Newcastle away

townie88

1 minute ago, Chrome Dome said:

Location: Workington.........Havenfan?........tut, tut, shame on you.

I live in Workington and support haven yea can I not make a comment it's a forum pal is it not? 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Havenfan13 said:

I live in Workington and support haven yea can I not make a comment it's a forum pal is it not? 

Yep it is...you can.......and like you said, sort of, Newcastle are going to hard to beat for the remainder of this season.

By the way..........I live in White heaven marra, ha.

Although I'd like to see as many local lads as possible. A complete local side may be able to compete at the top end of this division. However, if it gained promotion, they wouldn't be good enough to stay there without imports from away or abroad. 

2 minutes ago, Chrome Dome said:

Yep it is...you can.......and like you said, sort of, Newcastle are going to hard to beat for the remainder of this season.

By the way..........I live in White heaven marra, ha.

If Newcastle had the squad they have now that both town and haven have faced in recent weeks they would be clear top very very hard to beat now just their pace through the team is frightening 

44 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

I suppose the predicted arrival of a respected local coach might improve the chances of recruitment but for this season forget it.  

You mean the one stood watching Towns two matches at Borough Park...? Guess he might think twice now?

2 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

If Newcastle had the squad they have now that both town and haven have faced in recent weeks they would be clear top very very hard to beat now just their pace through the team is frightening 

But will they survive in a higher Div. with the poor crowds they get?  BTW what was today's ?

But will they survive in a higher Div. with the poor crowds they get?  BTW what was today's ?

1077 not too bad but considering the size of the city and area suppose yea it's quite poor 

They will strengthen the team with Kurdi's continued backing if they get promoted and they seem to be getting their academy up to speed,haven't they been slowly building their support ?

11 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

1077 not too bad but considering the size of the city and area suppose yea it's quite poor 

1077!!! Was there? To be honest. It looked no more than 6 ot 700. There seemed to be more town fans the Newcastle 

1 minute ago, Havenfan13 said:

Pretty healthy judged by attendances elsewhere in this league ,including the "heartlands." Also a football obsessed City where ,in their previous guise, admittedly on the other side of the river, they struggled to top 150 speccies.  They also play in a quality stadium underpinned by the Falcons and I believe promotion would attract more converts from the punt and grunt support.  

To be honest I'm envious!

l

1 minute ago, townie88 said:

1077!!! Was there? To be honest. It looked no more than 6 ot 700. There seemed to be more town fans the Newcastle 

Yea I thought the same when we went the other week mate 

Very handy side whenever we’ve seen them . Struggle getting over them here . One thing they have is pace in key areas ... halves , fullback and threat out wide . No substitute for pace in a side .

oh and Matthew Wright should be too good for this league coming from cronulla and the cowboys 

They’re a club going places they’ve the complete player pathway a rich backer and the stadium and facilities 

Unfortunately as a team we’ve gone back wards this season and it’s hard to see how we can claw it back but hey we’re Town fans this is nothing new and still we will back the team until better times return 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Very good team Newcastle, they be team I would put my money on to win league,halfbacks too quick and that new lad awesome .and missing was  speedster Lewis young . Back to town team. We not a bad team overnight. We have lacked pace in backs all season, as seen today.in half backs fober n Doran have  an understanding working together(like all last year).my opinion had different combinations last couple of games(forced due to injury etc) not been working to good, but defence not been good either.Be hard game next week at north wales they seemed to have turned a corner, still think we make playoffs at expense of London? Couple injuries today hope Calvin n Ryan who was helped off field ok. Utt

3 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

They’re a club going places they’ve the complete player pathway a rich backer and the stadium and facilities 

Unfortunately as a team we’ve gone back wards this season and it’s hard to see how we can claw it back but hey we’re Town fans this is nothing new and still we will back the team until better times return 

Workington false dawns it's in our DNA sadly ?

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

7 minutes ago, David69 said:

Very good team Newcastle, they be team I would put my money on to win league,halfbacks too quick and that new lad awesome .and missing was  speedster Lewis young . Back to town team. We not a bad team overnight. We have lacked pace in backs all season, as seen today.in half backs fober n Doran have  an understanding working together(like all last year).my opinion had different combinations last couple of games(forced due to injury etc) not been working to good, but defence not been good either.Be hard game next week at north wales they seemed to have turned a corner, still think we make playoffs at expense of London? Couple injuries today hope Calvin n Ryan who was helped off field ok. Utt

Yeh their team is really strong with the recruits they’ve got . Gill from Cas in loan who was great when they were here with Wright in the centre , talaupapa of course who’s rock solid , and a half from hull kr , and Lewis young not playing who’s lethal nor marginet 

That wound up about the performance I forgot about Fieldhouse. Hope hes ok. Poor lad needs a break (no pun intended). Massivly miss olstrum and barnes. 

Missing olstrum, barnes and Miller massively. Coincidentally, probably the 3 fittest lads at the club!

51 minutes ago, townie88 said:

I agree, their never looked over a thousand today and we took a few through 3 buses and people in cars as well, got to say how good the ground is, suppose we can look forward to 3 bus shelters and name it the Jenkinson stadium now that clown has got his way. Just a thought why don't they organise a heavy weight fight night on the Reds ground between Jenkinson and Fryer, now that would pack them in!! 

25 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

I agree, their never looked over a thousand today and we took a few through 3 buses and people in cars as well, got to say how good the ground is, suppose we can look forward to 3 bus shelters and name it the Jenkinson stadium now that clown has got his way. Just a thought why don't they organise a heavy weight fight night on the Reds ground between Jenkinson and Fryer, now that would pack them in!! 

Brilliant idea based on it's a knockout rules where they are both perched on a log, knocking seven bells out of each other with sacks full of xxxxxx (leave to your imagination).

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Isn't there a predominantly local based team sitting on top of the table ?

Yes but they wouldn't cope in the championship. They would have to bring in about 6 travellers who wont train all week and still get picked over locals who then get hacked off and walk. 

Archived