Wolfpack games NOT being televised

47 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

Everyone complaining here seems to forget TWP used to play games at 4pm EST but moved to 1pm EST this season at the insistence of other clubs who didn't like the arrangements.

Yet more fervent traditionalist alzheimers.  

Nope. But it is a failure to not show these games, after also failing to show the Toulouse one. 

After all the fanfare, it is reasonable to be disappointed that we can't actually now watch these games. 

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't understand why TWP isn't covering the game for Canadian broadcast. As I understood it, TWP were paying Sky for coverage, not the other way round, so why does Sky not wanting the match justify cancelling coverage entirely? Don't they have Canadian viewers who need it? Bit worrying if they don't. 

19 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

I still don't understand why TWP isn't covering the game for Canadian broadcast. As I understood it, TWP were paying Sky for coverage, not the other way round, so why does Sky not wanting the match justify cancelling coverage entirely? Don't they have Canadian viewers who need it? Bit worrying if they don't. 

No big worries Toby...it will all work out in the end.  These are logistical problems since this is really the first time for such a thing.

More worrying is the lack of flexibility presented to Toronto just not on this, but on many other fronts, especially from the RFL and SL. ...these folks had better wake up, smell the coffee and realize what side of the bread the butter is on.  Ottawa is also getting inflexibility from the RFL....this is the real problem.

Example:  "Why are the Canadian Clubs still being denied full membership?" 

6 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Is there anyway we can get the BBC not to show the 2nd semi final?

I wouldn't worry Mr Ox, I doubt you'll be tanked by more than the Northern were against Wiggin at Burnden Park, back in the day. 82 -10,  I think it finished up, all live on the Beeb. We were putting up white flags that day and hoping for the final whistle as soon as the second half started - and we were both in the same division back then.

Best of luck to you though, do the Championship proud.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

I don't believe this has anything to do with Argyle at all. It's highly unlikely he personally looks after the TV deal once it's been negotiated and signed.

What I suspect happened is that Sky contacted TWP and told them, for whatever the reason, that they would not be airing these games and left it up to TWP to decide if they wanted to produce them anyway. Which TWP chose not to. Which indicates to me that their TV numbers domestically are pretty small.

OR they are conducting something of a test to see if the crowds for these 3 games increase because they're not on TV.

1 minute ago, TIWIT said:

What I suspect happened is that Sky contacted TWP and told them, for whatever the reason, that they would not be airing these games and left it up to TWP to decide if they wanted to produce them anyway. Which TWP chose not to. Which indicates to me that their TV numbers domestically are pretty small.

OR they are conducting something of a test to see if the crowds for these 3 games increase because they're not on TV.

The former, surely? 

15 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

I don't believe this has anything to do with Argyle at all. It's highly unlikely he personally looks after the TV deal once it's been negotiated and signed.

its bad for the rugby league people in sky.  if the games are going to split the audience.

the rugby league people at sky are good people who care about the game, might have decided it was not wise to put games head to head.

And here is the last paragraph from the team's website report published today of yesterday's game vs. Batley:

The Wolfpack now board a plane destined for Toronto in readiness for a clash with Halifax R.L.F.C at Lamport Stadium on Saturday, July 6th. Tickets are still available for Superhero Day at the Den where fans will be able to celebrate first responders from across the city amongst the renowned Wolfpack party atmosphere. Fans can tune in live on Sky Sports in the UK, Game TV and CBC sports online in Canada and globally courtesy of the Wolfpack’s Facebook page.

18 hours ago, Monkey Lover said:

Cutting costs is one way of putting it. Not paying SKY is the other. Yet another company/club on the list. Running out of friends very fast are the wolfpack gang. I've no doubt the lack of payment is just an oversight as Mr Argyle is over in Brazil doing what he enjoys the most but left his bank card in Australia. That would explain why Skolars are still waiting for the first small payment of his 'investment' and suppliers/clubs are waiting on debts going back to 2017. All hail David Argyle ?

Indeed........ All the signs are this phoney baloney is coming to an end as Argyle appears to lose interest, and possibly makes an exit based on his own convenient self punishment for his appalling racist remarks. Now there's an idea TWP are being sold on to some other North American Sports geniuses that will take over the mantle of being the saviours of the game here.

5 hours ago, SL17 said:

I thought we all got told, logistics wouldn't become a concern?

We all got told TWP were the future of the game here, incessantly, day after day by the same 20 people who could never stomach any debate about the reality that, as McManus said, TWP were just a rich Australian, buying an English squad, and dressing them in Canadian jerseys....(for his own self aggrandisement and pleasure). 

The minor TV deal in which Argyle has been paying to be on TV rather than attracting a TV deal for clubs to share here, is a sideshow. The real question is how Rimmer came out and stated last week that the RFL had an agreement with SL that if TWP won the Championship they were guaranteed promotion........"Hopefully"... 

Maybe the "hopefully" was added due to the doubt McManus sowed in everyone's mind (well the open ones anyway) when he recently stated SL wanted Toulouse in SL and the rules could not be changed as regards fixture scheduling to allow Toronto in. Somehow that blatant signal TWP were not wanted was roundly ignored on here, but obviously noted by Rimmer.   Equally roundly ignored has been Argyles total lack of commitment to player development.

Is it worth Ottawa (OK TWP "mark 2") bothering if the way is blocked? Well again Rimmer stated that as 2019 passes the half way mark there is nothing at all happening at Perez's latest invention, but added that the set up they joined was perfectly capable of setting up a competitive squad at the last minute.........after all they are "American" and as such can do anything..........

I await Damian and Davo trying to discredit the reality by shooting the messenger with their "same old same old" jibes, but the reality is all we have had for nearly three years now is the same old phoney baloney of the American dream.

8 hours ago, TIWIT said:

According to the original press release back in the day it said TWP would be producing coverage and putting this on Sky. 

5 hours ago, The Parksider said:

We all got told TWP were the future of the game here, incessantly, day after day by the same 20 people 

No we didn't,only you and your fellow Kentish Luddite use that term.

5 hours ago, The Parksider said:

I await Damian and Davo trying to discredit the the messenger with their "same old same old" jibes, but the reality is all we have had for nearly three years now is the same old phoney baloney 

Yes we've had 3 years of it all from your good self.

20 hours ago, Monkey Lover said:

Cutting costs is one way of putting it. Not paying SKY is the other. Yet another company/club on the list. Running out of friends very fast are the wolfpack gang. I've no doubt the lack of payment is just an oversight as Mr Argyle is over in Brazil doing what he enjoys the most but left his bank card in Australia. That would explain why Skolars are still waiting for the first small payment of his 'investment' and suppliers/clubs are waiting on debts going back to 2017.

All hail David Argyle ?

I’d forgotten the late payment thing.

Surely they wouldn’t mess Sky around?

It seems The Parksider does expend a lot of energy and words on  Wolfpack isuues, to the dismay of a number of posters. He seems somehow even to disagree with people who agree with him. A neat trick indeed. 

One technique to counter this might be for everyone to agree with him, then watch as he changes his position.! ???

20 hours ago, Monkey Lover said:

Cutting costs is one way of putting it. Not paying SKY is the other. Yet another company/club on the list. Running out of friends very fast are the wolfpack gang. I've no doubt the lack of payment is just an oversight as Mr Argyle is over in Brazil doing what he enjoys the most but left his bank card in Australia. That would explain why Skolars are still waiting for the first small payment of his 'investment' and suppliers/clubs are waiting on debts going back to 2017.

All hail David Argyle ?

Looking forward to you giving the facts behind your assertions. Also the reasoning behind  your forum name. 

On 01/07/2019 at 04:01, Dave T said:

TBH it is very amateur by TWP. Catalans are playing in an established slot, it was stupid to arrange a game of the same sport to clash and expect Sky to cover it. 

I really don't see how TWP couldn't have delayed kick off by 1hr. Unless I suppose Sky wanted it on a different day so they didn't have a conflict with commentators etc.

The 1pm kickoffs are at the insistence of the RFL since it allows clubs to fly directly to Manchester in the evening after the game, instead of flying to Glasgow the next day, followed by a 4-hour bus ride.

If the Wolfpack had control of kickoff times, they would still be at 4pm local time like previous years.

2 hours ago, Lamport Life said:

The 1pm kickoffs are at the insistence of the RFL since it allows clubs to fly directly to Manchester in the evening after the game, instead of flying to Glasgow the next day, followed by a 4-hour bus ride.

If the Wolfpack had control of kickoff times, they would still be at 4pm local time like previous years.

My point exactly.  The scheduling clash is the fault of the RFL, not TWP.

Getting Toronto games on Sky is a bonus for British fans and one that Sky effectively gets for nothing. Sky don't show any other Championship games on a weekly basis.

We've no right to beef about some TWP games not being shown.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

5 hours ago, Lamport Life said:

Fair enough, really. 

If I can add a bit of clarity to this topic. The broadcasts were not cancelled by Sky. Sky had slots including red button when required for publication. Toronto Wolfpack, who fund the coverage under agreement with the rights holders Sky Sports took the pragmatic decision to cancel, after exhausting all their options to avoid the clash. Later kick offs were not an option due to the flights back to UK for the away teams. 

Neville Smith, Executive Producer, In Touch Productions

2 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

Getting Toronto games on Sky is a bonus for British fans and one that Sky effectively gets for nothing. Sky don't show any other Championship games on a weekly basis.

We've no right to beef about some TWP games not being shown.

It's not a bonus, it is something we pay for. It was announced that all games would be covered. This will make it four that will not have been. As a paying customer of Sky I think I am perfectly within my rights to complain.

18 hours ago, SL17 said:

Still not listed on SKY. Your next fixture according to them is the Bulls Sun 4th August.

That can't be right either. It omits the game vs. Featherstone on 13 July and the game a week later at Widnes.

Archived