Barrow (H)

Wakefield Ram

I think Day was injured and didn’t play at York with Whiteley in the warm up, but he didn’t play either. No idea about Ward. 

It really is a big game and, on last week’s showing, ought to win. I said ‘ought’ because we don’t seem to perform well for two consecutive matches; we can lose badly in consecutive matches though!

It’s also awkward across the valley as Batley travel to Swinton; lose that and we win and they will be feeling nervous. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

Speakman-of the Dom variety? Is he signed or on loan?

Signed for the rest of the season. Even I know and I am currently some distance from Dewsbury. ?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 hours ago, EQUALIZER said:

Desperately unlucky against York.Play like that and we should win.

to lose  a game in the last few minutes can be considered bad luck when it happens once BUT not when it happens so often..Im afraid its called throwing it away and we are very very good at it for some reason

As for tomorrow;  we are at home so I will be going with zero expectation.  With the exception of Rochdale we seem to save our best for away games..

36 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Assuming Danny King and Charlie Martin (?) miss out then looks a decent side. And Speakman back is a big boost, very underrated player.

Think Charlie Martin is still at Hunslet on seasons loan . and its full back Joe Martin in the 19 man squad .. 

We both need to do each other a favour tomorrow by beating Barrow & Swinton!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

We both need to do each other a favour tomorrow by beating Barrow & Swinton!

Yes we absolutely have to beat Barrow and I guess that does you a favour too .... for us... as you and Swinton are on the same points it doesn't really matter who wins... and as our points diff is competitive a Swinton Batley draw would be interesting ... especially if we beat Rochdale away!! ...... all 3 of us on the same points and hopefully a few points clear of Barrow and Rochdale.

3 hours ago, andyram said:

What's happened to the absence of Morton?  Hopefully he will be back soon.

Interesting to see how McGrath goes with us in his month loan from Halifax.

Although we really could do with Dale, some things are more important. 

I will be the first one cheering when he's back but untill then Dale can take as long as he needs for me. 

11 hours ago, andyram said:

What's happened to the absence of Morton?  Hopefully he will be back soon.

Interesting to see how McGrath goes with us in his month loan from Halifax.

Very sad family issues, Andy.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 hours ago, UpTheRaiders said:

Looking forward to visiting tomorrow! Hope we can turn in the performances we did against halifax and fev but fear we'll play how we did vs toulouse. Any watering hole suggestions? 

The West Riding Refreshment Rooms (www.imissedthetrain.com) at the railway station, The Time Piece (Wetherspoons), Northgate and close to the ground, Hanging Heston WMC, with our own bars at the club in which everyone is welcome. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

The West Riding Refreshment Rooms (www.imissedthetrain.com) at the railway station, The Time Piece (Wetherspoons), Northgate and close to the ground, Hanging Heston WMC, with our own bars at the club in which everyone is welcome. 

thought the time piece had closed down

11 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I’ll be hopeful and suggest a win, although I think it will be difficult as we know what they did at Featherstone. 

Dewsbury 26-22 Barrow 

FTS: Martin

MoM: Garratt 

Att: 772

Barrow werent the only ones with Fev credentials Crown Flatter so get in there. You can do it.

Archived