Newcastle away

townie88

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

We have 2 or 3 who can't tackle and one's a winger way out of his depth and a liability, Mark Rooke is far better IMO,. 

Hard to disagree, Its Scott Rooke by the way

9 hours ago, Town utd said:

Russ Bolton should have played,needs a center inside him who will pass the ball to the wing.and a full back who what's to work in attack and wants to defend.also Lancaster most get a game this week.

Not sure if he is any better to be fair

20 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Not sure if he is any better to be fair

I think he hasn't made a mistake of any significance and is considerably quicker than Rooke & Walsh. 

A good quality considering how easy our line gets broken, he's made 2/3 recovery tackles through his pace alone. 

4 hours ago, BlueVintheblood said:

I think he hasn't made a mistake of any significance and is considerably quicker than Rooke & Walsh. 

A good quality considering how easy our line gets broken, he's made 2/3 recovery tackles through his pace alone. 

Referring to the include Lancaster suggestion mate, not Russ.

Not sure if he is that much quicker than Scott but much better in defence 

39 minutes ago, Brookie said:

But Rooke is a finisher. Can't see why they dropped him

Scott is quick ,game as a pebble, and knows where the try line is. He can- and has - played fullback when asked. There must be a reason why we disaffect such young locals while bringing in mediocre players from far and wide?  I don't believe Kieran Mewse was given a fair crack either- I think his confidence was badly affected when Clark hooked him after a couple of nervous errors very early on in a game. The Seaton Guru tells me he is back at Seaton and performing well--- even going into the second row with credit. These lads grew up in the vicinity of a Club with a formidable history and pulling on the blue and white means so much more to them than draftees playing only for the money. 

24 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Scott is quick ,game as a pebble, and knows where the try line is. He can- and has - played fullback when asked. There must be a reason why we disaffect such young locals while bringing in mediocre players from far and wide?  I don't believe Kieran Mewse was given a fair crack either- I think his confidence was badly affected when Clark hooked him after a couple of nervous errors very early on in a game. The Seaton Guru tells me he is back at Seaton and performing well--- even going into the second row with credit. These lads grew up in the vicinity of a Club with a formidable history and pulling on the blue and white means so much more to them than draftees playing only for the money. 

He's had some issues and wasn't training because of it (it was all over his Facebook.) Back training now by all accounts. Also, are you really saying locals don't play for the money ?  

It must be nice for people to be bagging individual players on here (then probably sharing mental health memes on Facebook.) Forber on holiday for 2 weeks hasn't helped and he's from up Seaton isn't he? 

2 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

He's had some issues and wasn't training because of it (it was all over his Facebook.) Back training now by all accounts. Also, are you really saying locals don't play for the money ?  

It must be nice for people to be bagging individual players on here (then probably sharing mental health memes on Facebook.) Forber on holiday for 2 weeks hasn't helped and he's from up Seaton isn't he? 

You have an advantage over me there --- I don't spend my time trawling through individuals' Facebook ,Tweets or other soshul meeja confidences. As per usual your warped take on genuine posts leads you to misinterpret my opinion that local lads have an added incentive over travelling journeymen in seeking the jersey as well as the wage. Your reference to mental health issues marks you out as the toxic individual that others on here have identified previously. To put the boot into one of our greatest clubmen and everpresent points machines for taking time off for his brother's wedding and a catch of breath after more than 10 years of unstinting service to the Town cause is unforgivable. I imagine you could quite easily crawl under a snake without taking your top hat off. 

43 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

You have an advantage over me there --- I don't spend my time trawling through individuals' Facebook ,Tweets or other soshul meeja confidences. As per usual your warped take on genuine posts leads you to misinterpret my opinion that local lads have an added incentive over travelling journeymen in seeking the jersey as well as the wage. Your reference to mental health issues marks you out as the toxic individual that others on here have identified previously. To put the boot into one of our greatest clubmen and everpresent points machines for taking time off for his brother's wedding and a catch of breath after more than 10 years of unstinting service to the Town cause is unforgivable. I imagine you could quite easily crawl under a snake without taking your top hat off. 

But why is the club telling bare faced lies about Carl being injured.  If a fella has to have time of for a good reason fans will understand?

46 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

I'm sticking up for players who have every performance, weight etc analysed on here and how it could affect their mental health. How is that toxic? I wasn't putting the boot into Forber, just saying that you can't say locals just play for the shirt. It's a gross generalisation. What's a top hat? 

20 minutes ago, Bearintown said:

But why is the club telling bare faced lies about Carl being injured.  If a fella has to have time of for a good reason fans will understand?

In fairness to the club don’t think they mentioned injury, just unavailable on their squad news. 

11 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

I'm sticking up for players who have every performance, weight etc analysed on here and how it could affect their mental health. How is that toxic? I wasn't putting the boot into Forber, just saying that you can't say locals just play for the shirt. It's a gross generalisation. What's a top hat? 

You have all the credibility of Boris Johnson. The day you "stick up" for any player will be the first. Your flippant reference to Scotty "having issues" ignores the fact that the kid was so badly injured in a derby match at the wreck that he had to be blue-lighted across to the RVI in Newcastle and for an agonizing time for his family his health hung in the balance. For him to come back with all the commitment and enthusiasm was ,to most observers , remarkable. Eerily you remind me of another  ex contributor to this forum who's posts showed little evidence of first hand observation of actual games. Where do you watch from--- the popular end??

4 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

You have all the credibility of Boris Johnson. The day you "stick up" for any player will be the first. Your flippant reference to Scotty "having issues" ignores the fact that the kid was so badly injured in a derby match at the wreck that he had to be blue-lighted across to the RVI in Newcastle and for an agonizing time for his family his health hung in the balance. For him to come back with all the commitment and enthusiasm was ,to most observers , remarkable. Eerily you remind me of another  ex contributor to this forum who's posts showed little evidence of first hand observation of actual games. Where do you watch from--- the popular end??

4 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

it wasn't flippant whatsoever.  By the way i would play him. I watch from over the fence at the northside end. Who's Boris Johnson?

40 minutes ago, Bearintown said:

Club has said he's unavailable for the last two games on the website. Where's the bare faced lies?

3 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

To put the boot into one of our greatest clubmen and ever present points machines for taking time off for his brother's wedding and a catch of breath

Blimey.. two weeks for Brothers wedding.......................catch of breath....so did he.....oh never mind.... I wont ask lol

2 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

Club has said he's unavailable for the last two games on the website. Where's the bare faced lies?

Ok that was wrong, but its hardly telling the whole truth either.

And isnt it true that earlier when we had only 14 players, three players were on hols -all authorized  by Leon before he left? Were they down as unavailable as well?

Point is why keep a secret when  everyone who knows someone gets to know anyways!

7 minutes ago, Bearintown said:

And isnt it true that earlier when we had only 14 players, three players were on hols -all authorized  by Leon before he left? Were they down as unavailable as well?

Point is why keep a secret when  everyone who knows someone gets to know anyways!

I think unavailable is sufficient, just because they are players doesn't mean we are entitled to know the full goings on in their lives. If Carl chooses to tell folk why he hasnt played then fine thats upto him. 

But what if it was a serious health scare? Are we entitled to know that? Personally i wouldn't want my business put out all over the place. 

Etc etc. Unavailable is unavailable, injured then fine, a regular update will suffice for me. 

31 minutes ago, Bearintown said:

What exactly do you think that you're entitled to know??

You sound like you're bitter that you weren't invited to the wedding!

Or was his brother marrying your ex girlfriend?? 

As if the defeat wasn’t enough sounds like Fieldhouse has a serious knee injury and Wilkes and wellington doubtful for this week. Although we never seem to do ourselves any favours the injury gods don’t seem to like us! 

37 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Didn’t take long for the old issue of players training to bite Thorman as well. Really is no good if you’re not preparing to the full

Exactly David, you can have all the talent in the world but you still have to give 100% if not it's the difference between winning and losing...maybe having a local coach next season he'll know sellafield shift patterns which will determine who is genuine and whose swinging the lead ?

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Archived