Newcastle away

townie88

In the light of the disappointing news regarding the stadium. Thought I'd start a new thread to focus on this weekend. 

Real tough one away to the in form team. Two in from huddersfield I believe. Sam Hewitt and Oliver Russell (HB). 

To counterbalance all the negative goings on. I'll go for a close town win

Newcastle 24 - 26 Town

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a fan of DR myself but the position we are in this season i dont care where oue 17 come from as long as it puts us in a position to win the game.

Not sure if tickle will play as heard on sunday he needs an operation on his hand, hope that was just terrace rumours though. Strange to see gordon in the 19 as well, unless his ban starts next week?

12 minutes ago, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

So- no Marwood again. I really don't know why we give these young locals hope then freeze them out. I have always had plenty of time for Gary Murdock throughout his career ,both playing and coaching so I assume he had some input when we took the lad on trial?  So presumably somebody has decided he doesn't cut the mustard if he doesn't even make the bench ?

17 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

So- no Marwood again. I really don't know why we give these young locals hope then freeze them out. I have always had plenty of time for Gary Murdock throughout his career ,both playing and coaching so I assume he had some input when we took the lad on trial?  So presumably somebody has decided he doesn't cut the mustard if he doesn't even make the bench ?

Dear me, ask the lad himself if he feels like he's been frozen out see what his reaction is.

15 minutes ago, Town Army said:

Dear me, ask the lad himself if he feels like he's been frozen out see what his reaction is.

How else would you explain taking him on a months trial then giving him negligible minutes to show his worth ? If it's been decided not to persevere with his trial then let us know. Personally I was looking forward to seeing Blain in the shirt that his Dad wore with such distinction - by all accounts from those that have actually seen him perform he is a chip off  the old block. Contacting the lad and seeking his reaction is hardly the sane avenue for any mere supporter to go down!     Dear me indeed.........

1 hour ago, Seaton Sandy said:

How else would you explain taking him on a months trial then giving him negligible minutes to show his worth ? If it's been decided not to persevere with his trial then let us know. Personally I was looking forward to seeing Blain in the shirt that his Dad wore with such distinction - by all accounts from those that have actually seen him perform he is a chip off  the old block. Contacting the lad and seeking his reaction is hardly the sane avenue for any mere supporter to go down!     Dear me indeed.........

On trial means on trial, it means we'll take a look at you and you take a look at us. Doesn't mean lets guarantee Blain 4 matches to prove himself. If he's good enough he will come through, from what I'm led to believe the current camp is very inclusive as opposed to previous coaching set up who didn't really want or talk to lads coming in. 

Whatever happens I'd imagine Blain will be learning, improving and be better fir working with an SL quality coach. 

1 hour ago, BlueVintheblood said:

On trial means on trial, it means we'll take a look at you and you take a look at us. Doesn't mean lets guarantee Blain 4 matches to prove himself. If he's good enough he will come through, from what I'm led to believe the current camp is very inclusive as opposed to previous coaching set up who didn't really want or talk to lads coming in. 

Whatever happens I'd imagine Blain will be learning, improving and be better fir working with an SL quality coach. 

His "trial"period was up a while ago so presumably you can confirm that it has been extended and he is still training on a regular basis with Town?  

11 hours ago, Town utd said:

If Blain's out like deano,he will be fighting for a town shirt before so long?

Plenty of time for the kid, if he is half as good as his old fella he will walk into this team when his time comes

7 minutes ago, Town utd said:

Problem is no A team,so can only pick 17,rfl should let local lads sign for town ,then if not picked can play for there amateur clubs ?

They can do that just not with NCL teams as the league wont allow it.

Whitehaven have at least 2 players in Jake Bradley and Jordan Thompson who when not in the 19 play for Hensingham but they can only play for the A team in the Cumbria mens league.

If Blain signs for town he will have to play for Barrow Island A in the barrow league when not selected by town, so im sure that is something he will have to consider before signing for us.

19 hours ago, Town utd said:

If Blain's out like deano,he will be fighting for a town shirt before so long?

Plenty of time for the kid, if he is half as good as his old fella he will walk into this team when his time comes

Archived