Carr joins the Rhinos

Gareth hock

Dual reg is ace innit

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Some of the replies to this are very amusing (especially from our Leigh Sainturions friend above). We were told when Carr was appointed that he would be spending quite a bit of time at Leeds anyway, and all this news confirms is that he has made a really good impression with the playing group; there's no way he would have got this extra role if the Leeds DR players hadn't been very positive about his coaching style.

Look at what the on-loan players have been saying about him, too (eg Dagger in his post-Halifax interview) and also note how many of our good-quality players have been very happy to sign up contract extensions under the current regime.

It's too early to say whether Carr will eventually develop into a SL-quality coach but this is clearly a feather in his cap, and I'd much rather have a sought-after coach than one who nobody else wanted.

This is one of the most ridiculous decision I have ever heard of. How the heck can Carr be involved in 2 teams. Nothing was said when Fev employed him being involved with the Rhinos.

It is just showing more & more where the game is going . Down the pan

Barmy   Rant over

Hope Carr adds to his coaching knowledge with his appointment i have no problem with it.He is a quick learner and not frightened to admit the teams limitations.If we start losing games we should win i can see supporters not being very happy but Marchy is a good assistant with a wealth of Rugby experience.Leeds will stay up with or without Carrs help.

If only the club had emphasised that the new role would not interfere with any of Carr's duties at Fev.

If only the club had issued a detailed explanation of the benefits of this role.

oh wait...

I actually thought he had been doing this all season, because he definitely said at the start of the year (might have been at the season preview night) that he would be regularly attending Leeds training sessions.

Worth pointing out that four of the comments above this one have come from fans of other clubs, to whom I would simply say - trolling is a bit like drinking - fine in moderation, but if you're rushing breathlessly to do it at 9am you might have a bit of a problem...

12 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

If only the club had emphasised that the new role would not interfere with any of Carr's duties at Fev.

If only the club had issued a detailed explanation of the benefits of this role.

oh wait...

I actually thought he had been doing this all season, because he definitely said at the start of the year (might have been at the season preview night) that he would be regularly attending Leeds training sessions.

Worth pointing out that four of the comments above this one have come from fans of other clubs, to whom I would simply say - trolling is a bit like drinking - fine in moderation, but if you're rushing breathlessly to do it at 9am you might have a bit of a problem...

Aye, and you have a problem if you can't see where this is going, not just for your club but for the game as a whole. I thought it was embarrassing for Fax when Richard Marshall was shown 'observing' Powell at Castleford on Sky Sports earlier this year, this is taking things to another level. ??

8 minutes ago, Ainley Top said:

Aye, and you have a problem if you can't see where this is going, not just for your club but for the game as a whole. I thought it was embarrassing for Fax when Richard Marshall was shown 'observing' Powell at Castleford on Sky Sports earlier this year, this is taking things to another level. ??

I think you have more pressing issues at your own club than we do at ours, but thanks for popping along and showing your concern. ? 

57 minutes ago, Bcfc2014 said:

How can anyone defend this or see this as a positive?, the early part of the week when other coaches will be looking back at the weekends game and what to fix up/improve on, Carr will be working at the Rhinos. 

Ah..... a Bradford supporter passing comment on how another club is run...………..really?????? ?

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Some of the replies to this are very amusing (especially from our Leigh Sainturions friend above). We were told when Carr was appointed that he would be spending quite a bit of time at Leeds anyway, and all this news confirms is that he has made a really good impression with the playing group; there's no way he would have got this extra role if the Leeds DR players hadn't been very positive about his coaching style.

Look at what the on-loan players have been saying about him, too (eg Dagger in his post-Halifax interview) and also note how many of our good-quality players have been very happy to sign up contract extensions under the current regime.

It's too early to say whether Carr will eventually develop into a SL-quality coach but this is clearly a feather in his cap, and I'd much rather have a sought-after coach than one who nobody else wanted.

I can see pros and cons in this arrangement.Fev should benefit from still closer partnerships with Leeds.

However,I really can't see Agar being at Leeds next season so is this the start of Carr's permanent move.

Surely Fev don't want to start another season with a new coach.

10 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

I can see pros and cons in this arrangement.Fev should benefit from still closer partnerships with Leeds.

However,I really can't see Agar being at Leeds next season so is this the start of Carr's permanent move.

Carr is a decent coach at Championship level, he will be fine for Leeds next season. ?

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Well said. You always have a balanced view Phantom and it works two ways. Being at Leeds he has his finger firmly on the pulse. Good luck to him.

6 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

Presume you mean Carr's next permanent move as an assistant? I can't for the life of me see Leeds appointing a 31-year-old who has been a senior head coach for 6 months and never at NRL/SL level as their next head coach.

As an assistant, well maybe, but that's always a possible career path for a Championship head coach (see Andrew Henderson to Warrington, maybe Marshall to Saint Helelns too although he was already out of the door at Fax).

16 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

Fev have had quite a few changes since Powell left his legacy and Fev have remained a top championship club throughout. Given that Carr started with so many problems I think Fev are punching above. Good luck to him if anything comes from it.

Just now, J Phil Loxton said:

Well said. You always have a balanced view Phantom and it works two ways. Being at Leeds he has his finger firmly on the pulse. Good luck to him.

Cheers, I might be being naive and hopelessly wrong about this but I'd rather take things at face value than be cynical all the time. For me the whole point of supporting a team is to get enjoyment out of it and there's enough things that go wrong without anticipating the worst possible outcome from every event. I've known fans who mope and moan endlessly about their team and thought, what's the point?

So, for me...Carr has impressed people at Leeds, the DR players have spoken highly of him, this all ties in with what players have been saying about him. He gets to spend more time with the likes of McLelland, Sutcliffe, Golding & Briscoe. I'd always rather look for the positives.

2 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Cheers, I might be being naive and hopelessly wrong about this but I'd rather take things at face value than be cynical all the time. For me the whole point of supporting a team is to get enjoyment out of it and there's enough things that go wrong without anticipating the worst possible outcome from every event. I've known fans who mope and moan endlessly about their team and thought, what's the point?

So, for me...Carr has impressed people at Leeds, the DR players have spoken highly of him, this all ties in with what players have been saying about him. He gets to spend more time with the likes of McLelland, Sutcliffe, Golding & Briscoe. I'd always rather look for the positives.

I know. Its all down to the world of the internet. Everyone has an opinion. Ive been known to be a moaner?. You never had that before social media. You used to share your views with half a dozen people in those days. Its nice to read when people put things into perspective.

1 hour ago, Private Baldrick said:

I think you have more pressing issues at your own club than we do at ours, but thanks for popping along and showing your concern. ? 

No problem ❗?

There are two sides to this issue. From our point of view he will know who to recommend for DR or Loan from Leeds rather than us having to test them out. From Leeds  point of view they have access to our coach and he will be able to recommend players who he thinks will be worth signing for SL.  Both ways Carr is a winner. Our concern will be if he puts Leeds first in his club considerations. From a career point of view he may very well do so.

According to this article, it is actually only an appointment until the end of the season. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Archived