York (A)

Wakefield Ram

Well it's either a car crash or a competitive game, which if the team are up for it like at Fev or Widnes the first time, we could spring a surprise. But no-one is giving us a chance so no pressure on the team. York lost Wednesday at home to Batley so anything could happen.

I think with the changes they made Wednesday they'll still have a good team for Sunday 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Just seen the team we put out Wednesday, assumed we sent a weakened team, but no a pretty much full strength side. Well that means we have little / no chance of winning. Why try and get through on a competition no one is interested in rather than resting players for league game? 

"No one is interested in"? You can honestly say if Dewsbury got to a final AT WEMBLEY you wouldn't go?? What opportunities are there for clubs of our size and set-up for any glory??

I think the 1895 cup is the best thing since the bonus point in our division

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

7 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

"No one is interested in"? You can honestly say if Dewsbury got to a final AT WEMBLEY you wouldn't go?? What opportunities are there for clubs of our size and set-up for any glory??

Not going though are we, therefore no interest. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

51 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Agree mate to go to Wembley and support your team top of my list

1 hour ago, EQUALIZER said:

Agree mate to go to Wembley and support your team top of my list

Spot on.. you can put it on next year's to do list along with promotion from championship 1. ?

If Batley get through - and good luck - the RFL will probably demand a £500k bond like they did with Catalans....???

Given the financial disaster that is relegation, then playing in an empty Wembley after everyone had gone home for a Cup with no prize money sponsored by Derek Beaumont's Sundecks- let's hope they leave some toilets open at least - pales into insignificance. 

And given the warm weather, if LG wanted to minimise our chances of winning at York, he's done a great job.

As a Knights fan i would have played a stronger team against Batley on Wednesday as to watch the Knights at Wembley stadium would have been great for the players and the supporters,but if i were in your position i would have been thinking that this weekend's game against us was more important to you,so i was surprised you put out a strong team out against Widnes on Wednesday.

39 minutes ago, paul said:

i was surprised you put out a strong team out against Widnes on Wednesday.

Ha ha..  good one that

3 hours ago, ginaldo said:

make sure that gates shut behind the goal

Scott was very fortunate not to receive a very serious injury imo. York and/or the owners of the ground should receive a right rollicking for that 

23 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Couldn't give a monkeys about this comp..if its being played after the main game it is pointless and will be embarrassing.  Wembley with 3000 inside....eeerm...

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Couldn't give a monkeys about this comp..if its being played after the main game it is pointless and will be embarrassing.  Wembley with 3000 inside....eeerm...

Widnes or Leigh will take a minimum of 4,000 + the other club in the finals tally , probably anther 5,000 wanting to see another good game , positive event in my book .

Up rugby league???

York on Wednesday made 8 or 9 changes in readiness for a big game against Dewsbury (!?!), to Batley’s odd one or two and still nearly them, so what will happen to us if the Minstermen have a full side out?

i think we know the answer:

York 54-4 Dewsbury 

Try: Ryder

MoM: Walshaw

Att: 1178

Legs, Dews, Legs.

8 minutes ago, silcoates said:

I hope Jack Teanby is recovering from his nasty injury. Consistently letting your best players leave is why the rams are in this mire.

For the Revs and the other fans that are going sake, we all wish for a close game.

We didn't release Jack Teanby, he chose to leave, for whatever reason. I'm guessing most players leave for more money, some because of other reasons, it's like any job, but I'm guessing Sheffield offered Glover, Gudzek and Brown more money, which is presumably why Walker and Farrell left Batley.

Walking along Bootham Crescent this afternoon it was refreshing to hear a voice announce, “That’s a great shirt, you cannot miss that”! That was from a holidaymaker from Washington State, USA. He asked what the shirt represented and we were happy to enlighten him and further discuss our game. 

The game: so near and yet so far.

Leading 14-0 we just knew York would come back at us and the penalty conversion on half time meant they would come at us in the second period and they did. When they led 20-14 I thought they would run away with the game, even with only 12 men, but we came back and good long pass to Worrincy saw the winger five over in the corner and Finn comfortably landed the conversion. Shortly after Sykes landed a drop goal. 

Close to time, a high kick for Worrincy to collect and you just knew he would knock on and, unfortunately he did. From the subsequent scrum I saw a gap in our defence and hoped their kicker hadn’t spotted it, but he did and York scored the winning try. So near and yet so far. 

I thought it was a good team effort, but once again Joe Martin was to the fore with his hard running  and strong tackling.

Arguing with a York supporter on our way out who declared us to be a dirty side, he couldn’t accept it was just the opposite as the had one player sent off and two sin binned. 

York supporters eh-well one anyway!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

As a neutral supporter I thought it was a good game and if Dewsbury had taken their early chances would have been out of sight, Sykes and Finn were controlling the game and York looked badly out of sorts however Brining came on and got his usual try from dummy half and  it changed the game. Thought the sending off for York was very harsh in the 2nd half - a yellow at most , never a red BUT spears should have had a red instead of a yellow in the 1st for a deliberate trip. Years ago a trip was a straight sending off and that was 100% stoping the Dewsbury player by sticking his leg out. 

Hmm very interesting,yep we had 2 in the bin and 1 sent off.Did you really think it was a sending off?Absolute joke decision.Wasnt even a sinbinning.The only reason he got sent off was because of Gabriel's reaction.Disgraceful on his part.No wonder Ronan Dixon had a word with him on his way off the pitch.Totally out of order getting a fellow professional sent off like that!!

Of course you lot were squeaky clean.Your no.19 didn't punch our player after playing the ball did he.Oh yeah and your left centre didn't elbow Brad Hey in the side of his face after driving for the line.How on earth did your player not get binned after holding down Liam Harris near your line after breaking through.Just a penalty which we kicked making it 14 a piece.Oh and your 2nd rower didn't follow that up with a ridiculous head high did he.Followed that up with our 2nd try fortunately.Two of your players 2nd half didn't knee opposite numbers in the back did they.Very sportsmanlike.,trying to injure fellow pros!!!!!Never mind eh,justice was eventually served!!!

knightrider.gif

I wont argue with the decisions against us but if you didn't see anything wrong with your lots performance than I suggest you open your eyes next time. 

Throwing punches, holding down in a professional foul manner, NUMEROUS head high tackles, taking out people off the ball, 19 leading with the elbow to take Brad Hey away from the line. And then he tries to goad the crowd by giving us a thumbs up. Well if you see him out and about give him this from us

????????????

Archived