5-7 Jul: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

4 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Appreciate that, I sit sideways on towards that end, so had a good view. Christ knows what the flag waver was looking at.?

Then again with the number of Leeds players you had , I'm sure you must have chucked a few ?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

To be fair, two of Leigh's first half tries came from passes that colin kaepernick would stick on his highlight reel.

One of the many "errors" that today's ref made.

That aside, it was a tough, well fought game. Thought we won the energy battle and a late scare aside, the result was never in doubt after Chizzy's intercept.

I'm sure Ben Reynolds got way less stick than 'ocky, Riddy and Scruffy Duffy got. Goes with the territory when you play a former team.

I was right in line for Leigh's try immediately before half time, the scorer clearly dropped the ball as he was scoring.  In SL it would have gone to the Video ref.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

37 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Why would SL want you in?

Well isn't that the whole point of the sport to achive promotion? Wakefield offer no more then Featherstone, we've a better ground for a start and with away fans would surely match their crowds. 

46 minutes ago, Private Baldrick said:

We did! He was the ref when we played Hull in the Cup on Sky Sports and Talaupapa did that 'mis timed tackle' on Shaul and he stayed on the pitch! ?

aye six yellows one red he was poor that night and he was poor today

5 minutes ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Well isn't that the whole point of the sport to achive promotion? Wakefield offer no more then Featherstone, we've a better ground for a start and with away fans would surely match their crowds. 

So you think you should be allowed up because you have a better ground than Wakefield?

I don't think any club that relies on DR should be allowed up, as clearly they're not self sustainable

2 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

So you think you should be allowed up because you have a better ground than Wakefield?

I don't think any club that relies on DR should be allowed up, as clearly they're not self sustainable

So we might as well all pack in and leave to the teams already there plus Toronto then? 

Teams were told they had to have certain criteria for their grounds Wakefield and Castleford failed miserably but when it crops up they both get their plans out but they never materialise so do you think they should stay in SL? 

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

Most clubs in SL are unsustainable because they are reliant on n a rich owner to make up the shortfall.

The Wakefield ground is very poor and rather than getting off their backsides and improving it all they can do is moan about how someone owes them a ground. 

Get off your butts and do something for yourselves instead of relying on other people 

24 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

Most clubs in SL are unsustainable because they are reliant on n a rich owner to make up the shortfall.

The Wakefield ground is very poor and rather than getting off their backsides and improving it all they can do is moan about how someone owes them a ground.  

Get off your butts and do something for yourselves instead of relying on other people  

And who would make up the shortfall in Featherstone's case?

I didn't want to touch any nerves, but i didn't think i said anything groundbreaking by questioning why SL would want Featherstone in..................if a better ground than Wakefield is the best reason, then I can't see them jumping at it, should the opportunity arise. Salford have shiny new stadium, and people are hardly extolling their virtues

29 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Just watched Ryan Carr's post match interview.

He really wasn't pleased with today's officiating. 

Genuine question: Are referees evaluated after each game?

Strange isn't it , I don't recall anything he got wrong of consequence 

Did like Fevs use of the Benny Hill music to calm down the little ' fracas ' , an excellent idea 

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Did like Fevs use of the Benny Hill music to calm down the little ' fracas ' , an excellent idea 

the music wasnt played to calm  people down it was played because its still no 1 in the charts in fev

3 hours ago, DoubleD said:

And who would make up the shortfall in Featherstone's case?

I didn't want to touch any nerves, but i didn't think i said anything groundbreaking by questioning why SL would want Featherstone in..................if a better ground than Wakefield is the best reason, then I can't see them jumping at it, should the opportunity arise. Salford have shiny new stadium, and people are hardly extolling their virtues

Why bring it up then? It’s a thread about championship fixtures. There’s a million threads where you can quote Scotchy on how every championship club is worthless and should be grateful for winning the championship as an ambition.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 06:43, Snowman123 said:

Looks like a full or strong TO squad back to fitness after a few tough weeks dropping games and momentum. 

In 24hrs we’ll see how strong. Not much between teams in positions 2-7,  and TO have dropped some easy games after being the only team to roll ( once ) TWP.

I’d like to see some real competition for TWP, but it looks like they’re home and hosed. 

Well, Bradford came to Toulouse with full confidence in their way for play off.. and As you say, Toulouse dropped some games... that is why I thought Bradford could get it, but looking at the evolution of the scorecards, it could have gone the other way. yes 2-7 are very closed + Widnes (they started with negative Points) and Halifax (even if they dont have the season they were hopping for) 

I remember the first year of Toulouse in Championship, I Think their was Hull KR at the very top, Featherstone, Toulouse, London and Halifax competing for the other 3 places in play offs (Bradford had been penalised with -10 Point or something like that..). So we can say that the level of the championship is on the way up. hope the tv rights negociations will let the Championship free next time, so we could enjoy live stream coverages...

11 hours ago, DoubleD said:

No I don't think that, what I do think is that had we and not they been promoted in 1998, we'd have done at least as well as they have, and we have a better ground.    They got in on the bogus offer of a new ground, and were shortly in financial difficulties too, but they're still there.  And they have grown their crowds.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

8 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

There were any number of pro Leigh dubious decisions made by this ref.  Who's said to have been Ridyard's best man and Higham's brother in law.   Fev fans are accused of being paranoid about the RFL being anti Fev, what better way to quiet such fears than to appoint this man to ref a game between the two sides.  Shouldn't Caesar's wife be above suspicion?

Clement Attlee.

9 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Did like Fevs use of the Benny Hill music to calm down the little ' fracas ' , an excellent 

Yeah it all adds to the fun! 

4 minutes ago, Trojan said:

There were any number of pro Leigh dubious decisions made by this ref.  Who's said to have been Ridyard's best man and Higham's brother in law.   Fev fans are accused of being paranoid about the RFL being anti Fev, what better way to quiet such fears than to appoint this man to ref a game between the two sides.  Shouldn't Caesar's wife be above suspicion?

Yes, and she makes a beautiful salad.

6 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Why bring it up then? It’s a thread about championship fixtures. There’s a million threads where you can quote Scotchy on how every championship club is worthless and should be grateful for winning the championship as an ambition.

wasn’t the one who brought it up, I was responding to one of your fellow fans who made the remark that they don’t want you in SL

2 hours ago, Trojan said:

No I don't think that, what I do think is that had we and not they been promoted in 1998, we'd have done at least as well as they have, and we have a better ground.    They got in on the bogus offer of a new ground, and were shortly in financial difficulties too, but they're still there.  And they have grown their crowds.

That’s possibly a fair comment, it would have been interesting to see how the alternative would’ve played out

Archived