Ok here goes.

Carney - Think he is ok to be fair

Wells - Yes like him

Tez & Baz - I know a lot dont like them, I think they are ok.

Frasier Dainton - Pay him double, triple to keep Austin Powers off, she is shocking.

Bill - Keeps getting players mixed up, obviously learnt it from Eddie

On a side note, thought Sean Long was good

3 minutes ago, rooster2003 said:

On a side note, thought Sean Long was good

Sean Long has no role in Rugby League. He has left the sport and is employed in a direct competitor. It is a bad look to have someone who thinks the grass is greener elsewhere in the Sky presentation.

1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

Bill Arthur has a problem identifying  between Grace, Niquama, and Pyrioux, wonder why that is?

The Grace and Niquama one annoys me as they play on opposite sides. He was getting Knowles and Lees mixed up tonight.  

Dont mind Bill Arthur and at least Sky rotate the commentators now,which I've always argued for.However Bill,we can all read the graphics of the scores in the bottom right hand corner,you dont have to constantly read them out.If you haven't got anything useful to say,shut up.

Frasier Dainton is a major plus,Powers Tez and Baz are pure disasters.The minimum I expect of a professional broadcaster is the ability to speak.Tony Rae for the two idiots would be good.

29 minutes ago, cookey said:

Dont mind Bill Arthur and at least Sky rotate the commentators now,which I've always argued for.However Bill,we can all read the graphics of the scores in the bottom right hand corner,you dont have to constantly read them out.If you haven't got anything useful to say,shut up.

Frasier Dainton is a major plus,Powers Tez and Baz are pure disasters.The minimum I expect of a professional broadcaster is the ability to speak.Tony Rae for the two idiots would be good.

Dainton was excellent last night, his post match interviews were far more interesting than normal, although I didnt think he should have been asking why Walmsley had Mum written on his wrists live after a match.

Wells is fine as an analyst, but not as a commentator, and with his role at cas, should he really be an anchorman for the games principle TV coverage?

Carney is fine but loses concentration sometimes.

Fraser Dainton is a good, solid addition.

Barrie and Turry are decent blokes, they were good as a poor comedy double act on boots n all, but absolutely turrible as commentators, but are ok as analyst pundits etc, their commentary is mainly based around cliches and they struggle to put coherent sentences together.

Powers is plain awful, again, nice person, but awful in her role, she reminds me of a woman at football who doesn't really understand football who just shouts "kick it" at random moments.

I don't mind Tony Rea, I thought Kev Brown was good at magic and also impressed by Jodie Cunningham and Lois Forsell.

As for the main commentators, Arthur is just about decent, although as others have said he gets players mixed up too many times.

Ben Proe just sounds bored and really monotonous.

Rod Studd is Mr shouty but is decent as is Stuart Pyke.

Clarke says some good things but then let's himself down with some unbelievable ###### at times.

But the one main turn off for me is that they all say too much, it's constant noise, constant talking with not a right lot of substance.

12 minutes ago, meast said:

Wells is fine as an analyst, but not as a commentator, and with his role at cas, should he really be an anchorman for the games principle TV coverage?

Carney is fine but loses concentration sometimes.

Fraser Dainton is a good, solid addition.

Barrie and Turry are decent blokes, they were good as a poor comedy double act on boots n all, but absolutely turrible as commentators, but are ok as analyst pundits etc, their commentary is mainly based around cliches and they struggle to put coherent sentences together.

Powers is plain awful, again, nice person, but awful in her role, she reminds me of a woman at football who doesn't really understand football who just shouts "kick it" at random moments.

I don't mind Tony Rea, I thought Kev Brown was good at magic and also impressed by Jodie Cunningham and Lois Forsell.

As for the main commentators, Arthur is just about decent, although as others have said he gets players mixed up too many times.

Ben Proe just sounds bored and really monotonous.

Rod Studd is Mr shouty but is decent as is Stuart Pyke.

Clarke says some good things but then let's himself down with some unbelievable ###### at times.

But the one main turn off for me is that they all say too much, it's constant noise, constant talking with not a right lot of substance.

I can’t be bothered to read such long posts.

rldfsignature.jpg

2 hours ago, cookey said:

Tony Rae is far better than the Lancashire Chuckle Brothers.

3 hours ago, cookey said:

Caz, Wez, Raz, Faz, Tez, Baz and Poz.  Not fotgetting Biz and Phiz.

In the good old days all we had was Hemmo and Stevo...?

Bill Arthur is the Richie Myler of commentators. Passable in a support role but you’re in trouble if he’s the lead guy. We need better.

On a general note, I like Sky’s extended broadcast starting at 7pm with its quasi-magazine format and guests. That’s to be applauded.

Archived