Newcastle away

townie88

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, yanto said:

Serious looking in from the Netherlands week in week out this just gets more and more depressing ? Are we that bad ??

The players are better than the results suggest Yanto,  It has to be a motivation issue for me, has been apparent all season that this squad is not firing on all cylinders, but  2 coaches and 2 directors of football later and we are still in same place??

Very worrying mate.

14 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

1077 not too bad but considering the size of the city and area suppose yea it's quite poor 

1077? I wasn't there but last season they announced the crowd as  600 and there can't have been more than a hundred thunder fans in there. We took 3 coaches so probably had a couple of hundred there with those travelling in cars. I was amazed when they gave out the attendance. They destroyed us that day as well, they deserve better support and so do haven. 

Now lost 7 and won 6 and more than likely it will be 8 and 6 after next week, who would have imagined that after winning at Oldham in the first game. I think we have a proven class coach and some very good players but something isn't right, I honestly thought things would improve after Leon departed but sadly they haven't. Team spirit and morale are essential in any winning team you only have to look at the haven team to see that, it's been said on here before that most of us at the start of the season would only have swapped a couple of their players for ours but not now. Were we bothered about losing Coward and Mossop to them? Absolutely not but they are both playing out of their skins for Charlo. Motivation, pride, confidence and spirit are in abundance down the road but sadly lacking here. It's been a bad few days for the club but we need to back them more than ever. UTT 

I don't think any team in our league would have lived with Newcastle on that performance. They were agile, fast, keen & well coached. We seemed to start brightly enough, but we struggled in the outside backs & their first try looked like a well worked set piece in the corner. Their second try was an interception against the run of play in their 20. It looked like their tails came up & our heads dropped. We seem to be missing real speed in the backs at the min. Having no backs on the bench didn't do us any favours when Ryan got injured & the already stretched backs had to reshuffle. We need Forber & Miller (& possibly Fieldhouse) back asap for any hope of a playoff place. UTT!

Absolutely. We’ve lacked pace in the outside backs all season largely through injury which has bedevilled the team all season. We had a new half back pairing again. Start of the game we lose our full back and most naturally gifted attacking player. Who went on the wing to replace Mellor? The other wing is clearly out of his depth and as a result we gift some very soft tries. You’d have to be superhuman for heads not to drop a bit? How were we seriously ever going to win that game? 

This result was no surprise to me and like last week it would seem going by some of those that were at the game that too many players are not interested.

Thorman say's in his summary that the performance was not good enough and too many players scoring 5 or less out of 10 for effort.Crusaders next week will also be a tough game and them beating Haven at the Rec shows they cannot be taken lightly.Defeat next week will surely end the play off hopes as we still have Haven and Hunslet away and Doncaster at home who will all beat us on the present performances.

From what I have seen this season apart from Newcastle any team going up into the Championship will need to have a massive investment and recruitment of quality players to stand a chance of staying up there.

With a new Canadian team due into league 1 being followed by a possible American one and no doubt both will have money to splash like Toronto did then we could be in this division for quite some time to come.

6 minutes ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

This result was no surprise to me and like last week it would seem going by some of those that were at the game that too many players are not interested.

Thorman say's in his summary that the performance was not good enough and too many players scoring 5 or less out of 10 for effort.Crusaders next week will also be a tough game and them beating Haven at the Rec shows they cannot be taken lightly.Defeat next week will surely end the play off hopes as we still have Haven and Hunslet away and Doncaster at home who will all beat us on the present performances.

From what I have seen this season apart from Newcastle any team going up into the Championship will need to have a massive investment and recruitment of quality players to stand a chance of staying up there.

With a new Canadian team due into league 1 being followed by a possible American one and no doubt both will have money to splash like Toronto did then we could be in this division for quite some time to come.

Think u will beat them on Sunday haven were not at the races and produced a shocking performance so don't look into that they wer a handy side but I exspect town to win as we should have 

It's pretty much the same squad as last year but without the same snap. The three who went up the road were hardly star performers for us. The lack of go forward is the biggest area for me, last year Ollie was on form, Fui was busting the line , Dickinson was charging forward, Olstrum doing his thing and Caine in his proper position..that hasn't happened this year. Add to that an unfit looking Doran and Penky not being able to jump out of dummy half like he was it's easy to see why it hasn't clicked. Then take Miller , Fieldhouse and Mellor out for long spells and it all adds up to a rank bad season. Having said that there's no excuses for the appalling handling and sloppy defence of the last two weeks.  

1 hour ago, Cumberland Sausage said:

Like everyone else I'm desperate to get out of this league but to go up without a solid structure would be a disaster. IMO only Newcastle have the playing structure and financial clout to survive in the championship. Championship 1 is improving every year.and hopefully the gap in class between the 2 divisions will get smaller and promoted teams will have more chance of survival. I'm confident we would be pulling in over a thousand every game if we were up there challenging this season but I would imagine crowds would be down to less than 500 if we were struggling in the championship. What sort of crowds do Rochdale. Swinton Batley get? Poor ones I would imagine. 

The stats tell us all we need to know about this season .Haven sit top , but we have scored 59 more points than them ......But we have let  130 points more in.......very simply we can`t tackle . Question , we have all seen Mossop , Forrester , Callum , Shacks , Newton , Chris Coward ,Moore and Brett Phillips play often enough , what have they all got in common ?   They work hard and tackle , and that takes you 90% there as a Team .

2 hours ago, ivans82 said:

The stats tell us all we need to know about this season .Haven sit top , but we have scored 59 more points than them ......But we have let  130 points more in.......very simply we can`t tackle . Question , we have all seen Mossop , Forrester , Callum , Shacks , Newton , Chris Coward ,Moore and Brett Phillips play often enough , what have they all got in common ?   They work hard and tackle , and that takes you 90% there as a Team .

exactly what Freddie Fittler said after origin 1, effort takes you a long way in this game

51 minutes ago, Route66 said:

Let's hope Newcastle go up as champions now as they will be unstoppable if in the playoffs 

Different side away from home pal but still very good 

3 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

It's pretty much the same squad as last year but without the same snap. The three who went up the road were hardly star performers for us. The lack of go forward is the biggest area for me, last year Ollie was on form, Fui was busting the line , Dickinson was charging forward, Olstrum doing his thing and Caine in his proper position..that hasn't happened this year. Add to that an unfit looking Doran and Penky not being able to jump out of dummy half like he was it's easy to see why it hasn't clicked. Then take Miller , Fieldhouse and Mellor out for long spells and it all adds up to a rank bad season. Having said that there's no excuses for the appalling handling and sloppy defence of the last two weeks.  

On the subject of an unfit Doran, a Thunder fan asked me yesterday why we had a prop playing at stand off ! He was asking in all seriousness too.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

What are embarrassing reactions ? We’re way past ‘ hard luck ‘ , ‘ on to the next game ‘ , up the town etc etc . It’s been embarrassing performances more like , that fans are rightly calling . This season has been one almighty struggle of underachievement . Maybe this guy who was on the inside knows something just ain’t right and is a deeper than a change of coach ? We’ve never for some reason played anything like the sum of our parts

46 minutes ago, Derwent said:

On the subject of an unfit Doran, a Thunder fan asked me yesterday why we had a prop playing at stand off ! He was asking in all seriousness too.

Yep- Jamie grows more like Stevie Pitchford every week!  (A reference for oldies!). 

5 minutes ago, Havenwarrior said:

Maybe a John Glover, biggest centre we had at Haven, never ran at a prop, and we payed £20000 for him.

HW

Sounds a bit like Mark Lord . A big money flop

3 hours ago, Derwent said:

Bearing in mind this is our vice captain, it's not really inspiring is it ? last year when he was fit he could turn a game on it's head,he never stopped running and broke loads of tackles. That's just one player add a few more that's been disappointing over the season and you start to understand where we are at.

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

1 hour ago, anok4u said:

Bearing in mind this is our vice captain, it's not really inspiring is it ? last year when he was fit he could turn a game on it's head,he never stopped running and broke loads of tackles. That's just one player add a few more that's been disappointing over the season and you start to understand where we are at.

For all Pryce’s faults he had Doran firing last season. This season it changed. If he didn’t want to learn from one of the best players the country has produced recently then it says more about the player than the coach and certainly wouldn’t have helped Leon’s position in terms of results.

He was overweight in a Superleague environment so I’m not sure why anyone’s so shocked. 

Craig was dismissed along with Leon so you can understand him being a tad bitter, from what I've heard the rot set in before the season started and got worse the longer it went on. Players not training and no coach there half the time, ithe BOD had no option but to let him go. Unfortunately performances aren't much better. 

5 hours ago, DavidM said:

What are embarrassing reactions ? We’re way past ‘ hard luck ‘ , ‘ on to the next game ‘ , up the town etc etc . It’s been embarrassing performances more like , that fans are rightly calling . This season has been one almighty struggle of underachievement . Maybe this guy who was on the inside knows something just ain’t right and is a deeper than a change of coach ? We’ve never for some reason played anything like the sum of our parts

What was it John Kear said last season when we won at Bradford......think it was a reference to something like we had won by "old manning' them....so here we are with most of the same old men, but of course now a year older,...things seem to have altered in tandem with time e.g. bad passing, awful defence, no pace, no enthusiasm........................hmmmm..... what say you now about us John?????.......edit...forgot to add UTT.

8 hours ago, ivans82 said:

We have 2 or 3 who can't tackle and one's a winger way out of his depth and a liability, Mark Rooke is far better IMO,. 

Archived