5 Jul: SL: Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/19 at 18:45

2 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Cas players seem to be trained to surrepticiously strip the ball in the tackle. Happening too often to be by chance. And also to spill it in the tackle to gain penalties too. Totally ruining the game but will anything be done? 

The nonsense at the PTB got sorted out with new rules and interpretations so maybe this trashy behaviour can be sorted out quickly too by the powers that be with a directive from on high. It's destroying the game by allowing cheating to be rewarded.

Stop all this nonsense then about more than one player in the tackle means the ball cannot be stolen, if it was any number in the tackle and paramount to keep hold of the ball the players would make sure they do so. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Seems to be a good team spirit about Leeds. Encouraging signs for them 

Lui coming to Leeds seems to have been a massive signing. Half Backs are so important and Leeds finally have a general who is amongst the best in SL. 

They definitely have turned a corner and with 6 home games left may shoot up the table and challenge for 5th yet. 

28 minutes ago, DavidM said:

the stripping rule really is a blight on the game . So inconsistently officiated as they guess knock or penalty half the time for the same kind of incident .Some of these pens are just loose carries , contact or a player letting go off the ball when they feel an arm anywhere near it . A big majority of the pens come in this area

can you define what a loose carry is when you have one or more players with hands on the ball or arms/hands? Have seen a lot of 'loose carries' that have had plenty of opposition involvement in the ball coming free. You do realise that an athletically fit/strong rugby player can exert a lot of force when it might appear that they aren't right?

It's unnatural for a player to simply let go of the ball when they have zero idea as to outcome, it would be a pure guess, very, very rarely have I seen a player let go of the ball in contact even when there were a lot of hands on the ball. Giving up possession on back of a guess as to how the officials see it would be dumb in extremis.

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Stop all this nonsense then about more than one player in the tackle means the ball cannot be stolen, if it was any number in the tackle and paramount to keep hold of the ball the players would make sure they do so. 

True . And a lot of the time it’s not even stolen in the sense of a real stripping motion . You’re gonna get hands around the ball or it coming out in contact . We really need to rebalance things to the onus being on him holding it or hard luck knock on . Some really soft pens now

2 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

They definitely have turned a corner and with 6 home games left may shoot up the table and challenge for 5th yet. 

Honestly this season is absolutely primed for a Leeds from 5th special at the Grand final haha!

1 minute ago, Southerner80 said:

Lui coming to Leeds seems to have been a massive signing. Half Backs are so important and Leeds finally have a general who is amongst the best in SL. 

And why not? 

This season has been a good advert for P&R for all sorts of reasons and Leeds pulling out their finger and signing some quality is one.

2 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

can you define what a loose carry is when you have one or more players with hands on the ball or arms/hands? Have seen a lot of 'loose carries' that have had plenty of opposition involvement in the ball coming free. You do realise that an athletically fit/strong rugby player can exert a lot of force when it might appear that they aren't right?

It's unnatural for a player to simply let go of the ball when they have zero idea as to outcome, it would be a pure guess, very, very rarely have I seen a player let go of the ball in contact even when there were a lot of hands on the ball. Giving up possession on back of a guess as to how the officials see it would be dumb in extremis.

An athletic fit strong rugby player should be able to keep hold of it then . Unless it’s a deliberate stripping motion it should be a knock on . I’d define a loose carry as a carry that’s loose by the way 

Suffice to say from a neutral perspective Leeds wanted it more, the stats will be massively in Castleford's favour but its not how long you have the ball it's what you do with it. A point no doubt being made in the Castleford dressing room as I type by Daryl Powell...

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

5 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

Wigan have stolen that one thank you very much.     Leeds need another, and a new coach to play it back.

I know leeds have offloaded Watkins and moved Parcell on but with the signings they have made I wouldn't be surprised if they have deliberately breached the salary cap to avoid relegation just like Wigan did several years ago. 

14 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I’d go other way, and say no ball stealing

4 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

I thought it was a great game, if you didn't enjoy it, well that seems unfortunate for you. First 20 minutes or so were as good as anything you will see. Didn't quite reach that level for the rest of the game but it was still enjoyable. When a game is close there really is no more exciting sport 

The strips/knock ons were, as always a lottery. But it's a lottery for both sides which isnt much of a defence but it's true.

However it's not a rule issue, it's a ruling issue. Players do it because refs get it wrong so often. Refs get it wrong less players will do it less. If we cant get enough 2nd refs then get the VR at every game and have one camera trained on 'the pocket' and have the VR watch it in real time. If we get 85/90% of the decisions right players will.stop trying it on. It wouldnt be worth it.

Christ

1 minute ago, snapski said:

I’d go other way, and say no ball stealing

I was wondering what the effect would be if it was fair game and you could have a go at the ball until he cried held , and everything was a contest ?

16 minutes ago, DavidM said:

He got run over a few times . No wonder he’s been a championship half , he doesn’t have the physical stature or quality to steer a SL side around . He made Myler look good

Doesn't matter how bad he is he's always get a starting spot in the championship, at Sheffield ?

12 minutes ago, DavidM said:

An athletic fit strong rugby player should be able to keep hold of it then . Unless it’s a deliberate stripping motion it should be a knock on . I’d define a loose carry as a carry that’s loose by the way 

Because nobody's going to have differences of opinion about that.

Ohh no.

No no no no no.

Nope.

Never in a squillion years.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

Because nobody's going to have differences of opinion about that.

Ohh no.

No no no no no.

Nope.

Never in a squillion years.

I agree with you . That’s sorted . It’s in from Monday 

8 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

There is no way on Gods earth Leeds are paying Lunt, Martin, Ava and Lui as much as they were paying Parcell, Garbutt, Watkins and lolohea

Garbutt went before the start of the season, Martin was an NRL player and left to play for Leeds. I guess we will find out next year like we did with Wigan when Noble bought who he wanted to avoid relegation. 

20 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Wigan have stolen that one thank you very much.     Leeds need another, and a new coach to play it back.

I can see Wigan as 3rd and given the form of the rest, Leeds could yet sneak 5th. 

Wigan are imo a real chance to win the SL GF. 

8 minutes ago, hullste said:

I know leeds have offloaded Watkins and moved Parcell on but with the signings they have made I wouldn't be surprised if they have deliberately breached the salary cap to avoid relegation just like Wigan did several years ago. 

You don't honestly believe if they had finished bottom they would have gone down do you? If that's affirmative can I intrest you in a nice get rich scheme that just can't fail, you only need to invest £10,000 and I almost guarantee you will probably double your money somtime possibly in the future☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

29 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

The much maligned Mr Agar seems to be the most important difference.Even the Australians,signed by/for Mr Furner,seem delighted to play for him.

Does Mr Elstone NOT attend games involving the club he follows? I thought Super League was going to be much improved and attendances would increase.Struggling on both counts,it seems.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

19 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I was wondering what the effect would be if it was fair game and you could have a go at the ball until he cried held , and everything was a contest ?

That was the game not that long ago David until it has been sanitized to no longer resemble Rugby League.

Archived