5 live podcast - NRL's Most Wanted

I'm sure its been mentioned on another thread, but can't see it.

Real interesting listen with Shane Richardson and Mark Evans joining Dave Woods.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07f1k8m

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Found it fascinating to hear two outsiders (yet people who know what they are talking about) say, in essence, that British RL should concentrate on the M62. 

Sometimes I feel there’s a sense among some fans that the North is somehow a saturated or exhausted market and therefore we should expand at all costs but I don’t think it is.

If we had a really strong yet predominately Northern-based Super League, is that such a bad thing if it attracts more viewers, sponsors, investors etc? 

Thought it was one of the best RL podcasts I’ve heard in a while, really interesting and informative and made some good points on the need to strengthen the heartlands whilst recognising there is a role for expansion. 

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Found it fascinating to hear two outsiders (yet people who know what they are talking about) say, in essence, that British RL should concentrate on the M62. 

Sometimes I feel there’s a sense among some fans that the North is somehow a saturated or exhausted market and therefore we should expand at all costs but I don’t think it is.

If we had a really strong yet predominately Northern-based Super League, is that such a bad thing if it attracts more viewers, sponsors, investors etc? 

We should  be selling out stadia in Yorkshire first, then the North West.  

2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

It was a great podcast. Although somewhat anti-expansionist on one hand, on the other it implied there should be less clubs, and more strategically located clubs, in the north. In other words, not two clubs in Hull, Bradford should be in for sure, and probably not room  for both Cas & Wakefield. So lots to think about for everyone.

Archived