedding played really well against us once for Sheffield I think.

Yeah I have read those comments and the consensus of opinion from their fans is that he does appear to be a little weak defensively. If we are still using DR, and I see no reason why we wouldn't, it does seem a strange signing considering Hardy to come back and Teteh on the sidelines too.

32 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Presumably he was signed on before close of business on Friday 9th............

what was wrong with promoting someone from the reserves  whoops silly me we've got shut of our reserves✂️

Archived