Newcastle away

townie88

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, donald said:

5 of the 6 forwards are pretty simple to name wilkes penky moimoi tickle and hopkins

I reckon that would save a bob or 2. I’d consider getting rid now where possible. Although to be fair tickle played quite well prior to his injury.

3 minutes ago, donald said:

5 of the 6 forwards are pretty simple to name wilkes penky moimoi tickle and hopkins

10 hours ago, Town utd said:

If a player does not train, surely a player is in breach of contract so you can get rid, so contract money becomes available for others?

depends on what is in contact I guess, don't forget these guys are are part time employees

13 hours ago, TOWNSTRIP13 said:

I've heard six forwards leaving end of season. Looks like we are in this division for a while, 

Why would that then equate to us being in this league for a while, if its true then surely a view like that would depend on any potential replacements. 

Gary Murdoch came in after the budget had been used on the players that he Inherited . if you get rid of players on contracts you have to pay them up .So unless the board found some more money to get players in .we are stuck with what we've got . Wait till the end of next season to judge someone, when he as worked with the Coach from the start of the Season and put the team together .  

Being realistic most of the players mentioned heading for the door are coming to the end of their careers so it is probably true IMO. Yet another rebuild job in prospect for the next couple of seasons and the merry go round starts again with rumour and counter rumour of which players will change the town blue for the haven choc/gold and vice versa. This is getting all too predictable and tiresome I would like a fresh start and a change in culture at the club e.g. be more professional both on and off the pitch.  On the playing front the team should be built around our younger talented players such as Scholey, Dawson, Curwen, Maudling, etc.

On 02/07/2019 at 19:45, GentlemanJim said:

it wasn't flippant whatsoever.  By the way i would play him. I watch from over the fence at the northside end. Who's Boris Johnson?

You still carrying that crate around Jim ?

On 03/07/2019 at 23:11, Seaton Sandy said:

Both the aforementioned pot hosses arrived as "faulty in transit"but we still couldn't get shot .

To be fair to Horton, that was a sublime inside pass for the winning try against haven at Blackpool. Worth every penny ?

Archived