Sheffield (Friday)

AB Knight

Special mention for the officials last night, best refereeing I’ve seen this season. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Set off Friday dinnertime caught the slowest train to Sheffield ever. Shouldnt complain at £6 single ticket.     First time back in Sheffield since 1978 to see The Clash. Nice walk up into the town, seems to be students everywhere. Had a nice pint in a Greene king pub with some old lags who had just done 9years inside for armed robbery of a post office ! Seems a bit harsh for a few stamps.....   anyway after a few more slurps we catch a cab to the "stadium". Basic and tidy are the best I can say about the ground. Watching rugby in the sunshine is great but if it was to chuck it down here there is no shelter at all to speak of. But got to say the burgers were spot on. The game itself was a corker , hard and fast exciting rugby. Love watching this team. 2nd in the league, unbelievable. Got a much appreciated lift back to York on the supporters bus and yes we paid..pro rata. Last pint in The Tav then home.   Cant wait for next week..got 30 Punch Bowl RLFC old boys on a bus to Batley. Calling in at Hanging Heaton WMC before the game if anyone fancies it.

5 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Special mention for the officials last night, best refereeing I’ve seen this season. 

That's just what we were saying after the game. I don't know where he is from and I don't recall seeing him before but he can referee the Knight's games anytime if he performs like that every time. A. Moore was his name I believe.

2 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

That's just what we were saying after the game. I don't know where he is from and I don't recall seeing him before but he can referee the Knight's games anytime if he performs like that every time. A. Moore was his name I believe.

I think he refereed the home game against Rochdale. Thought he was good last night. One Sheffield fan was complaining he let York lay on in the tackle to slow the Eagles down, but I didn't see too many players complaining, and I think he earned, and got, the respect of both teams.

23 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

You were lucky, we tried the WMC, (as recommended by the doorman at the library,) only to find it closed!

Regarding the ground, the facilities are unacceptable for this level of rugby in my view. In addition to the above, the scoreboard, was a chalk and blackboard and couldn't be seen. Massive effort by the Knights, my man of the match goes to Brad Hey.

Glad someone else thinks Brad gets MOM. He's always in the mix but never gets the recognition he deserves; a real grafter. UTK

Can't believe this....my former hometown in 2nd place and my current hometown in 1st in the Championship!  So pumped for the Kneets visiting Toronto and seeing all you lot on August 9-10. Many pints will be consumed...!!!

1 hour ago, RobertAM said:

Can't believe this....my former hometown in 2nd place and my current hometown in 1st in the Championship!  So pumped for the Kneets visiting Toronto and seeing all you lot on August 9-10. Many pints will be consumed...!!!

Too right

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Archived