SQUAD 2020

marklaspalmas

33 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

League Express running a headline saying "King Set To Leave Rovers", saying that a return to the LD Nutrition Stadium is "at this stage, unlikely". Says he had interest from at least 2 SL clubs at end of last season but was unable to finalise a deal.

Sounds like he was asking for money that even SL teams weren't able to match so hardly surprising if we have moved on.

Given he's currently advertising himself on twitter again, it does make you wonder how realistic his demands are. Good player, but no-one is worth breaking the bank for. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Sounds like we might best shut of him. 

Bit harsh imo. Good player, but we move on. 

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Obviously dint fancy Ingy enough.....signs for northern. Im ambivalent. 

Someone on Northern forum seems to think this is the best Championship signing to date. ???

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

On 18/11/2019 at 17:50, Robin Evans said:

Obviously dint fancy Ingy enough.....signs for northern. Im ambivalent. 

Or Shaun Lunt, very good signing for Batley. Thought he might have been on our radar in what remains a position of need. Interesting to see Kruise Leeming on the transfer list at Huddersfield and still linked with Leeds by the media, if he signs for them maybe Corey Johnson is going to get an extended stint with us.

Talking about the squad and our contribution towards it. I have followed Rovers since 1939. Recently at 85 I and my wife have been ill. I eventually recently went for my season ticket only to be told I was outside of the schedule and that instead of paying £125 I had to pay £175. How does £175 relate to paying at the gate to get in? 12 games at £175  equals about £14.50 a game.  If I had paid at the gate as a pensioner how much more would it be? After all I have done over the years in support I thought a little concession of my timing would have been appropriate. After all we don't get our tickets until December and out first home game is in February. Time schedule a bit harsh do you think or is it my fault for not tracking things better? Mind you older people are just disregarded nowadays as disposable rubbish no matter what they have done in the past.

16 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Talking about the squad and our contribution towards it. I have followed Rovers since 1939. Recently at 85 I and my wife have been ill. I eventually recently went for my season ticket only to be told I was outside of the schedule and that instead of paying £125 I had to pay £175. How does £175 relate to paying at the gate to get in? 12 games at £175  equals about £14.50 a game.  If I had paid at the gate as a pensioner how much more would it be? After all I have done over the years in support I thought a little concession of my timing would have been appropriate. After all we don't get our tickets until December and out first home game is in February. Time schedule a bit harsh do you think or is it my fault for not tracking things better? Mind you older people are just disregarded nowadays as disposable rubbish no matter what they have done in the past.

The 'Early Bird' offer ran from Thursday September 5th until Thursday October 31st and was well advertised.

There are 13 home league games in 2020, so £175 divided by 13 equates to just shy of £13.50 per game. Last season's game day concession admission prices were £15, although there was a £2 reduction if purchased prior to the actual game day. If the prices are the same this season it may be slightly financially better (an annual saving of approximately £6) if you can purchase home match tickets prior to the match than purchasing a season ticket.

1 hour ago, Private Baldrick said:

The 'Early Bird' offer ran from Thursday September 5th until Thursday October 31st and was well advertised.

There are 13 home league games in 2020, so £175 divided by 13 equates to just shy of £13.50 per game. Last season's game day concession admission prices were £15, although there was a £2 reduction if purchased prior to the actual game day. If the prices are the same this season it may be slightly financially better (an annual saving of approximately £6) if you can purchase home match tickets prior to the match than purchasing a season ticket.

Thanks for the rely. I will just let it rest now. Just a bit down. Sorry folks.. 

I always thought it would be great to let pensioners in for a fiver and accompanied children free especially when they are our future supporters but if we did this where would our bread and butter money come from to build the Team we have .There are worse things to spend money on. I have friends and family who don’t think twice about spending £50 a week on cigs which is slowly killing them so say £30 for home games including a couple of pints ? is sound

2 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

How did last nights meet the coach evening go? Was there any news on potential signings?

I'd be interested to hear that too.

There's an interview that West Yorkshire Sport put up on Twitter with James Deighton interviewing James Webster. The headline quite they used was  ‘There’s a chance for maybe one but that’s not certain yet.' (in reference to further signings).

The first person to "like" this tweet was Cameron King ?

Full interview
https://www.facebook.com/groups/56099578263/permalink/10157081704813264/

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I'd be interested to hear that too.

There's an interview that West Yorkshire Sport put up on Twitter with James Deighton interviewing James Webster. The headline quite they used was  ‘There’s a chance for maybe one but that’s not certain yet.' (in reference to further signings).

The first person to "like" this tweet was Cameron King ?

Full interview
https://www.facebook.com/groups/56099578263/permalink/10157081704813264/

Conor Carey also with a 'like'........

I know Mark's got him down as returning to Oz, but has that actually been announced anywhere?

7 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I know Mark's got him down as returning to Oz, but has that actually been announced anywhere?

Carey? He came back to England a couple of weeks ago. He "liked" the Fev announcement of our Summer Bash meeting against Bradford, but he also "liked" Bradford's announcement too, so make of that what you will! It's like Cluedo being a RL fan sometimes...

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:37, The Phantom Horseman said:

Our middles are looking strong. Lockwood, Susino, Ferguson, Bussey, Cooper, plus probably Davies, assuming Harrison is earmarked for the other edge back row slot with Ferres. You'd struggle to find a stronger set of middles than that in the Championship.

Probably the biggest question mark left is hooker. We have Parata, and there's no news on whether Maskill has re-signed. There are a few hookers whose destinations for 2020 have not yet been announced - from memory, Shaun Lunt still hasn't signed for anyone, nor James Cunningham or Keal Carlile (nor for that matter has Cameron King, though his partner is pregnant which might mean he'll stay in Australia), so there might still be a few pieces of the jigsaw to fall into place there, not necessarily involving us of course.

However, Leeds haven't signed a second hooker yet (linked with Kruise Leeming from Huddersfield), but if they do that might mean Corey Johnson becomes an option for us on DR. 

The destination of 3 of those hookers is now known with Cunningham having been announced by TWP a short time ago.

8 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Yes, they all technically returned to Oz! Maybe just holidays or whatever, but still. IVe not heard of any of those three having signed for any other club for 2020.

Archived