SQUAD 2020

marklaspalmas

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW there are a range of mentions for Fev in the RL papers this evening, including League Express talking to James Webster, who has been to Leeds to have a look at some of their youngsters and also comments on Cam King ("I haven't had too many conversatons with Cameron, but I do know he wants to come back to the UK...you never say never, although like any player, wages would be a determining factor").

In League Weekly (whose stories tend to be worth taking with a big pinch of salt) Nosey Parker seems more confident King might be returning to us though he's wrong more often than he's right imo. Also there's a story claiming we are interested in Ryan Brierley along with Fax and Newcastle although that seems a very strange one to me (and the story is written by the same guy who linked us with Sammut a few weeks ago).

14 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

FWIW there are a range of mentions for Fev in the RL papers this evening, including League Express talking to James Webster, who has been to Leeds to have a look at some of their youngsters and also comments on Cam King ("I haven't had too many conversatons with Cameron, but I do know he wants to come back to the UK...you never say never, although like any player, wages would be a determining factor").

In League Weekly (whose stories tend to be worth taking with a big pinch of salt) Nosey Parker seems more confident King might be returning to us though he's wrong more often than he's right imo. Also there's a story claiming we are interested in Ryan Brierley along with Fax and Newcastle although that seems a very strange one to me (and the story is written by the same guy who linked us with Sammut a few weeks ago).

Kingy's training in his Fev shorts...

2 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Isn’t it likely that he’s probably too expensive for us?. Shame really, as it would be great to get him back for next season.

Possibly he is too expensive. If he becomes too expensive for everyone else as well however, he can only either reduce his demands or find another job... 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

On 25/11/2019 at 18:28, gazza77 said:

Possibly he is too expensive. If he becomes too expensive for everyone else as well however, he can only either reduce his demands or find another job... 

Leeds' signing of Kruise Leeming kind of takes some of the pressure off us at hooker...with Leeming & Dwyer set to be their 1st-choice hookers, that would free up Corey Johnson, who did well in his only game for us last year, he's a very similar style of player to Connor Jones (not saying he's as good yet). King's presumably going to sit on any offers he has as long as he can to see if an NRL club comes in for him.

16 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

He’s said his goodbye on Twitter this morning. 

That's a real shame, I genuinely thought we would see him in a Fev shirt again next season. Sometimes players just seem to take a while to find the right club to call home, where they then flourish, maybe regaining long-lost form after a succession of bad injuries, quickly becoming a fan favourite and an important part of the fabric and it all just 'works', and it felt like that was what we had found with Kingy. It was the same with Misi a few years ago; he belatedly found the club he should have been at from the off. Anyway I'm really hoping it isn't due to a greedy agent pricing him out of our reach, or alternatively the club trying to low-ball him, as either would be a mistake. Get it sorted out Fev, and come home Kingy lad!

Archived