6 Jul: SL: London Broncos v Warrington Wolves KO 3pm

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/07/19 at 14:00

Oh dear,  0-30 now and not even half time, gonna be a long day for London, never thought they would win this tbh and the season strains most deffo taking its toll on a very thin squad. They'll go behind HKR on PD after this game.

C'on London, just a few more wins to give yourselves a chance!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Oh dear,  0-30 now and not even half time, gonna be a long day for London, never thought they would win this tbh and the season strains most deffo taking its toll on a very thin squad. They'll go behind HKR on PD after this game.

C'on London, just a few more wins to give yourselves a chance!

Hopefully not starting next week...

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

5 minutes ago, stevereed100 said:

Come on ye Hull! 

Solidarity brothers all 'ull lads together eh!

Mind you Broncos are capable of keeping the Hull losing streak going,what was the record,it's on again.

The record is 50-0. That was the record you were on about wasn’t it steve?

rldfsignature.jpg

London worked hard, as ever, but conceded some truly abysmal tries today. The worst of which were undoubtedly from Walker - he pulled out of tackles on two of them, just completely bottled it. He'll have to hope Chris Chester wasn't watching. An improved second half but that doesn't make up for it. We need everyone firing 100% to stand a chance, even just one or two being off form and we've no chance. A couple of lads out injured today, and another one picked up today by Smith. Need everyone back on Thursday.

Warrington were an interesting watch. Big, strong and very quick, and far too clinical for us. Their line speed was very impressive - even allowing for being continually offside - and they just smothered our attack. Mamo had a shocker at FB though.

Worst of all though, the bar ran out of bitter half hour before kick off. Ruined the whole day.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

7 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

London won't win another game this season

You may be right but some people said that before their first game.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

When they put the" highlights" video on the club website, you will see SIX really soft tries conceded by London.  From Kieran Dixon deflecting a high ball to Lineham for the fist try onwards. It was Under 19 stuff, not that Warrington did not try to keep London in the game knocking on at the kick off after both of the first two tries. Notb that London could do anything with the possession. In fact if anyone has the statistics, you wil see never has so much possession in the opponents half been had by a side losing 0-36 at the break.

Danny Ward must have given them a coating at half time but in truth much as there was a lot of justfied comment about the referree allowing Warrington (and in particular Blake Austin) to be offside at the PTB. Not even the most one eyed observer could fail to note that Warrington were the superior side who never seemed to get out of third gear in what, at times, appeared a training exercise for them.

As explained to some pro London Wire fans at the game it all boils down to Money, Leeds, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Hull KR all have gone out and bought. London without the proverbioal brass razoo have not. It's easy to be critical of our benefactor but whenever I have been in earshot of David Hughes, I have never been left with the impression that should the right investors come along Mr Hughes would not gladly step aside.

Nothing else left to do but roll up the sleeves put in a shift and continue to try to defy the odds for the Broncos.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

7 hours ago, The Future is League said:

London won't win another game this season

7 hours ago, latchford albion said:

You may be right but some people said that before their first game.

The Future is League has said it on here at least twice. Prior to London victories.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

8 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Looked fat, slow and rubbish

Seen him play for Saints (Northampton) many times and was really disappointed 

He came on for Austin and clarke was off, so no real playmakers and multiple players playing out of position so not really a fair chance to judge, the one thing that would help is a fully fledged reserve league were he could find his feet. 

34 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

He came on for Austin and clarke was off, so no real playmakers and multiple players playing out of position so not really a fair chance to judge, the one thing that would help is a fully fledged reserve league were he could find his feet. 

Fair point - I was drunk and annoyed with the result when I wrote it

Maybe he looked slower than I've seen him because of tentativeness in positioning etc. 

Still say he looked way too heavy even though he says he's lost weight 

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

So obviously he will have to improve his fitness by a lot

He was blowing like a foghorn after about 15 minutes. He's clearly not match fit for Superleague but the fact that Price has thrown him in so soon says a lot about his intentions.

On a separate note, I thought Darryl Clarke was as good as ever yesterday and Ben Currie probably had his best game since returning. Mamo was lively at FB but has big mistakes in him, while Jack Hughes also went under the radar and had a very strong game. Mike Cooper is a rock and London couldn't handle him in the first half.

I can't wait to see Wire play when Ratchford and Brown are back, then we have the mouthwatering prospect of Widdop joining the party next year. We just need to fill the massive shoes of Goodwin and I don't know whether we are in the market for a big name centre or are looking at Burrell.

One more thing - what a cracking bunch the London fans are, there's a really good vibe about the place. A really enjoyable day out in the sun, thanks London ?

Archived