5-7 Jul: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

15 minutes ago, clogdance said:

Indeed we have, in which 3 of them have played very few games in Super League....and you know it.

If you have sold your soul to the DR devil, you have sold your soul, irrespective of who you get and how many games they have played for your super league master.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, clogdance said:

Indeed we have, in which 3 of them have played very few games in Super League....and you know it.

Hahaha if that's the principle you want to go on presumably you'll be begging Duffy not to play Luke Douglas, who broke the record for most career consecutive appearances in the NRL?

And did you burn your season ticket in disgust when Leigh played Danny Richardson, a member of last year's SL Dream Team no less, against us earlier this season?

Keep digging!

54 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

It's kinda hard to keep up

Yes, they've got a DR agreement with Leeds, everyone knows about that (and doubtless has an opinion). But Ben Reynolds? Who does he actually play for these days? Last I remember he played for Leigh, now he's on loan from somewhere and playing against them, replacing Tom Holmes who was on loan from Huddersfield.

And Luke Briscoe must wake up in a morning and wonder who he plays for. He's backwards and forwards from Leeds to Featherstone more times than I can count.

All within 'the rules' I'm sure - but still....

It isn't hard.

Ben Reynolds is contracted to Wakefield.

Ben Reynolds is not getting into the Wakefield team.

Wakefield and Ben decide to send him out on loan to get some game time.

Ben chooses to come to Fev over other offers from other clubs.

There endeth the 1st lesson. 

Luke Briscoe is contracted to Leeds.

Luke Briscoe is not getting into the Leeds team.

Leeds and Luke decide to send him out on DR to get some game time.

Luke chooses to come to Fev.

There endeth the 2nd lesson.

12 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

If you have sold your sole to the DR devil, you have sold your sole, irrespective of who you get and how many games they have played for your super league master.

If they sell their soles what will they put on their feet ? ?

6 hours ago, mickhornet said:

Your lot were a disgrace at ours,and not for the first time.

NOT defending the IDIOTS who are causing this trouble they arnt wanted! But by your lot it makes it sound like everyone was a disgrace which is not true, i hope the true fans weren't a disgrace while handing their hard earned cash £ over to your club. 

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Hahaha if that's the principle you want to go on presumably you'll be begging Duffy not to play Luke Douglas, who broke the record for most career consecutive appearances in the NRL?

And did you burn your season ticket in disgust when Leigh played Danny Richardson, a member of last year's SL Dream Team no less, against us earlier this season?

Keep digging!

I've heard that Kevin SInfield will be your 'Director Of Rugby' just for tomorrows game, is this true ? ?

13 minutes ago, clogdance said:

I've heard that Kevin SInfield will be your 'Director Of Rugby' just for tomorrows game, is this true ? ?

Again - you're a fan of a DR/loan-using team trying desperately to score points over another DR/loan-using team. The first attempt fell completely flat, so you're trying a different angle.

Whatever floats your boat and all that, but why not just talk about the game?

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Again - you're a fan of a DR/loan-using team trying desperately to score points over another DR/loan-using team. The first attempt fell completely flat, so you're trying a different angle.

Whatever floats your boat and all that, but why not just talk about the game?

I predict a final score of Featherstone 30 Leigh Centurions 16. We have plenty forwards, but missing pace in the backs.

3 minutes ago, clogdance said:

I predict a final score of Featherstone 30 Leigh Centurions 16. We have plenty forwards, but missing pace in the backs.

Fair enough. Personally I think we (Fev) will have to play a lot better than in any of our last 4 games to win this. We played very well in April and May, but were distinctly scratchy in June.

Should be a good game, but not an easy one to predict.

24 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Fair enough. Personally I think we (Fev) will have to play a lot better than in any of our last 4 games to win this. We played very well in April and May, but were distinctly scratchy in June.

Should be a good game, but not an easy one to predict.

Let's hope the game is a great advert for the Championship with a good crowd to witness it. 

Archived