Toronto Wolfpack - Change of ownership?

Not sure if there is anything to this. The Blue Jays were also in that graphic and there is no way MLSE is buying them.

Hypothetically, if MLSE did buy the Wolfpack it would mean a very professional set up, especially with the marketing department. It would also open the potential of using BMO field.

On the downside, it might mean crazy beer prices and an end to the post-game beer garden?

For MLSE, the cost of running the Wolfpack would be like a small line item on their accounts. 

Anyhow, I doubt this is for real, it looks abit like click bate.

My opinion is that TWP have a very good niche in that they provide cheap beer, exciting sport, and a great atmosphere. Moving the TWP into BMO for all games (for big games it would make sense) would kill a lot of what makes TWP stand out.

28 minutes ago, cookey said:

Your constant negativity is quite outstanding. Why you bother to come on here is beyond me.

Oh, yes. Forgot you can’t question anything when it comes to The Saviours of Rugby League/here-today-possibly-gone-tomorrow novelty act.

8 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Oh, yes. Forgot you can’t question anything when it comes to The Saviours of Rugby League/here-today-possibly-gone-tomorrow novelty act.

There is a lot of smoke and mirrors with this TWP project. Here's to hoping they stick around and open up a new market.

4 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Hmmm funny how there’s only you and your fellow Toronto hater from South Leeds who call them the games saviours.

3 minutes ago, ojx said:

There is a lot of smoke and mirrors with this TWP project. Here's to hoping they stick around and open up a new market.

Agreed.

Why would they sell up now when not in Super League? Wouldn’t they get a better price if/when they are?

3 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Agreed.

Why would they sell up now when not in Super League? Wouldn’t they get a better price if/when they are?

As far as I know they are not for sale...quit spreading false news.

Not for SALE!

Things are looking good on this end....strong attendance, great clothing/merchandise sales....lots of sponsors....winning team on the field currently in first place...best winning percentage of any Club over the last three years,  with an outstanding points/for against number.

NOT FOR sale!

Strong stable ownership with cash to back it up...good tasting cold beer and lots of it.  Many attractive women coming to the games.

NOT FOR SALE!

After seeing what has happened to the Argos after MLSE ownership, I'm not sure it would be a good development. While it gives financial stability, MLSE is not going to push the boat out to build a competitive team.

11 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Over 9,000 posts of constant negativity is quite an achievement.

I suppose that's what you get from the sad,lonely and inadequates,in this day of keyboard warriors

11 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Agreed.

That is called defamation.

46 minutes ago, cookey said:

Over 9,000 posts of constant negativity is quite an achievement.

I suppose that's what you get from the sad,lonely and inadequates,in this day of keyboard warriors

I merely wondered if this is a real deal or an exercise in speculation and you’ve been triggered.

Best if we ignore each other. I’m certainly ignoring you.

You didn't wonder,you stated,thats defamation.

15 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I merely wondered if this is a real deal or an exercise in speculation and you’ve been triggered.

Best if we ignore each other. I’m certainly ignoring you.

13 minutes ago, Lamport Life said:

This is a tweet from a podcast looking for attention. It deserves as much attention as some random nutter tweeting that the Super League is going to be sold to the RFU.

Don’t get Parky started on that one!

20 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Hmmm funny how there’s only you and your fellow Toronto hater from South Leeds who call them the games saviours.

Not sure about that.  The only logical justification for including a team literally thousands of miles away on another continent would be to drive expansion.  They certainly have been presented as saviours of the game in the Northern hemisphere by some posters on here, rightly or wrongly.

"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

MLSE would never associate themselves with the disorganized bunch who currently run rugby league.

Archived