Newcastle away

townie88

Anyone wondering why we are in the position we find ourselves at the moment only need to read Chris Thormans column in the News and Star tonight . Players not prioritising the games , not training hard enough and poor numbers at training . Very sad when he says "We haven`t trained hard enough to win the last 2 games " Hardly sounds like a Team busting a gut to get promotion..........and what sort of money are some of them on ?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ivans82 said:

Anyone wondering why we are in the position we find ourselves at the moment only need to read Chris Thormans column in the News and Star tonight . Players not prioritising the games , not training hard enough and poor numbers at training . Very sad when he says "We haven`t trained hard enough to win the last 2 games " Hardly sounds like a Team busting a gut to get promotion..........and what sort of money are some of them on ?

Unless there is divine intervention promotion is a distant hope. How many of the traveling players attend training regularly? If they don't then that filters down through the ranks and apathy is the result. I have to admit I don't know where we go from here if the desire to win or at least compete is lacking. It would be easy to say that certain squad members are on such good wages in their day jobs that the extra income from league one rugby is no longer an incentive to perform but looking at the local amateur scene there seems to be enthusiasm and commitment in abundance. Damage limitation seems to be the default position now after the aura of promotion favourites has evaporated. 

17 minutes ago, havenhater said:

We couldn't get a team if we sacked anyone. Struggle to get 17 now

Yes it’s difficult . we want everyone to train , Leon said the same . You’d think as employees being paid we could compel them , it’s part of your job . But if they’re not we can’t offload them as we need them for match days , although no way can you have done a proper preparation . Be interesting to see who doesn’t turn up the most as at the season end reliability to do full training must be a basic prerequisite for being taken on and we must draw a line in the sand . It also breeds disquiet between players . It’s a basic everyone must turn up or you’re playing at weekend with one hand tied behind you’re back every Sunday , and no one should be cut any slack if you commit and sign to the club 

To release players costs money which we dont have, and not a whole lot of talent sittimg around waiting, maybe we should be asking why players appear to lack ambition but when they move on they seem to start pulling up trees,  several coaches plus  2 directors of rugby but same issues seem to surface.

Have followed town for over 50 years home and away through the good and the bad times, always been happy if team performed to their best irrespective of result but starting to get really concerned with this  alleged apathy 

1 minute ago, Onreport said:

apathy

I’ve just used that word myself in a post , and if anything that’s the worst thing . It’s often a sign of discontent beyond the playing arena , which is concerning 

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’ve just used that word myself in a post , and if anything that’s the worst thing . It’s often a sign of discontent beyond the playing arena , which is concerning 

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

My point exactly mate

I am struggling to understand where Gary Murdock stands in the midst of this meltdown. His standing in the Rugby League community is watertight both as a player and coach and I really expected sea changes when he joined up with Town again. I even used to make the trek from Carlisle to Maryport to watch the sides that he coached with such success including a supremely entertaining West Cumbrian representative outfit that were a joy to watch. 

We invested heavily this season on what leon wanted and gave him it all and sign work out. Thorman is trying his best to sort it out but unless we miraculously go unbeaten all season from now it's been an embarrassment in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

I am struggling to understand where Gary Murdock stands in the midst of this meltdown. His standing in the Rugby League community is watertight both as a player and coach and I really expected sea changes when he joined up with Town again. I even used to make the trek from Carlisle to Maryport to watch the sides that he coached with such success including a supremely entertaining West Cumbrian representative outfit that were a joy to watch. 

Hard to tell but in fairness we have gone backwards since he came in, not saying its down to him but worrying times

1 hour ago, TOWNSTRIP13 said:

I've heard six forwards leaving end of season. Looks like we are in this division for a while, 

Names? Source? Brothers best mates wifes uncles step brother

22 minutes ago, Town utd said:

If a player does not train, surely a player is in breach of contract so you can get rid, so contract money becomes available for others?

Wish it was that simple !  Fifita and Horton came of the Quantas flight like competitors in a three legged race and milked their contracts for a financial eternity. 

2 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Unless there is divine intervention promotion is a distant hope. How many of the traveling players attend training regularly? If they don't then that filters down through the ranks and apathy is the result. I have to admit I don't know where we go from here if the desire to win or at least compete is lacking. It would be easy to say that certain squad members are on such good wages in their day jobs that the extra income from league one rugby is no longer an incentive to perform but looking at the local amateur scene there seems to be enthusiasm and commitment in abundance. Damage limitation seems to be the default position now after the aura of promotion favourites has evaporated. 

As I understand it, its the locals who don't train regular

5 minutes ago, Town utd said:

If a player is injured playing or training for town,then you have to honour his contact,but if there not turning up for training ,then playing on a weekend u must have a case for breach of contract?

Both the aforementioned pot hosses arrived as "faulty in transit"but we still couldn't get shot .

Archived