SQUAD 2020

marklaspalmas

16 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

When Harrison switched to the middle, I thought that was his best position. Then when he switched back in the play-offs, I changed my mind again. What that seems to show is how well he played in both positions, along with Day he has been a very good signing and progressed as the year went on. We are lucky in that we have a lot of versatile players, which is important when you have a small squad.

I agree about Harrison looks good in both positions hopefully Joufrett follows the trend in ex Batley players turning out to be great finds .

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/11/2019 at 10:37, The Phantom Horseman said:

Probably the biggest question mark left is hooker. We have Parata, and there's no news on whether Maskill has re-signed. There are a few hookers whose destinations for 2020 have not yet been announced - from memory, Shaun Lunt still hasn't signed for anyone, nor James Cunningham or Keal Carlile (nor for that matter has Cameron King, though his partner is pregnant which might mean he'll stay in Australia), so there might still be a few pieces of the jigsaw to fall into place there, not necessarily involving us of course.

This seems to suggest he'll be playing Super League next season:

2 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

He might be sitting on some offers for now, waiting to see if an NRL team comes in for him. Some Leigh fans seem to think they are in for him. 

His partner is pregnant it seems, so wouldn't be surprising if he stays in Aus.

I'm sure you've seen it, but for those who haven't it's him re-tweeting his tweet from a year ago asking if anyone's interested in signing him on.

I think both Longo and Webster are on record as saying we have only one further signing to come.  Logically it should be a starting hooker. 

If Kingy can't get a contract in Australia which I'm sure is his preferred option, then I'd have him back here in a shot.

Still no mention of Maskill.

2 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

I think both Longo and Webster are on record as saying we have only one further signing to come.  Logically it should be a starting hooker. 

If Kingy can't get a contract in Australia which I'm sure is his preferred option, then I'd have him back here in a shot.

Absobloodylutely

13 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I'm sure you've seen it, but for those who haven't it's him re-tweeting his tweet from a year ago asking if anyone's interested in signing him on.

Yes, seen it. Surely the difference this time is he must have plenty of offers. Am guessing they just aren't what he wants, whether financially or geographically.

As MLP says, it's interesting there has been no announcement on Maskill and  the club hasn't done an official leavers' list.

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yes, seen it. Surely the difference this time is he must have plenty of offers. Am guessing they just aren't what he wants, whether financially or geographically.

As MLP says, it's interesting there has been no announcement on Maskill and  the club hasn't done an official leavers' list.

On one of the pre season videos it looks like maskils there training .

On 14/11/2019 at 16:46, The Phantom Horseman said:

He might be sitting on some offers for now, waiting to see if an NRL team comes in for him. Some Leigh fans seem to think they are in for him. 

His partner is pregnant it seems, so wouldn't be surprising if he stays in Aus.

dont think we have signed him coz we have hood n wildie at hooker.we need a number 7.i wonder what jarrad sammut is up to these days

League Express running a headline saying "King Set To Leave Rovers", saying that a return to the LD Nutrition Stadium is "at this stage, unlikely". Says he had interest from at least 2 SL clubs at end of last season but was unable to finalise a deal.

Sounds like he was asking for money that even SL teams weren't able to match so hardly surprising if we have moved on.

Archived