6 Jul: SL: London Broncos v Warrington Wolves KO 3pm

Who will win?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/07/19 at 14:00

28 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

He was blowing like a foghorn after about 15 minutes. He's clearly not match fit for Superleague but the fact that Price has thrown him in so soon says a lot about his intentions.

On a separate note, I thought Darryl Clarke was as good as ever yesterday and Ben Currie probably had his best game since returning. Mamo was lively at FB but has big mistakes in him, while Jack Hughes also went under the radar and had a very strong game. Mike Cooper is a rock and London couldn't handle him in the first half.

I can't wait to see Wire play when Ratchford and Brown are back, then we have the mouthwatering prospect of Widdop joining the party next year. We just need to fill the massive shoes of Goodwin and I don't know whether we are in the market for a big name centre or are looking at Burrell.

One more thing - what a cracking bunch the London fans are, there's a really good vibe about the place. A really enjoyable day out in the sun, thanks London ?

Agree with all of this.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

So obviously he will have to improve his fitness by a lot

Heard a length interview with him

He says he is really intent on taking himself to the necessary "dark places" in training to get aerobically fit enough

He's a real athlete but needs to drop a stone and a half or not play centre. As a Northampton fan I want him to do well 

50 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

One more thing - what a cracking bunch the London fans are, there's a really good vibe about the place. A really enjoyable day out in the sun, thanks London ?

Back at you ant the other Wire fans- all great fun.. Particularly the older couple out with us near the bar window.... They were mullered from kick off... Hilarious

Line speed from Wire was by some distance the quickest we've seen down Vallis way (albeit from 8/9 metres every PDB)

Now go and win the thing and get a new name on the trophy! 

1 hour ago, Leeds Wire said:

He was blowing like a foghorn after about 15 minutes. He's clearly not match fit for Superleague but the fact that Price has thrown him in so soon says a lot about his intentions.

On a separate note, I thought Darryl Clarke was as good as ever yesterday and Ben Currie probably had his best game since returning. Mamo was lively at FB but has big mistakes in him, while Jack Hughes also went under the radar and had a very strong game. Mike Cooper is a rock and London couldn't handle him in the first half.

I can't wait to see Wire play when Ratchford and Brown are back, then we have the mouthwatering prospect of Widdop joining the party next year. We just need to fill the massive shoes of Goodwin and I don't know whether we are in the market for a big name centre or are looking at Burrell.

My understanding is that you are signing Gelling and Brand as centres for next year

14 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

My understanding is that you are signing Gelling and Brand as centres for next year

I love Gelling as a player and a personality - even when he was a Wigan player, but he's a real rocks and diamonds type.  If this is true, and given how Dave T has reacted to Ratchford's mistakes in the past, then I reckon he may spontaneously combust.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

8 minutes ago, latchford albion said:

I love Gelling as a player and a personality - even when he was a Wigan player, but he's a real rocks and diamonds type.  If this is true, and given how Dave T has reacted to Ratchford's mistakes in the past, then I reckon he may spontaneously combust.

Agreed....

I think Brand is a really good prospect, I haven't seen a lot of him but the few games I have seen him, he's really impressed me. I'd be interested to know Widnes fans thoughts on him

41 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I really don't want to be negative, but Gelling is not Goodwin. Is Brand the Widnes kid? Apologies for my ignorance.

I think we need to look at a more "like for like" centre to feed our wingers. Goodwin has been an absolute privilege to watch in a Wire shirt. I think back to Bateman, then Gleeson - I reckon Goodwin would be up there in legendary status if he'd stayed a while.

Still disappointed we didn't get Watkins. Oh well.

1 minute ago, Leeds Wire said:

I really don't want to be negative, but Gelling is not Goodwin. Is Brand the Widnes kid? Apologies for my ignorance.

I think we need to look at a more "like for like" centre to feed our wingers. Goodwin has been an absolute privilege to watch in a Wire shirt. I think back to Bateman, then Gleeson - I reckon Goodwin would be up there in legendary status if he'd stayed a while.

Still disappointed we didn't get Watkins. Oh well.

I agree, Goodwin is always a hard act to follow.

Brand is the Widnes kid...........he'd be another project like Davis but there's definitely something to work with

12 hours ago, latchford albion said:

:kolobok_biggrin: To be fair, I'm not too against errors, that wasn't my main criticism of Ratchford, it was that he never fulfilled that potential and actually grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck and won games for us. He always made half breaks, or had half a good game, or had a few good passes and then a couple into touch. So whilst his errors may have been frustrating, I am ok with a team with errors in as long as the good stuff outweighs it. 

Until his injury this year, Ratchford was looking more like the complete player, long may that continue on his return.

29 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Until his injury this year, Ratchford was looking more like the complete player, long may that continue on his return.

I think it’s fairly obvious now that he’s an out and out full back and his strength is ‘adding to plays’ rather than running the show.

Let’s pray he’s back for the playoffs along with Brown, to give Austin a bit more freedom and less workload ?

55 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I think it’s fairly obvious now that he’s an out and out full back and his strength is ‘adding to plays’ rather than running the show.

Let’s pray he’s back for the playoffs along with Brown, to give Austin a bit more freedom and less workload ?

On Saturday I was told by someone very reliable that Ratchford will be back in August.

1 hour ago, Colly said:

just not the Wires.?

Well there aren’t many decent young centres around so I can’t see any issue being back-up centre at a big club.

If he’s as good as he hopes he is then he’ll work hard and eventually force himself to be first-choice just like T King has had to.   Plenty of smaller clubs ignore young British backs and go for overseas signings too.

On 07/07/2019 at 01:35, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Looked fat, slow and rubbish

Seen him play for Saints (Northampton) many times and was really disappointed 

Interesting, that was the perfect game to give him a run out.

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Interesting, that was the perfect game to give him a run out.

It was and I've since admitted I was drunk and annoyed when I posted that

Just looked physically out of shape and gassed out within 10 mins..... Certainly didn't look aerobically fit enough for a SL game. 

I want him to do well... Its a great story for the game and if makes the WC with England or even Jamaica then it'll get some column inches outside the normal RL places which is great

10 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

It was and I've since admitted I was drunk and annoyed when I posted that

Just looked physically out of shape and gassed out within 10 mins..... Certainly didn't look aerobically fit enough for a SL game. 

I want him to do well... Its a great story for the game and if makes the WC with England or even Jamaica then it'll get some column inches outside the normal RL places which is great

I honestly didn’t expect Burrell to be anywhere near the squad until well into next season.   According to the club, he’s impressed the coaching staff with his motivation and professionalism and that’s why they’re using the ‘easier’ games (for want of a better word) to give him some exposure.

I’m not convinced he’ll be ready this season, but if Price wants to use these sort of situations to reward the efforts of players then so be it.   Can’t see him being used in the business end of the season though.

Either way, nice to see Burrell isn’t just here to to top up his pension ?

On 8 July 2019 at 15:06, Cheshire Setter said:

Well there aren’t many decent young centres around so I can’t see any issue being back-up centre at a big club.

If he’s as good as he hopes he is then he’ll work hard and eventually force himself to be first-choice just like T King has had to.   Plenty of smaller clubs ignore young British backs and go for overseas signings too.

Trust me if your from Widnes, it is anybody but the Wires. It really hurts at the moment.

Nothing to do with Brand, he will be fine. Very decent young player.

Archived