Wolfpack games NOT being televised

Apparently next week's game vs. Halifax, the Aug. 17 game vs. Rochdale and the Aug. 31 game vs. Barrow from Lamport are not being televised. According to the club:

“Due to a scheduling conflict on the Toronto Wolfpack’s host broadcast network – Sky Sports - a select number of upcoming matches have been affected.

“The Wolfpack looked into changing KO times, however logistical issues mean this has not been possible, and as a result have reluctantly decided to cancel the broadcasts of three upcoming games that coincide with Catalans Dragons home broadcasts on Sky Sports.”

Very odd.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, TIWIT said:

Apparently next week's game vs. Halifax, the Aug. 17 game vs. Rochdale and the Aug. 31 game vs. Barrow from Lamport are not being televised. According to the club:

“Due to a scheduling conflict on the Toronto Wolfpack’s host broadcast network – Sky Sports - a select number of upcoming matches have been affected.

“The Wolfpack looked into changing KO times, however logistical issues mean this has not been possible, and as a result have reluctantly decided to cancel the broadcasts of three upcoming games that coincide with Catalans Dragons home broadcasts on Sky Sports.”

Very odd.

Basically Catalans is playing at the same time so they didn't want to show those games.  If you were a broadcaster, would you show a Super League game that will be very entertaining or a TWP matchup vs weaker teams that will be an absolute blow out. Considering Barrow and Rochdale are bottom of the table, not much of a loss.

1 hour ago, CanadianRugger said:

Basically Catalans is playing at the same time so they didn't want to show those games.  If you were a broadcaster, would you show a Super League game that will be very entertaining or a TWP matchup vs weaker teams that will be an absolute blow out. Considering Barrow and Rochdale are bottom of the table, not much of a loss.

Most of TWP's games are against weaker opponents.

And don't TWP pay SKY for their games to be aired? I always assumed TWP paid a local production company to produce the games and then paid Sky to air them, but if Sky won't air them then TWP won't produce them. Fine, but what about their so-called international audience? Or even their Canadian audience who see the games on GAME TV or CBC.ca.

2 hours ago, ojx said:

Cost saving now Argyle is slowly withdrawing?

I've heard that rumour, too. It seems he's fallen out with the RFL after a meeting with aliens from outer space. He is now approaching David Icke to set up an alternative competition.

4 hours ago, TIWIT said:

Don't TWP pay SKY for their games to be aired? What about their so-called international audience? 

"So called"?? Aren't they extensively watched the world over? Yes I believe they pay for their games to be shown so a little way to go before the $Multi-Million north American TV contract. Apparently (Link Ralph Rimmer on backchat) they need to wait until Ottawa get to Superleague whereby the chance of a paying NATV deal  will increase from Zero. The problem here is Ottawa have not signed any players yet for making a start in the 2020 season, Supremo Ralph Rimmer says that isn't a great issue as the parent club is such  a dynamic entity that they could swoop to sign up a squad anytime between now and into the Autumn.

3 hours ago, ojx said:

Cost saving now Argyle is slowly withdrawing?

I thought he withdrew just to let the controversy over his ill-judged remarks settle down? (Link - League express) Ralph Rimmer confirmed (Link RL backchat) that TWP will be promoted to Superleague (he praised their "10,000 crowds" and Argyle's heavy backing of the club) if they won the Championship, quoting a signed up document between the RFL and SL to that effect so now is surely not the time to bottle out as where would that leave his friend Perez?? 

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

I've heard that rumour, too.

Sauce please John? (HP, Worcester, Heinz or Kraft?) Where is your link? I am firmly told by Wellsy you have to have a link to state these things. You just cannot post this sort of stuff unless you have a link?

I have the link to where McManus states that SL cannot change the rules to allow Canadian clubs to play most of their their away games here until Easter then most of the home games in summer (Link - League weekly) , but he should have thought about that before he and his SL chairmen friends signed up with Mr. Rimmer to guarantee an SL spot for TWP if they won the Championship??

7 hours ago, TIWIT said:

Very odd.

Its still going to be broadcasted in Canada etc. Just not in the UK.

53 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Its still going to be broadcasted in Canada etc. Just not in the UK.

Is that confirmed? I think the overseas coverage is taken from the Sky feed, when these have been cancelled before it hasn't been shown in Canada.

Surely if there were cameras there Sky would just show it on Red Button like they have been doing.

TBH it is very amateur by TWP. Catalans are playing in an established slot, it was stupid to arrange a game of the same sport to clash and expect Sky to cover it. 

I really don't see how TWP couldn't have delayed kick off by 1hr. Unless I suppose Sky wanted it on a different day so they didn't have a conflict with commentators etc.

1 hour ago, The Parksider said:

"So called"?? Aren't they extensively watched the world over? Yes I believe they pay for their games to be shown so a little way to go before the $Multi-Million north American TV contract. Apparently (Link Ralph Rimmer on backchat) they need to wait until Ottawa get to Superleague whereby the chance of a paying NATV deal  will increase from Zero. The problem here is Ottawa have not signed any players yet for making a start in the 2020 season, Supremo Ralph Rimmer says that isn't a great issue as the parent club is such  a dynamic entity that they could swoop to sign up a squad anytime between now and into the Autumn.

I thought he withdrew just to let the controversy over his ill-judged remarks settle down? (Link - League express) Ralph Rimmer confirmed (Link RL backchat) that TWP will be promoted to Superleague (he praised their "10,000 crowds" and Argyle's heavy backing of the club) if they won the Championship, quoting a signed up document between the RFL and SL to that effect so now is surely not the time to bottle out as where would that leave his friend Perez?? 

Sauce please John? (HP, Worcester, Heinz or Kraft?) Where is your link? I am firmly told by Wellsy you have to have a link to state these things. You just cannot post this sort of stuff unless you have a link?

I have the link to where McManus states that SL cannot change the rules to allow Canadian clubs to play most of their their away games here until Easter then most of the home games in summer (Link - League weekly) , but he should have thought about that before he and his SL chairmen friends signed up with Mr. Rimmer to guarantee an SL spot for TWP if they won the Championship??

Here we go again.

image.jpeg

The match is sbown on Sat at 11.0o pm and several  times on Sun. They have clashed several times recently with the Toronto game on red button. I watched consecutively after recording one. I don't see why this has changed now.

3 minutes ago, bird said:

The match is sbown on Sat at 11.0o pm and several  times on Sun. They have clashed several times recently with the Toronto game on red button. I watched consecutively after recording one. I don't see why this has changed now.

I thought it had only happened the once (maybe twice) in recent weeks and this is an issue? It really is rubbish too. Other sports don't tend to schedule clashes like this.

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I thought it had only happened the once (maybe twice) in recent weeks and this is an issue? It really is rubbish too. Other sports don't tend to schedule clashes like this.

With the time difference especially it should be very easy not to have clashes.

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Its happened each time this year that they have clashed and those KO times have not changed. Of course clashes occur in sport. Its Sky thats being difficult. I certainly don't want to wait until11pm.

56 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Is that confirmed? I think the overseas coverage is taken from the Sky feed, when these have been cancelled before it hasn't been shown in Canada.

Surely if there were cameras there Sky would just show it on Red Button like they have been doing.

TBH it is very amateur by TWP. Catalans are playing in an established slot, it was stupid to arrange a game of the same sport to clash and expect Sky to cover it. 

I really don't see how TWP couldn't have delayed kick off by 1hr. Unless I suppose Sky wanted it on a different day so they didn't have a conflict with commentators etc.

On the TWP link to the story they said that so I'm taking that for what it is.

25 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

On the TWP link to the story they said that so I'm taking that for what it is.

Just read again, it says:

Due to a scheduling conflict on the Toronto Wolfpack’s host broadcast network – Sky Sports, a select number of upcoming matches have been affected. The Wolfpack looked into changing KO times, however logistical issues mean this has not been possible, and as a result have reluctantly decided to cancel the broadcasts of three upcoming games that coincide with Catalans Dragons home broadcasts on Sky Sports. The Toronto matches that will be affected by this scheduling conflict are July 6 vs. Halifax, August 17 vs. Rochdale and August 31 vs. Barrow, home games played at Lamport Stadium.

The rest of the matches will proceed as scheduled and be shown across the Wolfpack’s network of global partners that include GameTV (Canada), Sky Sports (UK), Eleven Sports (USA), Sky Sports (NZ), Fox (AUS), Setanta (Asia) and CBC Sports online (Canada).

So it looks like the games will not be broadcast at all.

41 minutes ago, bird said:

Its happened each time this year that they have clashed and those KO times have not changed. Of course clashes occur in sport. Its Sky thats being difficult. I certainly don't want to wait until11pm.

There have only been 2 clashes, and they have been a joke.

I'm not sure what you are talking about with 11pm, the games will not be shown.

Can you highlight other live clashes of the same sports that Sky Sports cover?

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

There have only been 2 clashes, and they have been a joke.

I'm not sure what you are talking about with 11pm, the games will not be shown.

Can you highlight other live clashes of the same sports that Sky Sports cover?

Who cares if they have clashed 2,3 or 50 times? They have used the same 15.00 and 16.00 ko times and used the redbutton. I have watched them.

Sky schedules have the game on Fri at 11.00 on Sky Action and several times on Sun on Arena.

Cricket and RU for two, ma ny times

Getting bored

7 minutes ago, bird said:

Who cares if they have clashed 2,3 or 50 times? They have used the same 15.00 and 16.00 ko times and used the redbutton. I have watched them.

Sky schedules have the game on Fri at 11.00 on Sky Action and several times on Sun on Arena.

Cricket and RU for two, ma ny times

Getting bored

I still have no idea what you are on about with 3 and 4pm times, and Sky schedules of 11 o'clock. 

Sky have shown these last two clashes and have said they are unhappy with them, I'm not surprised, it is rank stupidity to stage completely avoidable fixture clashes. 

RL in this country is putting on two games for Sky to cover and staging them at the same time. Forget whether it is due to French and Canadian broadcasting, these games are under the RFL and SLE authority and creating a clash is stupid. 

Everyone complaining here seems to forget TWP used to play games at 4pm EST but moved to 1pm EST this season at the insistence of other clubs who didn't like the arrangements.

Yet more fervent traditionalist alzheimers.  

Archived