Newcastle away

townie88

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Davo5 said:

They have strengthened their team with some good signings lately though.

They have marra and what they have recruited are good they are backed to the tilt and have said that they must gain promotion this year, what would town or Haven  do for a wealthy backer, we were pants today, mistakes and poor tackling and on go forward at all, 3 buses of supporters and that's the crying shame, if we could put a decent package on the park the future would be great. 

1 minute ago, town2018 said:

Well think it’s about time we get rid off these big earners who arnt performing and start building a team for next year 

Don't think it's gonna happen this season but, our squad will be massively different come the start of next season

Just now, Town Army said:

Don't think it's gonna happen this season but, our squad will be massively different come the start of next season

We shouldn’t leave it that late to fetch the top locals around here in fetch them in now to gain experience for next year 

2 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Well think it’s about time we get rid off these big earners who arnt performing and start building a team for next year 

Definitely. I went to my first game in months last week and saw a few players just picking up a wage packet. 

I’ll get slated on here if I name some of them as there’s rose tinted glasses when it comes to some of them but I think it’s time some started earning their money rather than just turning up and getting it.

4 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

Definitely. And save some money in the process.

Won’t save any money it’d cost more. You’d have to pay up the contracts of those you release and then have the wages of new recruits on top.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1 minute ago, Derwent said:

Won’t save any money it’d cost more. You’d have to pay up the contracts of those you release and then have the wages of new recruits on top.

We’re wasting money by paying these top earners anyway so get rid and build for next season unless we’re back to square 1 next season having players with very little experience 

2 minutes ago, town2018 said:

We’re wasting money by paying these top earners anyway so get rid and build for next season unless we’re back to square 1 next season having players with very little experience 

Simply can’t afford to get rid and build for next season. As Derwent pointed out you’d still have to pay current contracts AND pay any new players.

12 minutes ago, town2018 said:

We shouldn’t leave it that late to fetch the top locals around here in fetch them in now to gain experience for next year 

With Wath Brow & Egremont looking to make the playoffs,Kells battling to avoid relegation you'll struggle to persuade players from those clubs to sign,especially with an upcoming tour to NZ at the end of the season,although I know the incoming coach will be already talking to some of these players for next season.

Just now, Davo5 said:

With Wath Brow & Egremont looking to make the playoffs,Kells battling to avoid relegation you'll struggle to persuade players from those clubs to sign,especially with an upcoming tour to NZ at the end of the season,although I know the incoming coach will be already talking to some of these players for next season.

Itl be even harder to sign these top locals whilst having the top earners still in the squad because they won’t get the game time the want 

We are so slow and lethargic and got ripped apart by Newcastle's 6&7 constantly. Apart from Perry Singleton the whole team was garbage today. Was Bolton injured today? I dont see how Wellington is getting his place over Tyler Lancaster 

I don't know where this influx of top locals is coming from given the well known reluctance to sign by so many. Hardly surprising given the way some have been treated in recent times. I could name a few but would no doubt get shot down in flames if I did.  I suppose the predicted arrival of a respected local coach might improve the chances of recruitment but for this season forget it.  

14 minutes ago, Townie89 said:

We are so slow and lethargic and got ripped apart by Newcastle's 6&7 constantly. Apart from Perry Singleton the whole team was garbage today. Was Bolton injured today? I dont see how Wellington is getting his place over Tyler Lancaster 

There 6 and 7 cut us to ribbons like you say, Russ was in the 19 and was training pre match just wasn't picked, Chris went with Walsh instead. 

Amateurs are not just waiting for town to knock you know, our track record with locals over the last few seasons as got some of them saying not a chance! Marwood being a prime example Scott rooke another. I said right after leon went penky wanted away and his body language suggests he hasn't changed his mind, jamie doran is 2 stone over weight I mean he's a semi pro for god sake. From favourites for the league to not making the play offs ?

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Shocking doesnt come near. I can see that it does mean something to the lads when they go behin on game day, but does it mean anything to then through the week? E.g training, diet, looking after themselves? Because from my point of view we look like a pub team. Unfit, slow and disjointed.

When you just look at the two sides today. Newcastle looked like athletes. They looked like professionals. Our lot look like a half squeezed tube of toothpaste! 

To many times today Newcastle broke the line with with ease. The faintest of side steps left our lads grabbing fresh air. Were their jerseys coated in vaseline? 

Although the players deserve most of the flack. Thorman must also take a bit of the blame. Yes he comes across well and is a true gent. But for some reason his coaching isn't sinking in? We were meant to have worked on defence for weeks! ? and poor Walsh wont be seeing a Jersey for a while I think. His performance was up there with Passy Flynn at whitehaven away a few years ago 

Finally I must give credit to Newcastle who were very clinical! Two really sharp halves (who's passing puts ours to shame). And number 11, Matty Wright is far to good for this level. Fancy Newcastle to go all the way on that showing.

Think I'll give myself a few sundays off for the time being

Why are people on here going on about locals, by that I mean W. Cumbria, can you name any who have really made a difference recently God knows plenty have been given chance. All the successful teams Town (the lancs cup winning team maybe the exception) have had have been a mixture of imports, travellers and talented locals. Try and fill the team with locals only and we will be competing with the likes of W. Wales and Coventry for the wooden spoon.

4 minutes ago, town blue said:

Why are people on here going on about locals, by that I mean W. Cumbria, can you name any who have really made a difference recently God knows plenty have been given chance. All the successful teams Town (the lancs cup winning team maybe the exception) have had have been a mixture of imports, travellers and talented locals. Try and fill the team with locals only and we will be competing with the likes of W. Wales and Coventry for the wooden spoon.

Isn't there a predominantly local based team sitting on top of the table ?

9 minutes ago, town blue said:

We had a mainly local team last season and just missed out on promotion then let a good part off that team move on now 3 or 4 off that team are sitting top off the league

1 minute ago, town blue said:

Don't think anybody is advocating a side made up of only locals. Our great teams of the past have been  built on the best available locals leavened with a few quality travellers and not least one or two from the Anzac/ Pacific region. Not just the Lancashire Cup winning side either.   As for this year's Wooden spoon on recent showings we're still in with a shout.      

Archived