Barrow (H)

Wakefield Ram

Well thank the lord for that. Managed a catalogue of errors in the first 15 mins and at 10-0 down Barrow were completing well and not making any errors. Speakman did really well, composed and a good organiser. Certainly looked fitter than Barrow as the game wore on and then it was Barrows turn to make mistakes and concede penalties. Not sure how Barrow 12 stayed on the field after three high tackles on Iggy. If we cut out the errors, we have a chance and if we can win our game in hand at Rochdale, its wide open.

2 hours ago, Rambo said:

Paul Sykes try was superb. Not the most spectacular but summed up his desire to get us the win. Sheer determination. 

Sykes was Sykes.  Love him..

Thought we were a much better team going forward when Dom was on the field and I would like to find a way to have him and Sam Day on the park at the same time.

Iggy was outstanding today and he would have been my MOM but full marks to all 17...Spectacular pass from Knowles for the late try and we managed a few decent passes today.

My highlight though?  The run by Tom that left three Barrow players needing treatment...Not seen that since the days of Gary C*cks...

Their 11 had a great game...

Very enjoyable game and Barrow fully played their part. The owd wise heads of Sykes and the Mighty Finn came good and Iggy was excellent. I agree Barrow 11 (Smith I think) had a big heart and I liked the look of their PNG hooker too. But I did sleep better last night  as I think we took a big step towards survival.

Great encounter between two sides needing to win. Before the game I wondered if we might do to Barrow what we did to Rochdale, but 10-0 down after ten minutes made me wonder if we could win at all. Then we finished with 40 points which did surprise me. 

Well done to McGrath and Speakman for scoring on their debuts and to Ryder for what seems his first in a long time. MoM was Sykes, but Iggy must have come close with his, er, robust playing style.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Having watched the excellent highlights on youtube Im so glad we won.  The penalty (head high) decision against Tom Garrett when their bloke fell over was probably as ridiculous as any penalty decision ever given.  Almost as bad however was the blatant obstruction that was missed by the officials for their length of the field try.  I know these things even out but it would have left a sour taste had we lost by a couple.

Superb try for Conor from Sykes's kick.  Years since Ive seen a Dewsbury player jump that well to take ball offensively.

Cracking pass from Michael Knowles for his other try and great to see Toms run again..AND...Did I see some offloads????  At least a couple form Jodie I think...

2 hours ago, jamesb0551 said:

I would like to know the official rule for a head high penalty as I've seen lots being given when players have fallen or lowered their body into the tackle wether trying to step etc 

I thought exactly the same with Garrets it's a clear fall into the contact 

Why not check out the RFL website where you can find all of the laws of the game?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

19 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Why not check out the RFL website where you can find all of the laws of the game?

This is what they say

when effecting or attempting to effect a tackle makes contact with the head or neck of an opponent intentionally, recklessly or carelessly

cant see why Garrets tackle would be penalised 

www.dewsburyramstv.co.uk - free highlights service

Archived