SQUAD 2020

marklaspalmas

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

Marchy did a very good job with Keighley in the Championship in 2013, the last time Fev won the league by beating them with a last minute try at Lawkholme Lane on the last day of the season after the Cougars were leading by two points. Unfortunately it sent Keighley down but both sides only needed a draw to achieve their goal. I can remember Andy Hay saying that he was shouting to Marchy in the final minute to concede a penalty under the sticks but whether he contemplated this we'll never know, because later in the set Fev moved the ball out wide to score in the corner and win the game. Brilliant display by Keighley in a valiant effort to stay up with limited resources.

On a topical note that winning try five years ago was scored with a strong piece of finishing by our most recent signing Ben Blackmore.

Roversspud will know why the video of that try always makes me chuckle...

16 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

His agent Craig Harrison has rubbished this rumour previously too. Will be interesting if the Luke Gale rumours are confirmed, with Robert Lui already at the club, even if Myler leaves.

5 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

His agent Craig Harrison has rubbished this rumour previously too. Will be interesting if the Luke Gale rumours are confirmed, with Robert Lui already at the club, even if Myler leaves.

Another year in the Championship would help develop his game rather than sat in the stand with maybe the odd game at Leeds.Although i said the same about Harry Newman and he has held his place at Leeds this season.His defence still needs a tweak though. They are both young players with years of Rugby in front of them.

On 25/09/2019 at 21:00, Cardypaul said:

I think loosing Ryan Carr is a major blow although not surprising. Let’s hope Mc can pull another rabbit out of the hat and find us another quality coach.

There seem to be lots of whispers about mentioning James Webster at the moment. Confirmed as leaving HKR as assistant coach. Interesting line in the Hull Daily Mail " A previous assistant coach to Richard Agar at Wakefield Trinity, linking up again with the new Leeds Rhinos boss may seem a likely move, but we understand Webster's path is more likely to take him to a Championship club."

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/james-webster-leaves-hull-kr-3359884

I never did like the  Carr/Rhinos  tie up. If he is going to the Rhinos good luck to him, but we SHOULD have some compensation , as he is under a 2 year contract(as quoted elsewhere).But I also cannot understand why going as an assistant to a rookie coach is going to help him move forward. I would have thought another year here, would do him no harm at all. This is obviously a personal opinion  

Its always ###### for us. If our Coach is any good like Powell and possibly Carr they go to a Super League Team and if we have any decent players they go to SL Teams. That’s how it goes I surpose but hopefully if we generate good income from our future land we may be able to offer competitive money to keep decent players at Fev.

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

There seem to be lots of whispers about mentioning James Webster at the moment. Confirmed as leaving HKR as assistant coach. Interesting line in the Hull Daily Mail " A previous assistant coach to Richard Agar at Wakefield Trinity, linking up again with the new Leeds Rhinos boss may seem a likely move, but we understand Webster's path is more likely to take him to a Championship club."

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/james-webster-leaves-hull-kr-3359884

Hope it’s not Fev if it’s an English coach would like to see Ford if not think we need to look further afield 

7 hours ago, haskey said:

I never did like the  Carr/Rhinos  tie up. If he is going to the Rhinos good luck to him, but we SHOULD have some compensation , as he is under a 2 year contract(as quoted elsewhere).But I also cannot understand why going as an assistant to a rookie coach is going to help him move forward. I would have thought another year here, would do him no harm at all. This is obviously a personal opinion  

Considering the very good relationship you have with Leeds, I would doubt that there will be much compensation involved.

On 28/09/2019 at 16:24, Blue Pike said:

Its always ###### for us. If our Coach is any good like Powell and possibly Carr they go to a Super League Team and if we have any decent players they go to SL Teams. That’s how it goes I surpose but hopefully if we generate good income from our future land we may be able to offer competitive money to keep decent players at Fev.

Sadly, it just the way most pro sports work in this country.

Look at Salford, playing in the GF this weekend, most of the team playing for them, won't be next season.

On 28/09/2019 at 16:24, Blue Pike said:

Or poach them from other Championship clubs?

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Yes what tends to happen with players we sign from other Champ Clubs is they tend to have a good game against us but can’t recall him doing so but not for me to doubt our Coaching Staffs observations after the way the season has gone with the great players performing admirably.Onwards and upwards. 

1 hour ago, Blue Pike said:

Yes what tends to happen with players we sign from other Champ Clubs is they tend to have a good game against us but can’t recall him doing so but not for me to doubt our Coaching Staffs observations after the way the season has gone with the great players performing admirably.Onwards and upwards. 

I wonder who had the final decision on our signings so far, given that Carr is almost certainly leaving. I noticed that Carr wasn't pictured shaking hands with any of the new signings. 

1 hour ago, hrtbps said:

I wonder who had the final decision on our signings so far, given that Carr is almost certainly leaving. I noticed that Carr wasn't pictured shaking hands with any of the new signings. 

even if ryan i's going would have thought the  club will have picked his brains on  players he thought would improve us

17 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Or poach them from other Championship clubs?

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

T'was ever thus, but Fev have a place in the food chain, same as everyone else. See Richard Whiting, Zak Hardaker, plus any number of Lions players who never even made it as far as the Rovers team before being snapped up by SL clubs.

15 hours ago, POR said:

even if ryan i's going would have thought the  club will have picked his brains on  players he thought would improve us

If Ryan goes it's important to maintain the goodwill, ie "Once a Capper Always a Capper". If it's back to Oz he could be Fev's eyes and ears over players interested in coming over here, either to make a name for themselves or resurrecting their careers. Agents will try to push players on us, Ryan would be able to advise whether they would be suitable. If it's on to Leeds Rhinos it could help to maintain the goodwill between the D/R partners..

8 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

If Ryan goes it's important to maintain the goodwill, ie "Once a Capper Always a Capper". If it's back to Oz he could be Fev's eyes and ears over players interested in coming over here, either to make a name for themselves or resurrecting their careers. Agents will try to push players on us, Ryan would be able to advise whether they would be suitable. If it's on to Leeds Rhinos it could help to maintain the goodwill between the D/R partners..

My money is on back to oz 

leeds he's already there doing leeds and FEV  so why would he need to change the status quo 

Archived