5-7 Jul: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, clogdance said:

I predict a final score of Featherstone 30 Leigh Centurions 16. We have plenty forwards, but missing pace in the backs.

16 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Fair enough. Personally I think we (Fev) will have to play a lot better than in any of our last 4 games to win this. We played very well in April and May, but were distinctly scratchy in June.

Should be a good game, but not an easy one to predict.

14 - 22 to Leigh is my prediction, really looking forward to the game and I love coming over to Fev, hope those who choose to get their enjoyment from other than watching what is happening on the pitch are kept in check.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Some important information regarding my visit to the fair town of Featherstone today, could anybody tell me if Station Lane Fisheries will be open before the game, they do the most excellent fish and chips? 

Not 100% sure but i think they usually are. 

59 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

14 - 22 to Leigh is my prediction, really looking forward to the game and I love coming over to Fev, hope those who choose to get their enjoyment from other than watching what is happening on the pitch are kept in check.

Banned apparently and i don't think the true fans will stand for anymore nonsense, the club certainly can't afford it and at the end of the day it affects all of us at the club. 

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Some important information regarding my visit to the fair town of Featherstone today, could anybody tell me if Station Lane Fisheries will be open before the game, they do the most excellent fish and chips? 

Just looked and its CLOSED today, food at ground but don't know what. 

Really compacted at the top of the Championship now (excepting Toronto)

Three teams level on 26 points after Featherstones victory over Leigh, and Bradford (in great form) just two points back. Sheffield two points further back. York quietly going about their business on 28. 

It's any four from those six to join TW in the five. I think it will go all the way to the wire, with plenty of twists and turns. It entirely possible that Toulouse might not even make top 5.

Also pretty tight at the bottom. Rochdale look to be gone, but Dewsbury beating Barrow was huge today. Swinton look to be pulling clear, but Batley have been dragged into it.

Great competition this season

3 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Isn't it just. The losses to Dewsbury and Barrow could still prove very costly. 

Next week will be very tough.

They could, but in some ways it's better to slip up against non-top 5 rivals as long as you win the 4-pointers. We've beaten York twice, Bradford, Sheffield and Halifax in the last couple of months and a loss in any of those games would change the table significantly.

Anything we get from the Toronto game is a bonus but again it's not really a 4-pointer. The games at York away and Toulouse at home are going to be crucial for Fev.

29 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Isn't it just. The losses to Dewsbury and Barrow could still prove very costly. 

Next week will be very tough.

Having said that other teams must be saying the same. 

Archived