4 Jul: SL: Salford Red Devils v Huddersfield Giants KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/19 at 18:45

Salford grab a 6 pointer back

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hudds don't look clever at the back behind the high ball, Salford may try it on their last few sets.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Hudds secure it with 90 seconds to go.

FT 18 - 36

1 minute ago, SL17 said:

Then explain it!

If the referee can't see the ball being grounded then he can award the try. If there is a video ref present then he can also choose to send it for review but unless there is an issue other than the grounding then he should send it up as a try if he does

Looked to me like momentum shoved english over the line, all it needs is a blade of grass remember 

However, how absolutely awful is the Sky commentary team. Apart from being spectacularly biased from the moment coverage opened, to calling Huddersfield as Hull KR at one point, suggesting the Giants had produced no young players in 20 years until now...

At least since Eddie went they can tell Lawrence and Jerry apart

Absolutely rank amateurs 

7 minutes ago, southwalesrabbitoh said:

Gil Dudson should have bn yellow carded for the at high shot on English in the 2nd half. 

You'll have to go back a good few years to find a player carded for foul play against the Giants...

Well half this thread has disappeared up it's own a***hole arguing about Video refs, what about the match.................. Um, I see why now! Salford gave up after their first couple of scores, thought it would be easy, Shuddersford meanwhile grew in confidence as they worked themselves back into the game.

You really can't believe that Salford were fourth in the division mind you a team that has conceded 50+ on five occasions was in front of them! Seems like a levelling down of standards if you ask me. Have 'Ull really signed Josh Jones, and are they really going to pay him money? The worlds gone mad I tell you. Loloheia still looks ######, as I said back when Leeds signed him.

All this talk about Shuddersfords young players, most of them were 'aquired' when the Bull's last went bust, like 5 or 6 of of their squad was hence Shuddersford.

Finally, a crowd of 2,300+, I suppose with Sale being the major tennant at the AJB everyone who passes through the gate is counted twice?

1 hour ago, L Bow said:

RL really is a stupid sport. There's a rule where we basically ask the referee to guess if he's unsighted. 

No, I think the ref knows if he is unsighted; he doesn't have to guess whether he is.

Oh Hang on, I think I may have misunderstood you, LB; sorry...

So which of the giants team were acquired when the Bulls went bust? Do tell...

And this is also a Giants team that have lost 3 game by a single point, and but for a better goal kicker could be looking to the playoffs themselves.

8 first choice players missing at least...big win and a lot of character shown 

2 minutes ago, Ant said:

Ahh so you're counting any player who has been at the Bulls ever? Even if they have been at other clubs since, or before? 

Okay...

Yep, not a Bulls fan but you missed out on the jewel in the crown in Trueman unfortunately.

Well done Huddersfield. That made a right mess of my evening. Started listening to Radio Manchester and, when we scored our two early tries, I settled down to enjoy a walk-over. Halfway through the second half, I decided my beauty sleep was more important than listening to another shabby Salford performance. By that time, Huddersfield's confidence was soaring and it sounded like Salford wouldn't find a way through if they played for a month of Sundays. So, once again, "well done" to Huddersfield.

Oh, I didn't sleep well, either.?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

10 hours ago, Ant said:

You're seriously clutching at straws then.

Morning, of the player's I listed only Joe Wardle didn't come to the Giants directly from the Bulls, not the second time you signed him but the first time he did so why am I clutching at straws? What do you disagree about?

I think most of us in the first 10 minutes expected another horror show at Salford, but we showed something we've not shown for a bit now, bottle, desire, fight and a will to win.

Yes it took 2 academy lads off the bench to change the momentum, but we gradually worked our way into the game and Salford, had no answer to it.

Our young lads stood up again and stuck another 2 fingers up to those that say "Huddersfield bring nothing to super league " etc.

Salford really do struggle when Hastings doesn't have his own way, they remind me of us with Brough, everything went through him, usually on the left.

Although the crowd was low in numbers it was good in terms of atmosphere, the Salford fans were louder than any other home fans this season and the Giants contingent didn't exactly sit on their hands either.

Nice one fartown!

Archived