SQUAD 2020

marklaspalmas

1 hour ago, elppaxr2i said:

That interview with Gill to me sounded like Mcllelland would be with us at some point during the season on DR as with potential others but wouldnt necessarily be here at the start of the season

With Webster being an ex HB i think he will have worked closely with jouffret and chizzy during the off season 

Im with others I just cant see the point in giving him the 6 shirt, working with him all pre season and then not starting him in the opening game

Id be suprised to see mcllelland and in fact any DR players in the squad on the opening day - the only way they get in for me is if pre season isnt navigated injury free

As for the signing of Albert - well if there is a better pack in the championship Id like to hear it

Yeah, we've never done that before.....

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/12/2019 at 08:05, The Phantom Horseman said:

Interesting interview with Steve Gill and Brad Day on Radio Leeds yesterday. Says we have a big announcement to come today (considering he was talking about big forwards when he mentioned this, you wonder if it might be Wellington Albert on loan perhaps), but he also seemed to let slip that we're anticipating having McLelland back. Also says we have dual registered 10 Leeds players including McLelland and Sutcliffe as well as some of their younger ones (obviously the rule remains the same about maximum 4 DR/5 DR & loan combined).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/56099578263/permalink/10157158251593264/

dwyer on list as well

Lots of if and but about our hooking position next year, I'd like us to still sign a second hooker for the year. Obviously there are not going to be many quality players available in the UK to fit the bill, so maybe has to be someone from Oz.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

38 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

No team should be allowed to be promoted if they frequently used dual reg players.

It's just false economy and no substantively signed player should etc their nosed pushed out .

Glad that Leigh will blow their own steam this year !

You're brave coming on here saying that.A bit silly too.

45 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

No team should be allowed to be promoted if they frequently used dual reg players.

It's just false economy and no substantively signed player should etc their nosed pushed out .

Snowy owd cocker..... if you'd have said that last year before leigh entered the play offs, your post might have held significantly more validity..... don't you think?

You can see how your post is now being percieved??

49 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

We get this boring bile from time to time and it’s your turn to churn this boring subject up . In a nut shell if we don’t use it to our benefit someone else will.

4 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

If we get promoted by using those talented Leeds youngsters then we could give something back to the game. By becoming Leighs parent club?????

5 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

No team should be allowed to be promoted if they cannot survive without their sugar Daddy digging deep into his pockets, because if he walks away or kicks the bucket the game in general suffers, players not getting paid, etc.

9 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Snowy owd cocker..... if you'd have said that last year before leigh entered the play offs, your post might have held significantly more validity..... don't you think?

You can see how your post is now being percieved??

Hi Robin. Nice to hear from you.

I think ground rules need to brought in place prior to the season starting. If you need DR, you can't get promoted.

Like yourselves, Leigh were desperate to even exist last year, and if we got promoted I would be the first to say we didn't deserve it and say it would not be fair. Thankfully, you kicked our butts in the playoffs !

Saints sent over some crackers to us and Leeds to you. The rest is History. I have never agreed with it and should be abolished now that there are reserve leagues in place.

I expect the defensive comments, but Fev have a great team next season in their own right. Leigh haven't done bad either but you watch out for Bradford and Widnes next season in their seasons of consolidation. If Leigh need to dip into DR next year, I'm done !

Loan? Fair enough  , it's part of sport and business.

I cheered you on against them toss pots across the pond. Now that they have gone, hopefully we can crack on with a competition which is far far better than Super League.

All the best for next season and the NYC. 

5 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

No team should be allowed to be promoted if they cannot survive without their sugar Daddy digging deep into his pockets, because if he walks away or kicks the bucket the game in general suffers, players not getting paid, etc.

Couldn't agree more Steve. At the end of the day, Derek should not has disbanded the team that got relegated. It was more than good enough to get promoted. His dummy got spat out but I know Derek. He has the club and the game in general close to heart.

But.......  them cruel, autocratic decisions from Derek prevented the club from going under. The overpaid pre madonnas are no more and our average of just under 4000 is ample to pay for the current squad. I'm just glad we still have a team to support. Getting relegated without finishing Bottom seems so wrong. At least last year went to form.

Best of luck nexto season

Close-season signing Dean Parata had some positive news on his ankle injury, when the surgeon decided to carry out a clear-out rather than full operation.

Webster said: “We’re still waiting for the surgeon’s notes, but after speaking to them before Dean went in, he said it would be four to six weeks recovery if he didn’t need the big op.

“That will take him somewhere near to the start of the season for coming back.

On 26/12/2019 at 17:28, Steve Slater said:

To be fair that probably makes a team a candidate for SL as most of the clubs have a sugar daddy and their fans sneer at clubs who live within heir means 

18 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

A bit of good news this evening from League Express with Dean Parata possibly set to be fit to play in the pre-season game against Hull KR, or failing that the one against Leeds. That would be a big boost.

Also some confusion, although maybe that is just the journalists, about players that Leeds are going to make available to you and those that they might be loaning to Bradford. Given that Leeds will also be running a reserve team they must have a massive squad.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

23 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Also some confusion, although maybe that is just the journalists, about players that Leeds are going to make available to you and those that they might be loaning to Bradford. Given that Leeds will also be running a reserve team they must have a massive squad.

I suspect the loan players issue might still be under discussion because, as you suggest, there have been varying reports about which Leeds players might be joining Bradford (I'd tend to trust League Express journos over League Weekly ones btw). Think our relationship with Leeds remains very good so would imagine we would have had 1st refusal.

Leeds have a large 1st team squad and are also clearly keeping quite a few youngsters who aren't in that squad. I've suggested for ages that Leeds running a reserve team is unlikely to have much impact on their DR and loan arrangements, and it's worth remembering that at least 5 (and maybe 6 or 7) of our players are likely to feature regularly in the hybrid reserves team. In fact, it may be that we saw pretty much the entire likely starting line-up of the Leeds reserves at some point in the 2nd half of our game against York yesterday.

Leeds have benefitted significantly from the progress of the likes of Newman, Sutcliffe and McLelland playing in competitive Championship games and they wouldn't get that kind of test (nor atmosphere) in the reserves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived