SQUAD 2020

marklaspalmas

54 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

Yeah when I saw the story thought he would be good cover for Day. Does come with some baggage and I can understand some people’s reservations but may prove a good test of the new coach’s man management skills 

i would have thought with the comments by cambell about sutclifee "continue to play for us rather than Leeds reserves, " and minns signed  hardcastle earmarked for that role  in 2nd two

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, POR said:

i would have thought with the comments by cambell about sutclifee "continue to play for us rather than Leeds reserves, " and minns signed  hardcastle earmarked for that role  in 2nd two

Certainly wouldn’t surprise me as an option, either way it’s looking good for next season already 

13 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Who do you think will be available on DR and loan next season? If they are included what do you think the selection of the first 17 will be?

We don't know and probably won't until close to the start of the season. For instance McLelland and Sutcliffe might both be knocking on the door of Leeds 1st team.

And remember at the start of last season Briscoe, Newman and Cam Smith were 3 of our main DR players but it ended up being totally different players who were turning out for us by mid-season.

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

We don't know and probably won't until close to the start of the season. For instance McLelland and Sutcliffe might both be knocking on the door of Leeds 1st team.

And remember at the start of last season Briscoe, Newman and Cam Smith were 3 of our main DR players but it ended up being totally different players who were turning out for us by mid-season.

In Briscoe's case that was down to injury. I can't see him troubling the Leeds first team next season unless they have an injury crisis. He's always been one of our own so hopefully he'll be back for the start of the season.

27 minutes ago, hrtbps said:

In Briscoe's case that was down to injury. I can't see him troubling the Leeds first team next season unless they have an injury crisis. He's always been one of our own so hopefully he'll be back for the start of the season.

It depends whether they sign anyone though doesn't it? Think I read his brother would still be out well into the 2020 season. They have been linked with Davies of Wigan but I'm not sure Leeds have any more recognised wings other than the Briscoes and Handley.

4 hours ago, hrtbps said:

Crisis? One winger was injured so Briscoe left us. It is impossible to say month by month, even week by week, which plays Leeds may or may not need. That is the very nature of DR.  It worked ok in 2018, really quite good in 2019 but there's no guarantees of anything in 2020.

On 27/10/2019 at 09:12, elppaxr2i said:

We are close to signing Brett Ferres apparently 

Aaron Bower ( usually fairly reliable) in League Express has a story saying we are talking to him. 

On the other hand, Nosey Parker in League Weekly is also running with this story, so...?

Aaron Bower's story suggests Brad Day is expected to be out until June. Massive blow if true.

As ever, the usual disclaimers that these stories aren't official apply.

On 31/10/2019 at 16:38, hrtbps said:

One question that has not been answered is where was Briscoe after Rhinos' season had finished and Rovers were involved in the play-offs?

If he was injured, no problem, If Ryan Carr decided to stick with the backs who'd done a good job at the end of the season, that's fine, but if he wasn't available for the play-offs because he'd gone away on holiday as one or two had suggested then that's a different issue! Can anyone clarify why he didn't play for Fev in the play-offs?

With the squad already assembled Rovers must be aiming for the play-offs again, but if they are to go one better next year they need everyone to be committed right through to the MPG. For that reason I hope some money is held back in reserve to cover any D/R regulars that are recalled and don't come back.

2 hours ago, Steve Slater said:
2 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

If he was injured, no problem, If Ryan Carr decided to stick with the backs who'd done a good job at the end of the season, that's fine, but if he wasn't available for the play-offs because he'd gone away on holiday as one or two had suggested then that's a different issue! Can anyone clarify why he didn't play for Fev in the play-offs?

Who cares?? Last season is gone now - what is the point in digging up the past??

If he went on holiday so be it - he might have pre booked something, attending a wedding etc especially if he knew the Leeds season wasnt extending beyond the regular rounds

But really why does it matter?

31 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Brett Ferres confirmed.

Interesting one. These 'step down' signings can go either way.

But HCDAJFU no doubt.

Yep, same view here. Let's see how he goes.

Also, Scott Wheeldon has been announced by Sheffield. Not sure why the club didn't announce that he's leaving us, but anyway, there's another that you can cross off the list Mark!

Archived