Salford Fire Sale

12 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

Perhaps the fans of Swinton and Salford (and Leigh?) could get together and create something that would be worthwhile.  Eastern  (err...pardon me... my edit.. "Western") Suburbs?

Have a day off from being a tool will you!

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Bartholemew Smythe said:

Have a day off from being a tool will you!

No.  But you are. 

Salford and Swinton are were they are and where they will be next season.   I would like to see RL being better.. not worse.  But you just want to be small minded and insular.  Good luck with that, it won't do either of these clubs any good, nor RL either in the long run.  Good night and I won't waste my time on you again.

3 hours ago, RayCee said:

And try to remember that being patronising isn’t good argumentation. Oxford. Salford do bring something to SL. Every team brings something. It’s just they are doing it tough.

Try to rememner Raycee that life is too short and irony works.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

14 hours ago, RayCee said:

Maybe the Championship is their financial level.

Yeah I'll go for that.

Sort of like the rich list but merit  put aside and look at the bank balance, P&R if you're the one with least SL readies and the most moolah gets you in SL from the Championship. Season would be shorter too! And SRD fans could stop feeling like those spiders kids pull the legs off, all year.

2 hours ago, SL17 said:

Never start a sentence with "And"... Thats very poor...?

But you can you know, and people talk ballsderdash about 19th century rules based on Latin.

a bit of perspective from Watto though

“We seem to have a big turnover of players most years and maybe that’s where we’re at financially, but it shouldn’t change what we believe in individually or as a team.

“We had a little bit of disruption when the window opened for players speaking to other clubs, but that settled down quite quickly, and once everyone knows where they are you can crack on and enjoy your rugby."

21 hours ago, RayCee said:

Maybe the Championship is their financial level.

Or maybe not , their non player contract costs will remain the same , but they will lose their primary income stream of £ 1.8 million , they will most likely not be able to operate from the stadium that was built for them , 12 months after relegation they would most likely be looking to move to a new ' home ' , all IMO of course 

25 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

If the new players are nowhere near as good?

I fully expect Loleha to become the best HB in SL once he starts for Salford , Leeds will be looking to buy him back in 12 months time 

On 03/07/2019 at 03:33, RayCee said:

If you want to be pedantic, why make one sentence into two, when grammatically it is clearly one sentence? Had you left the 'If' off, then it would make sense? Otherwise, the intent of the article is clear to anyone who desires to discuss the subject. 

Surely that is not a question but a statement, so why the question mark? :kolobok_ph34r:

1 hour ago, RP London said:

Surely that is not a question but a statement, so why the question mark? :kolobok_ph34r:

It makes the comment more suggestive rather than insistent. You must have heard anyone doing that? See, I did it again.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Or maybe not , their non player contract costs will remain the same , but they will lose their primary income stream of £ 1.8 million , they will most likely not be able to operate from the stadium that was built for them , 12 months after relegation they would most likely be looking to move to a new ' home ' , all IMO of course 

I get your point, with how money is doled out. In other words a team in Salford's situation is between a rock and a hard place. 

1 minute ago, Hammerless Nail said:

Well, as the club has yet to announce who the new players are, it's impossible to make that judgment.

A few contributors on here appear to be suffering with premature emasculation.

In fairness, when you see the calibre of player leaving it’s hard to see how there won’t be a loss of quality. The coach is brilliant and the recruitment astute so just maybe.

The last comment didn’t add anything constructive to your argument.

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 09:32, Rupert Prince said:

Perhaps the fans of Swinton and Salford (and Leigh?) could get together and create something that would be worthwhile.  Eastern  (err...pardon me... my edit.. "Western") Suburbs?

Salford is not a western suburb of anywhere. Swinton maybe a western suburb of Salford though.  LOL

2 hours ago, RayCee said:

In fairness, when you see the calibre of player leaving it’s hard to see how there won’t be a loss of quality. The coach is brilliant and the recruitment astute so just maybe.

Ace. So, in 36 hours, you've gone from the shrill "fire sale" to "a loss of quality". Let's give it another 36 and see if you can Statler and Waldorf your way to Salford winning Super League.

2 hours ago, RayCee said:

The last comment didn’t add anything constructive to your argument.

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, the ##### I couldn't give about your grading of my response is large enough to swallow a galaxy. My only hope is that, in time, you'll be able to find it in your heart to forgive me for this.

4 hours ago, RayCee said:

It makes the comment more suggestive rather than insistent. You must have heard anyone doing that? See, I did it again.

:kolobok_offtopic:

It doesn't matter if I have heard someone do that it would still be grammatically incorrect.. and being a grammar pedant you should have known that. Unless by saying that "it is what people do so can be ok" you are happy for language and grammar to evolve (which I am) at which point stop being a pedant. By putting the question mark at the end of a statement you do not make it a question you simply are using very clumsy English.

As a dyslexic one of my pet peeves is pedantry when someone is plainly being understood, equally is a pedant who, themselves, is not perfect (so that is everyone being a pedant!)

Anyway its way off topic, sorry to everyone else.

Oh really chaps, of course Salford  bring something to SL,  winning away at Warrington and Catalans convincingly, together with several very close defeats have made them great to watch, plus they bring the most vocal away support in Super League that improves the atmosphere no-end.  Having 'loads of money' like some other clubs doesn't always equate to success and Salford continue to prove that 'less can be more' by pragmatic housekeeping.

I hope the little devils obtain a top 5 place this year, and re-build another competitive team for next season.

10 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

If the new players are nowhere near as good?

No, that doesn't make it a fire sale, just the obvious asset stripping to keep the top at .... the top.

8 minutes ago, SL17 said:

Until then, they hold their position in SL just as the other 11 do

On merit ..... qualification.

On 03/07/2019 at 14:33, RayCee said:

If you want to be pedantic....

That was a reference to someone else. I wouldn’t claim such a title for myself.

16 hours ago, RP London said:

being a grammar pedant you should have known that.

It pays to read the comments properly before making incorrect assertions. 

18 hours ago, Hammerless Nail said:

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, the ##### I couldn't give about your grading of my response is large enough to swallow a galaxy. My only hope is that, in time, you'll be able to find it in your heart to forgive me for this.

I very politely mentioned your unnecessary comment added nothing to your comment and if I’m being frank it was vulgar. You thank me, criticise and then seek forgiveness. As contradictory and disingenuous as a person could be. 

11 hours ago, SL17 said:

On results. Doesn’t business work on results?

No, I don't think it does, it works entirely on profit margins, cash flow and debt management!

If staying afloat by hook or by crook is a measure SRD are near to being perfect!

Anyone got any information on who may be replacing Martin Gleeson at Salford Red Devils?

The replacement for Long at Saints has been named.Seems to be a shortage of rumours;which may be a sign of a professional club.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Archived