SQUAD 2020

marklaspalmas

9 hours ago, POR said:

My money is on back to oz 

leeds he's already there doing leeds and FEV  so why would he need to change the status quo 

Unless he has a chance of being Leeds Head Coach?

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Unless he has a chance of being Leeds Head Coach?

maybe in 21 but next year it's agar

1 minute ago, Blue Pike said:

True I can’t see Agar being much success for Leeds imo I don’t see his past record owt special. Maybe a different approach with a younger hungrier Coach in Carr may prove inspiring.

then why didn't they appoint ryan before agar

still think if he leaves he's off back home

2 hours ago, POR said:

maybe in 21 but next year it's agar

then why didn't they appoint ryan before agar

still think if he leaves he's off back home

Surely they couldn't appoint him before Agar whilst he is in contract to us.

40 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Is there any evidence that he has had a job offer back home or is there some domestic issue to resolve?

rumors in the press last week

38 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Surely they couldn't appoint him before Agar whilst he is in contract to us.

briscoe had a contract didn't stop em could have got his release from FEV but didn't appointed agar  instead and remember they've   seen ryan up close and personal but still ; appointed agar

35 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

Whatever happens or wherever he goes, he goes with all my best wishes.What a fabulous job he has done without a pre season under his belt.

agreed the lad's a top coach  and done a great job showing everybody  what he can do putting himself in the shop window with a top championship club that's why I'ii  be surprised if he left a head coach job  to go into the backroom of leeds 

if leeds do well agar will get all the credit not ryan unlike all the credit he got  as head coach of FEV

that's why I think he'll stay or go back home

either way the seasons ended and it would be nice if the club made an announcement but if it's owt like the reserve fiasco we'll be waiting a long time  ????

16 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

A few HKR players reportedly told they don't figure in Smith's plans for the coming season so I guess us being linked with Webster......

Yes.

Depending on how we see DR working out in 2020 we could need another six players or so.

FWIW I see DR morphing into a different type of loan arrangement. Perhaps more long term loans rather than week by week. This is sort of what happened anyway in 2019 with Briscoe, the Golding Sutcliffe and McLelland.

The announcement today that 5 of the reserve team will be promoted to the 1st team squad had been hinted at previously, but that quintet of newly-promoted reserves doesn't include the likes of Jimmy Beckett, Kiedan Hartley, or Morgan Punchard who were all given squad numbers this year. If they are still with us too ( and presumably thus also candidates for the combined reserves team) then that bumps our numbers up a fair bit.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

The announcement today that 5 of the reserve team will be promoted to the 1st team squad had been hinted at previously, but that quintet of newly-promoted reserves doesn't include the likes of Jimmy Beckett, Kiedan Hartley, or Morgan Punchard who were all given squad numbers this year. If they are still with us too ( and presumably thus also candidates for the combined reserves team) then that bumps our numbers up a fair bit.

I think Kiedan Hartley was first in the pecking order before his injury, which gave Jack Render the chance at full back instead when Golding was unavailable? Look what happened there, Jack has never looked back! How many of this bunch will step up in the same manner if they get the chance? 

Archived