6-7 Jul: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While not wishing to take anything from Coventry Skolars were really poor second half . New signings in last month have disjointed the squad. Just didn’t seem to bother ....

1 minute ago, EssexRL said:

While not wishing to take anything from Coventry Skolars were really poor second half . New signings in last month have disjointed the squad. Just didn’t seem to bother ....

Coventry can only beat what’s in front of them.

rldfsignature.jpg

4 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Coventry can only beat what’s in front of them.

...we dominated first half. They had two attacks whole half & scored from both. Second half we seemed to stop trying. As I say taking nothing away from Bears, great they bought 40 or so fans too, just trying to work out what’s going wrong with us. 

I said it at the start of the season that skolars  are terrible and west wales are a disgrace to the league. Today’s results prove this.

Skolars has a couple of lucky wins but are dropping back to the bottom of the league and will finish bottom 4 like predicted. They are lucky not to be lower it’s only for keighleys points deduction. Beaten at home again today with several duel reg players it’s poor 

3 minutes ago, Londonfan said:

I said it at the start of the season that skolars  are terrible and west wales are a disgrace to the league. Today’s results prove this.

Skolars has a couple of lucky wins but are dropping back to the bottom of the league and will finish bottom 4 like predicted. They are lucky not to be lower it’s only for keighleys points deduction. Beaten at home again today with several duel reg players it’s poor 

You’re wrong about Skolars. We’ve deserved our wins and second place. We’ve not disgraced ourselves last few matches but should have won. I’m frustrated today but if u don’t mind me saying you’re taking rubbish. Were you at the match today? 

14 minutes ago, Londonfan said:

Harsh on West Wales. Certainly improved from last year

I go to most matches even though I question my sanity sometimes and yes I was at today’s game. Beaten by a team at home that were beaten by 50 points last weekend. Players for the bears playing out of position due to injuries and we were beaten. It’s not acceptable there is something seriously going on within the group of players. A few weeks away to keighley the Coleman Brothers were close to coming to blows and continuous arguing.

Also dual reg is a double edged sword. We had Nzongou and Wynne today. It was the players who have been with us for a while that performed. Doherty, Bower, Hedges, Scott, Owen, Kesik. It's a myth that we are dependent on DR. 

1 minute ago, Londonfan said:

West wales may have improved with a full time Aussie coach but still getting hammered every week and 72-0 loss at home today confirms how bad they are even with their new signings 

Yes they were beat last week by a very good side. Same with West Wales today. Don't underestimate how hard both of those games were.

4 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

Yes they were beat last week by a very good side. Same with West Wales today. Don't underestimate how hard both of those games were.

And it was only a month ago that the team currently second in League 1 were dispatched 31-0 by Donny. When Donny click they are a match for anyone in League 1.

rldfsignature.jpg

1 hour ago, Rob Nash said:

Can anyone confirm West Wales biggest defeat this season. We can't have been far off.

Yep.WWR lost in their last home game 10 - 72 to Hunslet,and 8-72 to Oldham at home,back in April.

( Thanks to Roger O for the info.The website has got worse since last season )

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 hour ago, Londonfan said:

They are lucky not to be lower it’s only for keighleys points deduction. 

In fact, even with their deducted points added, Keighley would still be below London Skolars in the table...

1 hour ago, Londonfan said:

I go to most matches even though I question my sanity sometimes and yes I was at today’s game. Beaten by a team at home that were beaten by 50 points last weekend. Players for the bears playing out of position due to injuries and we were beaten. It’s not acceptable there is something seriously going on within the group of players. A few weeks away to keighley the Coleman Brothers were close to coming to blows and continuous arguing.

Lots of good new players signed this season but the same old, same old.  Can't someone get a grip on the situation?

2 hours ago, Londonfan said:

West wales may have improved with a full time Aussie coach but still getting hammered every week and 72-0 loss at home today confirms how bad they are even with their new signings 

A reported 65 spectators watched the West Wales-Doncaster game this afternoon. Slightly worse than the 79 for the recent home game with Workington. Figures obtained from a spectator at both games. Don't believe the official attendance figures. A complete joke. Time the RFL got rid, I think.

Coventry have also beaten Workington and Newcastle this season and should have also beat Skolars at home. While I can understand Skolars fans being disappointed seems quite a reaction to a defeat against a team that has shown they can be a match for anyone on their day. Considering where you finished last season I would say on balance you are still having a good season

Archived